1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Angel Di Maria

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Typical united player. Rubbish. <ok>

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Be fair, he was playing against the world cup winners. We all know he can do better against most teams <grr>

3. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Oh no! Genuinely gutted we bought him :(

4. weararedbonnet

weararedbonnet Well-Known Member

3 assists and only one goal? Need to try harder my lad

5. Stan

Stan Stalker

He was freaking brilliant this evening, Hargreaves (tool) was commentating and soiling himself with praise. There's no way Ancelotti sanctioned the sale of such a player, even for the inflated price of 60million.

I don't want to say too much about Rojo's performance though...

6. Christiansmith

If he performs to 50% of his potential I'd be happy...

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Don`t think Ronaldo was too happy either going off his comments on Real`s transfers <ok>

8. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

it was Florentino Perez who sold him to us.

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That`s what Shteve was saying Matth, Ancelotti would not have sanctioned (done) <ok>it

10. Matth_2014

He had no say whatsoever.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That`s what i am saying Matth, we are in agreement with this and saying the same thing. Ancelotti would not have said yes to this <ok>

12. Matth_2014

Exactly, we should be lucky that he had no say on the matter.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I agree, I think Perez sanctioned the move.
    Ancelotti would have never agreed to it...

<whistle>

14. Matth_2014

Perez: "Given Di Maria&#8217;s situation, we decided to replace him with James. I thank Di Maria for his work in the past 4 years & wish him well"

Perez: "If we had accepted Di Maria&#8217;s demands, it could have jeopardized the financial stability of the club".

Pérez on why he sold di María: "We made the best possible offer (contract) to di María & he didn't accept it."

Perez "I reiterate that we made him the best possible offer.With the exception of Cristiano,Di Maria would have been highest paid at Madrid"

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Interesting one. If all true, why would he leave the biggest club in the World to go to another big club granted, but one not even in Europe this year and in transition. Madrid are guaranteed top 2 and C.L football most years.

Can't work it out. Seems like he's paying lip service to the fans/Ronaldo and was sold so they could fund more 'names'.

16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Perez talks **** so i wouldnt pay attention, he will come out and claim something different in a couple of months.

17. Stan

Stan Stalker

It's obvious he's talking ****e as he said this: "it could have jeopardized the financial stability of the club".

Real haven't been financially stable for decades!

18. Matth_2014

Di Maria: "I can't speak English yet. They [Manchester United] gave me a teacher. I ask Mata for help everyday."

Di Maria: "Van Gaal needs time because they're not used to play with three at the back over here."

Di Maria: "I had proposals from PSG, Monaco, Manchester United... Even Manchester City were around. When you have these proposals..." (1/2)

Di Maria: "...The normal thing would be that the club offered me a new contract, but they said nothing and only wanted to sell me." (2/2).

Di Maria: Cristiano was always on my side. I don't know how long he will stay in Madrid. [Radio América]

Angel Di Maria: "They can say what they want but the 75 million they made off me helped Madrid financially."

Angel Di Maria: "I don't have a great relationship with Florentino. He was not present when I signed and renewed my contract."

Angel Di Maria: "I heard Florentino's decelerations. For me to earn as much as Cristiano, I had to win a Ballon d'Or."

Di Maria: "A letter from Real Madrid arrived [the day of the WC final] at 11am to forbid me to play. They gave it to me and I tore it up."

Angel Di Maria: "I'm really happy being at Manchester but I still have to adapt."

Di Maria: "It's impossible Man United don't allow me to go to an international game, because playing for Argentina is what I love the most."

Di Maria: "One has to go elsewhere when they don't want you."

19. Christiansmith

You have to take players (and their agents, dads, wives, girlfriends, chairmen) declarations with a pinch of salt. Were united the first choice for Di Maria , Falcao, rojo, Herrera etc ? May be not.

But I really don't care. As long as they play to their optimum and give all for the team whilst they are here. The 'love for the club' is totally overrated in a professional footballer. Is Rickie lambert likely to give more to the RS because he is supposed to love them, more than the sewer rat who clearly despised the RS and couldn't wait to escape? I don't think so.

All I ask these insanely paid players is to give their all for the team. That is why last season I was more f**ing disgusted with the players than with Moyes. I didn't want to see many of them in a United shirt ever again.

The incentive for the likes of di Maria Falcao Herrera and others is that the better they play the more likely the club will get into CL to get their wish to play in it fulfilled.

So for me "is united his first love?", "did he get rebuffed by his and that club?" "Was he pushed?" are totally irrelevant.

20. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

There is a lot of bollocks written on here ... footballers first and foremost are mercenaries ... long gone are the days when players had what I'd call real loyalty to clubs ... I recall that the Celtic European Cup winning team of '67 were all born and bred within something like a 3 mile radius of the ground ... you can understand therefore why they really did have 'love' and affinity for their club ... these days there may be the odd one or two who retain such love (unfortunately United have just sold one that might to Arsenal) but football is a business and players nothing more than employees looking primarily for the best remuneration package ...

Lot's of good quotes on the di Maria situation but the real interview is a lot different ...

Interviewer "Why Manchester United?"

Di Maria "Because Leicester City already have Riyad Mahrez"

<laugh> as I said ... a lot of bollox! <laugh>