1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An "unreserved" apology?

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by EspaniaCelt, Jul 3, 2012.

1. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

Does the fact that Murry used the word " unreservedly" in his statement today constitute an "unreserved" apology? Seems to me that there's quite a lot of qualification in it - (but it wasn't us , it was them), plus the fact that it comes so late in the day and would seem to be made only as part of Green's 'six point plan' to persuade SPL clubs to allow his Newco into the SPL?

"On behalf of the new board of directors, I apologise unreservedly to all for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community, caused entirely by the actions of people who failed miserably to act responsibly during their stewardship of Rangers[."

"That said, all of us within the Rangers family are acutely aware that events at our club, brought about by people who are no longer here, have triggered a crisis in Scottish football"

" ... it a matter of deep regret that events at our club in the past have been the root cause of an extremely difficult time for Scottish football."

"The statement came amid reports that chief executive Charles Green had offered a six-point plan to persuade SPL chairmen to accept his club, one of which was issuing an official apology"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168190/Maloclm-Murray-issues-apology-Scottish-football-Rangers-distress.html

2. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Ye's wanted an apology. Ye's got it and ye's don't like it <laugh>

3. EspaniaCelt

Yea, but we wanted an unreserved genuine apology - not an obviously fake and desperate attempt to curry favour with the SPL and SFL clubs at the very last moment. :emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

<laugh>

Nae pleasing timmy :grin:

5. ManDingo 20"/20"

ManDingo 20"/20" MDMA Guru

<ok>'

6. Hoopster67

Hoopster67 Well-Known Member

When i saw the heading i thought this thread was about dirty Mick.

7. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

Considering Celtic FC's non committal approach their fans should do the decent thing and shut the **** up.

This apology applies to all Scottish Football and the clubs not just poor done by Celtic.

8. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

You're so right Gambol.

9. EspaniaCelt

:emoticon-0100-smile

Unfortunately, for Newco, it's not timmy they have to worry about - it's the majority of all the other clubs and their fans who will see through this pathetic, half-baked, attempt to curry favour right at the death, when Newco's fate is about to be decided by these other clubs. :emoticon-0116-evilg

Wogboy - stop your beeling - calm down - I and I'm sure the majority of Celtic fans, really couldn't care less whether or not Newco issues an apology as it counts for absolutely nothing ... just want to see Newco in the 3rd Division, the same as you. <whistle>

10. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

There is a thread on Rangers media , they think spl /sfa /sfl are due Rangers an apology

11. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

I'm also sorry for everything the old rangers board did

See, its easy to say, especially when it had nothing to do with me in the first place.....and I don't have an agenda for saying it

Therefore my apology carries more weight

12. EspaniaCelt

:emoticon-0136-giggl :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

You see what were up against.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=225134

JOHN BROWN, who is leading a fans’ buy out of Rangers, has blasted Charles Green for surrendering to Celtic.

Brown, who was part of the Ibrox nine-in-a-row era, says he hopes that he will soon be able to reveal his blueprint for Rangers supporters to oust Charles Green.

He said: “Right now I am putting in place the best legal team we can get so that we can do this is in a proper corporate way, with supporters knowing that when they put money in to buy themselves a share in Rangers, their cash is safe.”

But Brown is furious about news that Green has agreed to what he believes Celtic chief executive, Peter Lawwell, wanted in the first place.

Brown said: “Green has surrendered. I think Peter Lawwell had a dream about keeping Rangers in the SPL, but only if he could make sure they would never have any chance of winning the title, by giving them a points deduction for the next few seasons.

“That keeps the value of the SPL for Celtic and means they can maintain a big budget for players, so they can not only win the SPL, but also have a really good chance of getting into the Champions League groups for the next four years.

“That would bring Celtic in almost £100M and all the while Rangers would have to pay SPL wages while being banned from Europe for the next three years and also having no chance of winning the title.

“By also surrendering and agreeing to the SFA transfer embargo, Green will leave Rangers in with no players and Ally McCoist will actually face a fight to avoid relegation.”

But Brown insists that if his scheme for supporters to buy out Green and the faceless men who own Rangers, succeeds, then the right men will be in place inside Ibrox to fight Peter Lawwell, Celtic, the SPL and the SFA.

Brown added: “My plan will put Rangers men in charge of Rangers. The type of people who will not surrender to Peter Lawwell and Celtic the way Green has surrendered to them.”

Former Rangers vice chairman, Donald Findlay QC, is still waiting for a rescheduled date to meet current chairman Malcolm Murray in order that he can study the paperwork which shows just who it is who actually owns Rangers and what names are on the title deeds of Ibrox Stadium, the Auchenhowie training complex and the Albion car park.

Murray pulled out of a meeting which had been set up by Brown and scheduled for early on Monday morning

14. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

And we are sorry for that.

15. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

You cannot unreservedly apolgise and then say "that said"....which makes it a reserved apology.

Also the very much reserved apology is for the "distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community" and not the acts that caused this distress, disruption and difficulty.

As apologies go, this fell well short.

16. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

Hahaha GOLD <rofl>

17. simon_bhoy

simon_bhoy Well-Known Member

i am extremely sorry for the actions of one man (admittedly me) in sleeping with your wife

i accept that the individual concerned was wrong however in no way does that imply that i or anything associated with me have done anything wrong whatsoever

i agree that the individual concerned should be punished however it would not be in the interests of sporting integrity to punish or sanction me for the actions of my tadger

18. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

Bomber Brown spouting Leggo's blog almost word for word.

Celtic have barely said a word during any of this and Celtic were the single biggest losers over the EBT years of Rangers buying titles they could not afford. Now we have some ex-player with a clearly low IQ pandering to the masses by spewing the traditional 'No Surrender' rhetoric. If nothing else it's undiplomatic to throw such wild allegations around and it is surely unbecoming of someone trying to bestow the attributes of leadership upon himself.

If as it seems Brown has the backing of a majority, then it very much seems that they haven't learned a single lesson in humility over all this - your football club does not in any substantial way currently exist, this situation was brought about by a long history of people mismanaging your football club - this is no one else's fault.

This vicious snapping at the hands of everyone who goes near them now, including the likes of Green, mixed with the undiminished arrogance of assuming that we need or want them is exactly the reason that practically no one in Scottish football cares to go out of their way to help them.

19. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

Plus, they're scum.

20. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

How many times must Brown use the word "Surrender"?

This quite clearly shows the type of troglodyte Gers fans he is sucking up to, it's ****ing embarrasing. Get with the program Bomber, this is the 21st century and no one is scared of Rangers now.