1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alright guys

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Swords Hoopster, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Had a wee bit of an enforced sabbatical there lads. Computer blew up in my face just before Xmas and have only just managed to buy a new one and get it up and running. What a time to go missing though, eh?!!

New Manager, new players etc. Its a pity North is gone. Any other changes since I've been away? I've missed the banter lads, its great to be back! :1980_boogie_down:

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Ha ha, welcome back swords, we all thought you defected.
    There's been threads and all sorts been posted as to your abscence.
    Welcome back mate!

PS TBGWTDT has left us, he said goodbye and just went.

3. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Ye aul cont yeh...

Dont believe the computer excuse (type me a £ sign!). Rumour had it you was away will some bird in the west of Ireland. Tell the truth ffs!!

Seriously though. Great to hear from you again mate. Place hasn't been the same without your grizzlin and grouchin!

PS - get posting. Can't wait to mod ya just for the sake of it!!

4. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Welcome back swords, you've been missed. What do you think about rangers mark 3?

5. Swords Hoopster

Ye rumbled me Brix! Turns out she was a Lady Boy and took me for everything I had; including my LapTop.

Woody, I was sad to see COLIN go. I thought he would have turned things around but that's the harsh World of modern football. Hughton and Di Matteo brought Newkie and W Brom up yet got sacked last season and it turned out to be the right move for both Clubs so hopefully that'll be the case for us too.

Played well at Newcastle, poor v MK Dons, well v Wigan and poor v Chelsea although we were robbed by the Ref. Tony and Amit have backed both Managers really well in the Markets and we can't ask for any more from our owners I think.

Hows Goldie gettin' on as a Mod?

6. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Brilliant. He'll have your bollocks soon as look at ya!

No, we got really lucky with him agreeing to take it on. Seamless transition and sound judgement. Picked stuff up a lot quicker than I did too. I had the ever present Northolt to hide behind, Goldie hasn't had that luxury. Suits the board admirably imo; not a word of concern from anyone.

7. Swords Hoopster

Great stuff Brix, fair play to Goldie. Are you still in contact with North? Has he joined another board?

I believe Oddball has departed too. Any reason for this?

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

welcome back swords
    northys gone to qprreport
    although i am still hoping he is hiding among the numerous newbies who have joined lately

9. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Swords

You're going to LOVEEEEEEEEEEE some of the new members here. Couple of great new posters but one or two who are prone to a wee bit of verbal diarrhea. Really liked NW and all he did for our club. he will be remembered as a true Hoops legend by all true QPR fans. Unfortunately he started to show that he was out of his depth at this level and we were slowly and painfully sliding towards the Championship under his management. Rumours of discontent in the dressing room would not go away, but IMO they were only rumours. Our new acquisitions look mobile, strong and powerful. Am concerned about Taiwo. Somebody showed a vidoe on here of his shooting ability, but nobody else asked the question "can he defend". After all he is a defender. His positional play was poor last night and i expected him to be bombing up the wing at every chance. IMO with him and Traore on our left we may be great going forward but dodgy as hell at the back. MH seems to have made us more resilient. I think we have enough about us now to stay up.

Thought Keane was magnificent last night. He pulled the strings and we simply could not contain him. His movement was top class. Really looking forward to the European Champs although we have a very strong group. Will be home for the start of the Prem season later this year. Was thinking of getting a few irish lads together and getting a season ticket between 2-3 of us. Hope to travel over quite a bit later in the year but getting tickets would be the big problem

10. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Swords!!!! Just how long does it take to get a new computer in Ireland?

Nice to have you back mate, now what is your take on Buzsaky's renaissance?

11. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Roller, there is a bad recession in Ireland now, can't afford to buy anything other than Guinness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

and whenever there is a computer sale you have to queue up with 20000 eastern europeans.
    all sold out by the time he gets to the front

13. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Swords, welcome back. Your bluntness has been missed.

14. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Glad youre back Swordster. I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on Buzz currently being our most creative player!

15. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

It's like a horror film the return of....I always thought Swords was a tosser :emoticon-0172-mooni Welcome back.

16. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

that's one way of putting it
    Great to have ye back on board

17. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

I haven't heard that in such a long time
    You must have been hanging out with some right skangers Brix
    That's pure 50's - 60's Dublinese

18. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Fantastic to hear from you, Swords! We've just finished a wake in your honour, thinking you'd left us for another site.

Great shame about Northolt. Still hoping that once the dust is settled, he'll come back. Things move on and we have good members joining all the time.

Looking forward to your future contributions to add to the mix.

19. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

20. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Welcome back Swords, hope you have stockpiled enough peat to keep the laptop going this time.....

Oddball/DT went to Mexico from where he posted a series of increasingly deranged but oddly prescient notes. I think he went wild on mescalin and now works as a mule for the cartels. Northolt tapped him up for some other site, but with your return I suspect he may be back. Hope so I miss his consistency, still banging on about 8th place when we hit third from bottom.....