1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An Excellent Relegation.!!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by LiamO, May 25, 2016.

1. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

I don`t know if there is such a thing as an "excellent relegation", but if there is then it would look like this..
    "Clear the decks, get rid of the dead wood on the pitch and off and appoint a world class manager!! "

And we have just done that.!!

Warm Glow..... :emoticon-0137-clapp<cracker>

2. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

How can any relegation be excellent?
    You have gone down to a lesser league with no guarantee that you will come straight back up.
    The ideal position would be to have stayed up with rafa in charge and then clear the decks.
    warm glow my arse.....<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Zlash likes this.
  3. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Wrong my friend, you have no idea how bad we were run by Fatty and his Cabal and the transfer board. The reason it has gone on so long is that he wanted, FULL control of all signings, scouting, facilities etc. I will take the relegation on the chin, because we have got what we all wanted, a manager with clout. Relegation is fair price to pay to get that.

4. crumble bungle

If you had stayed up he would still have had the same bargaining powers as he had when you went down, either give me full control or i walk kind of threat.
    Sure MA would have gone for that as even he must see that rafa is probably the best signing Newcastle have made in recent years.
    To let him go would have been football suicide north of the Tyne, i think we would have enjoyed the panic and desperation though :emoticon-0100-smile

5. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I would rather be in the Championship with Rafa as boss then in the PL with Fat Sam!

In terms of players, development, rebuild, the Championship is what we need, if the premier league wasnt such a cash cow there would litterally be very little in terms of a downside. However Parachute Payments advancements in TV money for the Football league means that unlike 5-10 years ago, we dont have the risk of administration and complete disaster (Providing we go up at the first time of asking!)

Alot of younger players will be given time on the pitch, over paid deadwood can go and we can try and create a winning ethos within the club which has been severely missing for a good 10+ years

6. crumble bungle

Appreciate the parachute payments etc. and the fact that you lot are on a sound financial footing.
    But what happens if the bubble bursts and you don't get automatic promotion first time around?
    That is why i am saying it is better to be in the premier league now than in the championship.
    To say silly things like i would rather be in the championship with rafa than the premier league with Sam just goes to show how sad some of you lot are <doh>

7. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Think you are missing the point there. We were relegated, no ideals involved... what he is saying is - we've been relegated, we have kept one of the better managers around despite going down, we will get rid of most of the dead wood whereas had we stayed up a lot of them would have stayed on to pick up their pay packets.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  8. crumble bungle

Agree you have kept one of the best managers around at the club, and good luck to you but it doesn't mean that you will get rid of the dead wood.
    If a club comes in for them and the rewards are not greater than what they are getting at Newcastle then they wont go/might not go.
    We had and to a degree still have that at Sunderland, too many mercenaries after wealth and willing to sacrifice playing football to get it.

9. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't be daft man!

Deleted likes this.
  10. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Im not having a dig or anything, I just dont like Sam at all, not because of Sunderland, I hated him at Bolton, Blackburn, West Ham, I think he has been extremely lucky to get away with managing like a sterotypical 1980's manager. the reason for his appointment at any club is to try and keep them in the league, nothing more and nothing less, it's his speciallity. He has signed a few great players historically, notibly Jay-Jay Okocha, but if you look at a full history of his signings, there are some truely awful deals, especially for us! I think Sunderland will do alright next year but when I say alright, i mean 11-15 without a real threat of relegation, I really dont think you have a chance of breaking the top 10 with the amount of top teams there are like Man U, Man City, Chelsea, spurs, southampton liverpool everton arsenal leicester West Ham, youve got 10 teams there who could potntially be battling for a top four. Thats not including Stoke, swansea and Watford whom will also look to build. gonna be a very tough division next year.

Some deadwood will go, marveaux and obertan gone, others running out of contract. In terms of utter rubbish we are down to a handful like Rivierre, Goufran, Curtis Good, Sammy Ameobi, Vukic and gael Bigi. None of them are on massive wages and a couple of them would be acceptable to keep for a year as back up.

I for one am honestly excited for next season, Cant WAIT!

11. Zlash

Zlash Well-Known Member

I think if anyone can appreciate how a clueless owner is risking your club and his business by sticking to a clearly malfunctioning structure, it's Sunderland fans.
    We made our change mid-season by scrapping the director of football model and giving control back to the manager. Your lot are doing exactly that now.

wow. your bias and idiocy knows no bounds, does it? i hope you have a guardian to make major decisions for you.

fredor and Deleted like this.
  12. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

People like Sissoko, De Jong, Cisse, Janmatt, Cabella, Thauvin etc etc already on their way out, released Marveux and Obertan. If you ask any fan that is more than we could have dreamed of 6 months ago.

