1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An Exciting Future

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Champions of England, May 28, 2017.

1. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

This info is from LCFC, straight from the owners mouths and the information is 100% credible, it's happening whether you care to believe it or not. These aren't my wild plans and I think some of you need to understand this.

For anyone who is old, you may well remember a kid in Pen 2 on his own for years during the 80's before the Brian Little era and if you don't then where were you all those years? I missed three home games between 1980-1997 and I've never paid to go to a home game EVER and still don't because although I live in Australia, I have two free season tickets every year and have done since 2002 when the new stadium opened, I flew back for the last three games last season when people were paying stupid money for Everton tickets but not me. I'm a little more privileged than the majority and this is why I know more than everyone else, it's who you know hey.

2. Champions of England

I should say lucky more than privileged because I'm not privileged, I'm just lucky that someone very close to me is in a position of authority at the club and has been my entire life.

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

This is what I'm talking about. If you are so privileged to be privy to such info surely with that comes a responsibility to keep quiet until the owners announce things when all things are in order. You cant blame us for being skeptical when its just another poster going on about secret info. Its happened too many times before.

4. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

.... and I will keep my blind bullshit to myself you arrogant prick

5. Champions of England

I'm keeping my source quiet and with good reason but it doesn't mean it's not true and I've been vague with details. I know a lot more that I've not mentioned, like I know who owns the building and exactly what they plan to do but I'm not revealing that. I know where the new training ground is but again I'm not revealing that. I also know who the hotel will be franchised to and which restaurants and shops it will have. I know what they've done to get around the foundation issues but again I've not gone into detail about that either. I know what the issues are that are holding it up too and its nothing to do with the club, they are trying to move forward.

You can be as skeptical as you like, that's up to you but personally I'm interested in what's happening at our club and I thought others would be too. The main point of this is to highlight our owners ambitions and their desire to emulate City and Chelsea and if that doesn't excite you then there's something wrong about that!

6. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I call bullshit

'I know everything but can't say anything but oh wait here is everything but shhh I can't say anything'

I couldn't care less about these sorts of rumours

7. Champions of England

I'm not talking bullshit and if you actually understood the meaning of the word "arrogant", you would understand that it means overstating oneself and I certainly am not.

I did used to have my own pen at Filbo, did you? Where were you during the 80's? I was in Pen 2 all by myself for years and if you went down regularly and were at that end then you would know there was a kid in there every game and when Pen 3 sang "Pen 2 give us a song" that was me they were singing to.

I have never paid for a ticket and never will for a home game and I never have problems with away tickets either, I came back from Oz, went to Swansea picked up my ticket for United, saw us lift the trophy and was there at the Bridge before flying back. I have to pay for away tickets but I can get them easily for any game and I used to go home and away pretty much my whole life.

Now this isn't me being arrogant, it's stating fact which isn't overstating anything therefore not arrogance, just truth.

8. Champions of England

No worries well when planning permission is granted you'll find out for yourself!

Miserable the lot of you!

9. Champions of England

I find it funny that people believe rumours about our players going elsewhere for minimal fees because they've read it in the media but the media regularly reports bullshit on every topic not just football and we live our lives based on the bullshit they print!

I live in the real world and don't need media bullshit before I believe something and half the time I don't believe what's written in the media bexause it's mostly bullshit!

This isn't bullshit and eventually you'll get it in print so you can believe it.

10. Champions of England

But from now on instead of trying to have some exciting debate about the future of our club, I'll remember you're all miserable and won't bother!

11. Champions of England

But I'll leave this thought with you about our owners.

Their initial target was promotion in three years and third season we won the league. Target achieved.

Their second target was European football in five years from promotion and in the second year we won the league meaning third year we were in Europe. Target achieved.

Their next target is CL next season and the stadium expansion and then continue to build and become a regular top four/title contender within the next five and build up to 60k.

Given what they've already achieved and how ludicrous is was to think we would ever qualify for Europe, I'm struggling to comprehend why this is so hard to fathom? Our owners are extemely successful businessmen and their company and wealth has risen exponentially with the last few years and will continue to. Vichai is a smart man and at £3.7bn he's wealthy but a lot of people don't know that we have a Chinese investor who has always remained anonymous but has a lot more money than Vichai. This football club is loaded and only Roman and the Sheikh have more money than us.

So if they have the money and the desire, what's stopping them from achieving their targets and who would seriously bet against them? Not me that's for sure.

12. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

To be honest, this board has never been the busiest and in my view it's just good to have some debate!
    Everyone will have their own opinions but I'm not one to shoot the messenger or abuse a fellow foxes fan.
    I hope this is all true of course. No it's not easy to become a regular top club but it doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to do that as otherwise what are we all doing? In the meantime I just enjoy talking about the club and speculating on transfers etc

13. Champions of England

Nice one John, well I'll talk to you in future then ha ha

It's not going to be easy but with money, ambition and the desire to achieve, I'd put money on them achieving it too. Unlike City and Chelsea we're doing it the sensible way and building, it's a 10 year plan to get us to the top, it won't be overnight, a gradual progession as it has been over the last decade. I mean when you consider where we were in 2008 to go from there to win the PL, I just don't see how anything is unbelievable anymore?

