1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alvaro Morata In?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Oslo, Jun 20, 2012.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

[h=1]Newcastle, Liverpool and QPR weigh up moves for Real Madrid teen[/h]
    please log in to view this image

By Jamie Sanderson | Wednesday, June 20, 2012

please log in to view this image

Newcastle, Liverpool and QPR are all weighing up a move for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, after he was offered around Premier League clubs.
    The 19-year-old has been given permission to quit the Bernabeu after failing to break into Jose Mourinho's first-team squad, making just one appearance in each of the last two seasons.
    A strong, powerful and energetic striker, Morata has fared better for Madrid's B team, known as Real Madrid Castilla, scoring 17 times last term, and attracting interest from Wigan.
    Latics manager Roberto Martinez was keen on a £1million swoop in January, but Madrid pulled the plug on the transfer, with Morata still hopeful of forcing his way into Mourinho's plans.
    However, minutes failed to materlise in the closing stages of the season, and the Spanish Under-19 regular has now asked his agent to offer him around English clubs.
    Newcastle and Liverpool have expressed an interest, but must do battle with big-spending QPR, who are reportedly ready to offer Morata wages of around £30,000-a-week, to tempt him to London.
    Morata is expected to decide on his future next month.

2. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Sounds promising.

Which of our freebies warrants the tag of big spending?

3. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

All of their wages probably.

He speaks English already and is a 6ft 3 target man with 32 goals in 65 app in the 2nd division. 11 goals in 13 games for Spain u21s.
    Now this is more like it. Barca were after him too and he is one of the highest rated prospects from Real in recent years.

For only £1m, well worth a gamble.

4. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

5. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

This was a failed experiment in the past. Pajero anyone?

6. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

What a complete load of rubbish

7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

maybe we should wait untill he's 30 eh flyer<laugh>

8. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Parejo failed because the other players were nowhere near his level, hed been taught to pass and move and the others just lumped it. Parejo would be a success now with Faulin or Diakite in the middle with him.

9. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

There are four words missing.

Fed up with all this agent bull**** that journalists report as fact.

10. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Be reasonable Dave. Of the 84 names on the transfer speculation thread, 2 have actually joined, that's an accuracy rate of more than 2%! The law of averages says that eventually one or more of these guesses will, by some fluke, be right, just as it says that not every drummer in Spinal Tap will die in bizarre gardening accidents or through spontaneous combustion.
    As I don't follow second division Spanish football, I have never heard of this bloke.
    Journos, doncha just luv 'em!!!!

11. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Doubt this will come off but we need some young blood so Nelsen etc can past down there knowledge <whistle>

12. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Me thinks that there will be one or two signings from left field. Why not this?

13. QPR17

QPR17 Member

For once your right about something flyer

14. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

He was too light weight and not mature enough for English football. Couldn't handle the physical side of the game at all.

15. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

You are right of course i shouldn't dismiss anything in this world ... I am sure a saw a Fox shagging a cat this morning ... I loved it when Diakite was first mentioned last season ... there was a long pause, a load of rubbish as everyone tried looking for him in ACN, He then got sent off and he was rubbish again before coming the Patrick Vieira all in about 8 weeks ... he then got Aids and no one knows anything else ... what a journey but again I agree i should embrace it as two years ago we were just about to sign Leon Clarke

16. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I agree. There was something pedigree and classy about him at times, but there was a resilience and consistency missing. It doesn't sound as though he's setting the world alight at Valencia. Whereas Faurlin impressed, particularly in his ball distribution, right from the off

17. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Yep, been there, done that. If Madrid thought there was any possibility of him blossoming into a star they would loan him out rather than sell him.

18. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

I like the sound of this, with one bloody big reservation.

30k per week for an untried youngster....? No thank you. Even at 10k, unless he was an established youngster, I'd still feel uncomfortable.

19. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

That doesnt make a lot of sense to me, Real have got rid of many world class players.

Real have some of the top strikers in the world. This guy might not make it in their team but what if he turned out to be another Drogba (without the diving an cheating)

20. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Totally agree,

this is the type of player we should be loking to bring in to complement our older players. Only need 1 or 2 like this.
    If this guy has made it at real's reserve team, I'll bet he turn into a decent player somewhere else.

Would happily take a gamble on this. playing alongside Faurlin with diakite as the enforcer...sounds lie a great plan to me !