1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anfield expansion thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Aug 30, 2016.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

thanks.

I heard this was imminent but I am sad to see as many as reasonably able to as the outcome for workers.

there's a massive amount of people badly affected by the lay offs and you'd want the club to help them all out.

2. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

Just been announced. A load of senior managers from the Buckingham group have now been hired by my employers in a just announced new building division...

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Looking for a new job then? :bandit:

Seriously though they've been caught out but all this but had successful portions of their organisation apparently so who knows.

4. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

My employer is a very large European business who have only just entered the UK market and looking to expand. I know one or two people from Buckinghams, not sure who has come over yet, but yeah, they have been successful previously.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

rumours abound.....

21 days to the everton game and it seems the club have not given up on having 61k seats open.

I can't see it myself but Buckingham did largely shut down the filming of stuff inside the thing largely. we just don't know who bad it is in there.

we do know a large amount of materials arrived this week and were carted inside.

we also know brick work started and progressed more in a few days than it did in a month before the collapse.

the outside paving has not restarted yet nor has the roof cladding.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

https://x.com/zagkag1811/status/1709241723719684205?s=46

just a quick update.

despite appointing a new contractor work is extremely slow at the site and the internals show no progress via views into he windows. (there's loads of stuff laying about by the windows that's not moved in ages, it really doesn't look to be moving)

I cannot see this being open for Everton.

a lot of materials have arrived on site and a lot of cars and in the car park.

only time will tell but the site is not safe right now to walk about and the cladding is wide open at the back.

7. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

More seats have gone in, I'd say approximately a third and the brickwork to the left almost complete.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah but those are the very easiest jobs.

what's going on inside? the inside is totally full of junk at the wi dows so what's going on?

what about the roof? the back is wide open and anyone can walk up there. the roof has to be enclosed

Where's the safe access around the site? no paths no road etc.

they have very little time to do those parts.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

this droner waited til twilight and basically broke the site boundary rules and looked in thr windows.

this shows there's a shell inside still, it's very highly unlikely fans are in for the Everton game.

I had thought that AM section's might be open given how they've approached the seating assembly but the shot down the length of the building suggests that it that's opened it will be opened with a toilet and nothing else.

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

11. moreinjuredthanowen

makes sense

0 work on cladding for last 2 weeks aslfter a small amount started

only brickwork bring obviously down outside and done slowly.

just starting paths outside by digging up tarmac now.

seats going in but the inside is a shell from.views in.

there's absolutely no way imo there's people in there for a test even before Everton and absolutely zero way a wsl game is used for one.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/billy-hogan-provides-update-fans-anfield-road-stand-project

now confirmed

NO upper tier opening until AT LEAST JANUARY. with no commitment then iether.

the closes up on the site show masses of absolutely shoddy work (same brickies back on ****ing site btw) and the internals sound like they will also be redone.

buckingham basically stiffed people so they had to continue to hope to get paid but did less than the bare minimum to look like they were completing

They are basically doing what they know about thats easy. and slowly doing internals but there's still work not started within. (could be safety critical systems/stuff hidden underneath stuff like fire and electicals etc)

We will see seats in, the surroundings finsihed, the exterior work done but not the cladding and it could take several months to finihs the interior and safety.

13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'm assuming we'll have insurance to cover the loss of earnings?

Usually your claim from the building company but since they've give busy I would imagine it'll fall back on your own policy?

14. moreinjuredthanowen

no idea. its less than man utd have already lost on onana's value put it that way ;)

seriously though it was put at 4.5million loss earlier so it will be higher now.

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

How's that 4.5m calculated though? It's it just ticket sales or does it include anticipated merchandise and food sales too?

16. moreinjuredthanowen

I believe it was by game so there was a number they had per missed home game and that will now be bigger

17. moreinjuredthanowen

I just checked. Its 750k per home game thats missed.

So from now til January there are a minimum of 9 games (league cup QF TBD)

so that's 6.75million more lost revenues due to this. further delay.

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Plus merchandise, food, etc

19. moreinjuredthanowen

I don't know, just that 750k a game is lost. 11k fans less per game x 50 quid admission (it'd be more I think but for ease) is not 750k but yeah for a pie and pint or whatever that number does sound low.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

you can see form some of the above reasons why certain work like seats are completely stopped.