It seems many are stuck in the past and will probably always see us as little old Leicester and can't believe we could ever be anything different but I was there too, when 13k was a big crowd, and I can see where we're heading and the yo-yo club we once were is history. Historically we might not have won much but history often re-writes itself and I'll put money on our future trophy haul being a lot more impressive now that we have ambitious owners with money they're wiling to spend.

Everything I've written is genuine and from an extremely credible source so allow yourself to get excited and dream about the future because CL football will be back in Leicester and regularly too

14. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I certainly hope everything you say is true and there is no denying the massive turnaround in our fortune since the current owners purchased the club. As an earlier poster mentioned every chairman, board and club has the same ambitions as us. Will the best players in Europe want to come here? I certainly hope so along with our best players staying. I guess with all the planning etc before building of new stands, shops and training grounds begins there is this transfer window. Surely that is where a statement of intent will be made. I cant wait.

15. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

You might be right but anyone who says 'i can't tell you anything but here's everything' and claims to have inside knowledge and use it to write on a forum like this i think is bullshit. Not in an aggressive way, I just struggle to believe it.

16. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Sorry, Champions, as much as you protest, you still come across as someone obsessed with your own importance, and yes, I would say arrogant - which my dictionary defines as: overbearing (tick), presumptuous (big tick), haughty (tick). Just because this message comes from you (who clearly believe you know exactly how things are pre-defined to work out in the future due to you having a fast track to an insider) doesn't mean things will happen as you have been convinced that they will. I am a big fan of the concept of positive thought, but it has to be tempered by realism otherwise you fall into the trap of just being naive and gullible. But please don't belittle people who aren't willing to blindly follow your predictions - that is real arrogance. Of course there will be sceptics. How could there not be after a century of lows and very few highs for our club, punctuated by a single season where all things worked in our favour. Look where our optimism of a year ago has got us today. You should be more careful about putting this so called hush-hush, confidential stuff out into the public. Is this what the owners wanted? I doubt it, otherwise they would have announced it themselves. Perhaps a more restrained approach, which is something you haven't shown so far, would be more appropriate.

If we don't make the Champions League next season then all your prediction falls apart. Why don't we all get together again on this forum in 12 months time and take a progress check? I'll put it in my diary.

17. Champions of England

You're accusing me of being arrogant while conveying information that I know to be 100% true. You're essentially calling me a bullshitter because you don't believe it. You're standing up there on your high-horse but do you think it's acceptable to call me a bullshitter just because you don't believe what I'm saying? I don't think it's acceptable behaviour in the slightest, it's disrespectful and if you don't think so then that says a lot about you and you wouldn't be someone I'd want to associate myself with. Fortunately I'm 13000 miles away. Whether you choose to believe it or not, what I've said came straight out the boardroom and that's a fact and whether you like or not, I don't care!

You're also flying off on a tangent here and rambling because you appear to be under the impression that these are my plans but they're not, they're our owners plans. If we don't achieve CL football next season then we'll most likely make the EL but if we don't then they'll just have to invest more to achieve their goal won't they, I'd have thought that would be staying the obvious but maybe not.

They have five years to achieve their next goal so how next season turns out is irrelevant in the scheme of the long term plan. You seem to be thinking this is a one season "give it all" and if it fails then it's all over but how short sighted is that? Don't you understand the concept of a "long-term plan"?

Equally, if they've still not got planning permission for the stadium extension then they'll just keep working at it until they do, they're not going to give up and put it in the too hard basket. If Raw Dykes Road has Roman ruins underneath as they fear then the work will be delayed until excavation works have been completed which could take months, in which case the work will halt until it's finished.

But yeah come back in a year and see where we are and I'd expect our summer transfers to reflect their ambitions of qualifying for Europe. If it's like the last two then I'd question why because we're not going to become a top club if we don't start acting like one in the market.

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Not sure how you expect people to react as you have been posting about getting free tickets being in the know and getting angry when people are questioning you mate.

If you are in the know, you probably shouldn't be posting anonymously on a public forum tbh...

Either way I hope you are right with the big plans for LCFC - lets see where we are at on 30 May 2018 :emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  19. Champions of England

I'm not getting angry at people questioning, I'm getting annoyed at being called a bullshitter and being called arrogant when all I've done is try to share some exciting information with you all.

I do get free tickets and the reason I said that is because I'm lucky and more fortunate than others and this is why I know more about certain things. I have to be selective on what I say but there's no harm in me telling people that they're looking to emulate City and Chelsea and it's not like it's a secret because a lot of people know about this because a lot of people were involved in the meeting on Wednesday.

Everyone knows of their desire to expand so me telling people that it's happening behind the scenes isn't leaking anything. I've remained quiet on all the things that I can't discuss but the whole point of this was to discuss our owners desires to emulate City and Chelsea and I've just got shot down for it.

I'm not bullshitting and I'm not arrogant, I'm just a simple bloke with some exciting info that I'm allowed to share because I'm not giving anything away that I'm not allowed to. I'm not allowed to discuss the location of the new training ground, all I can say is it's in the north of the county. I'm not allowed to discuss who the well known hotel group is going to be or the franchise restaurants and various other things because that's sensitive, sharing their desires isn't.

20. Champions of England

But you know what, I can't see what the point of me lying about this would be? I mean seriously why would I? If this was just bullshit, tell me in your opinion, what it is that you think I would get from creating an article to discuss our future based on lies? Why the **** would I do that? I'm confused so help me out here???