It's just a case of getting rid of 10 or so wasters/overpaid, under-performing players and replacing them with battlers and young players with potential who could use a season in the Championship - look at Armstrong - could have made a few appearances had we stayed up but he will be a big part of the squad next year.

13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I'm not sure any relegation is excellent so to speak. Nor is it the end of the world like some seem to have been brainwashed into thinking. You fall out of the PL, your club continues. "But but but the money..." is the cry. So ****.

All this if we had stayed up ****e from the mackems is exactly that, ****e. We didn't stay up and were relegated. There is no if or but. I'd find it hard to believe that many of them were bitter that things are going as well as can be expected after dropping down a division, but it does seem like that at times. Which would be weird given they survived. Perhaps its because of the Rafa fact which is Benitez>Allardyce :biggrin: They know it and we do too.

Our problem with getting rid of mercenaries is difficult. However with full control over footballing matters and transfer matters, things will be as good as they can be at any club. Every club always has one or two they'd want rid of. The good thing many of those types will want to go, they'll want to be in the PL or another top league. Some will stay to pick up the money but lets not forget we have a good few we can just release.

One thing for sure is regardless what the mackems or any other clubs supporter thinks, the best situation most Newcastle fans could see was Benitez staying. He has a fine track record and something has clicked. Who gives a **** what the naysayers think, that would be massive for the club.

Has he actually signed though or is still just Sky's notoriously unreliable sources <laugh> I still think it won't happen.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  14. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

As above, all we're saying is that in relegation we currently have the best circumstances to be relegated with.

However, I do concur with the opinion above - I'd rather be in this league with Rafa, than the PL with Fat Sam.

Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.
  15. crumble bungle

I can appreciate the "excitement" for the coming season because in theory you should win a hell of a lot more games than you draw or lose.
    As regards Sam, he was the right manager at the right time and we will see how next year goes. If he is as successful in the transfer market this time as he was in December i think we will have a good season next year, and by that i am hoping for mid table mediocrity, with a good cup run chucked in for good measure.
    It would be nice for both North east teams to have some stability for a change rather than chopping and changing managers every year.
    Good luck in the Championship as i would like to see you back in the premiership, but maybe not next year :emoticon-0110-tongu

16. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

looks like none of the big clubs came in for him <laugh>

Lets just say that manuel doesn't do the business in the championship would you be happier with Rafa in the first division than Sam in the Prem? <whistle>

17. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Nothing daft about it. We just think we have a better chance of being in the Premiership in the 2017 -18 season (and after) than you do.

Care to place a fiver on respective league position come 30 May 2018 ? I'll put it in my Outlook so we don't forget.

18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Be careful what you wish for as we at SAFC were all delighted when Advocaat took the job at SAFC and he wasn't prepared or able to handle the pressures of a struggle due to his previous experiences. Rafa's experiences are (OK on a higher level) but similar in their guise. If things start going wrong he may not know how to get things put right

As for it being an "excellent relegation" - what utter garbage! No such thing

19. crumble bungle

Again the ideal scenario would be....To be in the premiership with Rafa.
    Cant believe you lot would rather be playing championship football with your God rather than playing teams in the premiership, hey ho, each to their own i suppose.

20. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I would 100% rather be in the Championship with Rafa than the PL with Fat Sam. I'd rather be in the Northern League with Rafa than PL with Fat Sam. I said this as soon as they signed him. He has done well for them and he seems a good fit. That doesn't mean that would apply with us. Indeed we know it does not because we have the evidence having had him as manager. I have never known so many loyal Newcastle fans be so close to jacking it in as when he was here. 60 yard bombs to martins and Owen - it was a disgrace. He was taking us down too.

He was a terrible fit for this football club. His style of football was and still is horrific. He hasn't suddenly changed his way at Sunderland. He is still a long ball merchant and many of their fans were saying as much on these boards in the run in. West Ham got shot for a reason.

In the main Sunderland fans seem less bothered about what they are watching as long as they are getting the results. Perhaps its like many of my mackem mates say, they are just sick of relegation battles which is fair enough. Personally I'd rather be in League 2 enjoying watching football than just keeping our heads above water in the PL. I just don't think the PL is all that. I know many of our fans on these boards disagreed with me last season and this season when I said it, but to me I just want to enjoy my Saturday. Football is football to me, whatever league its in. Watching Sams aerial bombardment is not football to me.

You can't knock it though, they are happy with him. It doesn't matter. And likewise with Rafa for us. Horses for courses and all that.

Deleted, LiamO and Toon_Man_Sam1 like this.