1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic And Now for Something Completely Different

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 13.59.52.png

Castro, is that you?

2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

To be fair I always read click bait as being the wording to encourage you to open links (the ‘she was horrified’ crap Hull Live use or ‘50 people who look different than you expect’ ****)
    A link is just a link isn’t it?
    It is an appalling story. I did open it because I think it’s important to know what is going on when it’s something you haven’t heard of, even though it’s something you know you’ll find abhorrent.
    I couldn’t read the story after the first paragraph, but it did make me know that type of horrific group exists (maybe I’m sheltered, but I didn’t)
    What I do know is that if they can track the people down they all want prosecuting and putting on a register because enjoying that is a pretty accurate precursor for rapists and murderers.

Kempton and DMD like this.
  3. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Make no apologies for posting things like this, Castro. I couldn't give a flying **** what paper it came from. It needs to be brought to the world's attention.

I won't bury my head in the sand just because it upsets me. I didn't even know this went on until your link.

The thing that really grates on me is that I don't have the power to do anything about it.

But we all know some people do. Unfortunately those people prefer to send pointless rockets into space.

As you say "words fail me".

4. dennisboothstash

Similarly seen lots of links to the ‘festival’ in China (I think) where they skin live dogs to eat them

****ing appalling but there’s a need to expose something if you want to put a stop to it

5. Kempton

I've seen those too, Den. There are people who want to Bury their heads, but that won't get us anywhere.

Good on the Daily Star for putting it out there <ok>

6. dennisboothstash

I’m not sure I’d quite go so far to praise the Star.
    Although I don’t see the link as ‘click bait’ in its own right I’m sure raising awareness isn’t their only reason for posting it. I suppose them getting clicks for a sensational story and people reading that story so they aware is the same outcome so not sure…
    Either way the important thing is people stop to consider animal welfare and do what they are able to do themselves to minimise it

7. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

What did you expect the link say " pictures of cuddly baby monkeys". Do not get your point about the impressionable and how they view the world. Are you saying no one should be made aware of what goes on in the world? That is how the likes of Savile and the horrific abuse of kids in care in Lambeth went on for years. My motive? Making people aware of what these ****s are doing. The victims in the cases I mention would no doubt someone had done the same for them.

Kempton likes this.
  8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

The link isn't click bait. It describes what it is linking to. People can then decide that is something they don't want to look at. Worse would have been a link saying pictures of cute baby monkeys and people clicking and being confronted by those pictures.

Kempton likes this.
  9. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I never knew stuff like this existed and I'm glad it's been brought to our attention.The more that things like this are put out there,the more we can maybe do something about it...

I can't see what the problem is here in highlighting a disgusting,vile,perverted criminal activity which should be stopped immediately..It's appalling!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Kempton and DMD like this.
  10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

11. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Brilliant <applause><applause>

TwoWrights and DMD like this.
  12. Mr Hatem

Hasta la vista, baby.

rovertiger likes this.
  13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There is no live dog-skinning festival in China, or anywhere else, as far as I'm aware. I think you're referring to the Dog & Lychee Festival in China, where, as the name suggests, they eat dogs and lychees. They claim the dogs are treated like any other animal and it's no different to eating sheep or cows, though it's been condemned both nationally and internationally and barely anyone attends nowadays (nor is it likely that do treat them like we would other animals, or there wouldn't be any stories about them not actually being dead before they were skinned). It's obviously abhorrent and hopefully it will cease completely soon.

14. dennisboothstash

Warning, unpleasant content

They can claim what they like, but the live skinning of dogs at the Yulin festival in China is well documented, although some are blowtorched alive instead…
    It’s actually quite a good example of how raising awareness of unpleasant issues can work though because there has been a backlash in China as well including lorries carrying the dogs being stopped by protesters

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....val-China-animal-abuse-numbers-blow-torch/amp

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...china-blow-torch-animal-cruelty-a8969361.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/natu...estival-China-animal-abuse-numbers-blow-torch

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  15. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Agree, abhorrent and hopefully ceases.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1590035011/?tag=not606-21

16. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Great, a not606 snuff thread. Just what we all needed.

dennisboothstash and Mr Hatem like this.
  17. Mr Hatem

Some people have strange interests. There are thousands of people that suffer torture and murder each year without uproar, but when it comes to animals -outrage!

18. Kempton

There is always outrage when humans are tortured and murdered, of course there is, where have you been?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  19. Mr Hatem

Are you sure? I'm not talking about the UK.

20. Kempton

I'm absolutely certain.