1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An Evening With Acun...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Free membership for your daughter

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  2. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Typical female ‘ there’d be no wars if women ran countries’ sit on the fence see good in everyone- life’s not like that unfortunately - kick em out / FC not women!!LOL

steverico likes this.
  3. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Senior Tiger. Already only paying £19.50 a month. How much cheaper would she expect it to be ?
    Not keen on this free holiday idea for the chosen 500. Cannot see what benefit it would bring except boost up Acun's already considerable social media presence in his home country. It's riddled with potential problems. I like the sentiment behind the idea as I liked Nick Barmbys vision of seeing the kids in Hull and the ER wearing City shirts and not the kit of the usual PL suspects.
    For me a far lasting approach if Acun wants to throw a bit of cash the fans way and build up a feel good factor on the back of it would be to give every kid in every school in Hull under a certain age a free City shirt. He said he is looking at getting the replica shirts made in house and I believe he owns the Kappa brand. It would tie in nicely and not cost a fraction of flying 500 people to Turkey for five days on a freebie.
    If not a free shirt how about free tickets ?
    I'm talking kids here, not freebies for people who spend £20 in the pub watching City on the telly.

4. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

I could excuse Rob Palmer trying to explain the rugby differences because the question from that old bat threw Acun a bit so he tried to explain, but he went on a bit, and that’s what’s annoyed us, **** FC and **** their **** fans I say, they don’t care for their club and that’s why they are 30% down on memberships, they would rather watch games in the pub 5 mins walk from the stadium than pay to go in.

5. steverico

I will have your place Ulrika, ha,

Howdentiger2 and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  6. steverico

Oh and that bloke asking a question telling us all he has had a pass since 1966, so what, that’s because your ancient you ****, youre no better supporter than the young kid sat behind me who asked the best question of the night regarding Shota, and he was only 15 I think.

7. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

The Yorkshire and Humberside Cup featured them and the others from our county.

Actually, I think that's the only silverware I've ever seen us win (unless you count the Play Off trophy)

Steven Toast likes this.
  8. Tickton Tiger.

Seriously Ricco you and I know plenty of City fans who would gladly pay to follow City if they went to Turkey in pre season. They would spread the Hull City gospel there and it would not cost the club a penny.

rovertiger, TwoWrights and steverico like this.
  9. steverico

2 play off trophy’s, did you miss one?

10. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

A 5 hour flight with one of the Facebook fans forum would be enough for me to jump out

11. Leon T Trout AFC

Love the Turkey idea in principle, lovely gesture, but can't help fear that the good folk who go on it will embarrass the **** out of the city and City

12. steverico

I’m working on that one with our lass as I’m typing this, We keep seeing ads for Turkey on tv and I say, oh doesn’t it look nice, we should go there, I’ve never been, obvs I don’t want her to go to watch City, but still.

13. Leon T Trout AFC

Don't wanna go all Castro on your anus but my post can still can mean that I've seen that trophy won more than once.

steverico likes this.
  14. Tickton Tiger.

One of our clan is there right now and he flies back at 3.00 am in morning in time to catch the train to Boro with us tomorrow. That's the type of fan you want representing the club abroad.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  15. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

The idea of taking a primarily working class city on a free 5 star holiday to I presume watch their team play in a foreign country is a brilliant idea on face value but as Leon is saying it’s more the people who’ll go. To be fair if it’s mainly people who’ve been to every game this season I can’t help but feel they deserve it after the **** show that’s been served up<laugh>

16. steverico

You can guarantee that non of us like minded fans on here will get a chance of going, it will be all those OSC types that will get picked, like that old bat banging on about FC, the club cannot keep information due to data protection on past history of fans details so how they will pick who have been going to more games is bollocks.

And anyway, would I want to spend 5 days with ****s like that? And it doesn’t seem fair on the few thousand of us that have supported the club through thin and thinner to miss out. Because we all know who it will be, sponsors, box holders, posh seat holders, OSC old ****s, and staff, which will leave about 100 for us plebs.

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Just got my flight tickets and hotel details through from Acun

Anyone want to be my wife that week?…:bandit:<cheers>

18. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

An embarrassment?? Surely not, 500 City of culture ambassadors, on an all inclusive freebie in Turkey, making headline news with this unique initiative......what could possibly go wrong?!

I’ll apologise in advance.

Just hope it’s not one of them scam things when they get you holed up in a hotel, ply you with booze, take your passport off you, and try & sell a time share!

Kid Keo likes this.
  19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Would all those from Hull that went to the zoo whilst in Turkey, please raise their hand.

please log in to view this image

20. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Bit snobby?
    I’m sure he knows what 500 football fans from any team will be like together on holiday