1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Amari'i Bell

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by WINDYROG, May 21, 2015.

1. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Signed for Fleetwood......thoughts?

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

There are a few replacements that we'll need to strengthen the team as a whole -and that is before we might not be able to 'keep' players like Marquis - which will make the search more difficult.
    A lot of players in the Football League will be out of contract at the end of May. I'm not sure that we'll be paying any money for new players. I expect a few freebies, topped up by loans. This appears to have been our main strategy over the last couple of years - and probably makes sense, given the lack of 'real' money for transfers.

If we can retain the majority of the players and somehow manage to find a bargain ( or use JE's Spurs connection to assist their academy ) we should be able to challenge for a top six spot ---- the points we got in the second half of last season was top 6 level --- it was a pity that we were wasted by Peter Taylor's negativity in the first 20 odd games.

I hope that we can keep Dack - but he needs to learn the art of tackling - not lunging - because any thought of challenging the top 6 places - using his ever improving expertise (other than tackling), will be tested if he is suspended. Last season he got unnecessary cards for lunging - and was very lucky not to have received a 'few' red cards.

3. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

To be honest I'm not overly fussed regarding Bell not coming to us, I'd rather have Chiksen (spelling?) or Harmston as they showed a lot more pace. I see Hewitt has been released from Ipswich, I though he was more capable as a RM so wouldn't be overly keen on him.

As Always said, the spurs academy may be a place to look, with the likes of Rose, Walker, Davies and Yedlin in front of them, there isn't much room for youth. We had Charlie Daniels (now prem with Bournemouth) and Barch from them the last time we made use of that connection.

4. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

thought Edinburugh wanted to sign him but did not play him for last couple of games so it seems bell went elsewhere.

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Garmston was the best overall out of the loans for that position we had. He certainly had the ability to make things happen. A season long loan for him would be a wise choice. I'm not fussed by what I saw from Bell, seemed to leave a gap fairly often when he couldn't be bother to track back.