1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

All EFL Games Cancelled

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 13, 2020.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Christ this is worrying me, as it is I am sure all of us but blaming other nation states or nationalities is surely something to debate at a later time, we have all got a common problem and should help and cooperate with each other to surmount this deadly threat because that is what it is, we all know what a pandemic is, most nations have suffered killer viruses in past history but this is a new one, we don't know it, we don't know the course it will follow or when it will end but we can indentify it and with collaboration of other nation we can overcome it but unfortunately it will take time.

We can only deal with the cards we are dealt locally, that means we have to trust and believe our own government, experts and health officials, I and most other people of our nation will follow all the advice our leaders offer us, I will do my upmost to cooperate with all people in our communities, help where ever I can so that all of our friends, neighbours and families survive, which I hope all of us do.

ROD, I also lost my my own beautiful mother with the disease, it is tough and as has been said try to stay strong mate.

BCFCRob and oneforthebristolcity like this.
  2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

This season should be played out - whenever games can start again ,promotion and relegation decided as normal .
    Next season then to be changed to accommodate the circumstances as they are at the time. Hopefully next season will just start a bit later and mean more midweek games, but at least then we’ll know what we are dealing with.

Simples

Red Robin likes this.
  3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Play games behind closed doors are the only way for the next 2 weeks. Some players will, of course, be likely to contract this virus, same as any other, that is why they have big squads. Self Isolate anyone known to have and the rest crack on. Players will be sat around know, possibly not training, then be expected to catchup the games in short order, potentially leading to more injuries.

Cancel all European club cup competitions and concentrate on completing the domestic leagues.

AshtonRed likes this.
  4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

They could I suppose double the points tally from the clubs first meetings, rather than cancel the season.
    Be bad for us but that way they can say it’s some sort of fairness.

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WHY DID IT kill 140k … well some twat came up with an idea a few years ago … that the injection given since the 60's was dangerous so 100's of thousands didn't bother to go with the injections routinely given to their children …. and the natural resistance was gone [ inherited from mother mostly ] or the measles you got back in the 50's had already got "seeds" of immunity in the body [ children] as a child we had measles -german measles - chicken pox I cannot remember if back in the 50's we had an injection? might have done... Tetanus was another thing as kids we used to be injected for … that was a hated expectation- So its not a shame that they didn't have the information in 2018 they did BUT the wrong information . since that twats findings were found to be total crap and he was made to look like one people are beginning to re inoculate.
    if they find a new vaccine soon for Covid 19 lets hope some erjit doesn't say " if you have the injection you are going to finish up needing to pee once a day extra" and not have it .. thus risking death or one of 140k …..

6. johngalleyfan2

totally concur and on a couple of different forums have made the same stance …. it originated in China because of their historically disgusting way of prepping food etc … so you cant blame them just try and educate them... you can put a portion of blame on their GOV... for the first days ..ignoring the scientist and not following it up … but they could see the massive consequence after the horse had bolted and reinforced the fence around the field … 40,000 medical staff and a lot of thousands of bed spaces. It got out because when it escalated in Wanhu PEOPLE FLED THE AREA ..
    I was chatting with my grand children and friends today .. I started off when they knocked on the door … before you come in you have to answer some questions .. started with have come from Italy in the past week … then do you know anyone who has … a tirade of answers followed wash hands don't kiss boys etc etc etc they were well clued up [ ages 7 to 12 ]..

7. johngalleyfan2

ROD hold in there regarding your dad mine was 59 when it got him in the 60's no real cures then --- or treatment

8. RedorDead

Saw this yesterday, you choose your song and download the poster for people to sing when washing their hands.

https://washyourlyrics.com/

9. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

They are now saying the peak here may be within the next 2 weeks and non essential travel and avoiding pubs, clubs and restaurants has been urged

10. johngalleyfan2

it is all guess work, we have seen from the other countries how the spread speed etc varies.. it could be we have a steady rise to a peak that lingers for longer, always promising to be the peak but rises just a little after a series of plateau's.

11. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I keep seeing the peak is 1 -3 months away. God I hope it's 2 weeks, not sure I can see it though considering we're 3 weeks behind Italy.

12. johngalleyfan2

our model is being based on London and the stratedegy being employed ….

13. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Interesting from Bill Gates

14. oneforthebristolcity

Do you still stand by your views on this OS? Of course it's absolute rubbish as we will soon find ourselves in a similar position to them just a few weeks ago..So bloody sad that nearly 5000 have lost their lives to this dreadful virus.......we really do need to take note of what we are witnessing and are being told.....Plenty around in complete denial that it won't happen here...

15. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's not a debate I wish to dwell on, but it's a discussion that's all. AN16 initially slating China for starting it (correct), and I've expressed my opinons about Italy being slow to act to prevent the spread of it (also correct). If others disagree then that's fair enough, I haven't got a problem with that though you seem to have one.

Recriminations will solve nothing, but you're confusing sympathy for the horrendous personal losses suffered with discussing the manner and reasons for its' spread. Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing, but we're talking about "foresight" here. Preventing a global breakout was not Italy's fault, but the "escape" from the initial cluster cases identified there was a major factor in its' evolution since.

Whilst it would never have totally prevented it, better coordinated and enforced action with the initial cluster cases in Lombardy and the Veneto could have mitigated the spread, particularly in Europe. All countries make mistakes along the way but this was a big one.

Central or regional governments can issue as many edicts as they like, but there's an inherent mistrust of local politicians in Italy to the extent that the policing of the measures were ineffective in the early stages. The massive consequences and lockdowns since has brought it home, but by that time the genie was out of the bottle. What's happened since is tragic to say the least.

16. RedorDead

17. oneforthebristolcity

And we are going to be so much better at it are we? even though we have watched Italy and are 3 weeks behind....I think you'll find we are very close to cases compared to them at the same stage.....It's a load of waffle mate and although I do appreciate the Italian government has been very corrupt in the past, I'm not sure they should brunt the blame for the spread.....I hope our handling of the situation is effective with lessons learned from the Italians. I've seen photos on Facebook today showing beaches like WSM being really busy, I'm not sure these measures are going to work!!
    NB. Are you aware that Italy has one of the largest population of Chinese residents in the whole of Europe.....I imagine that's another reason why it spread so quick..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  18. RedorDead

On coarse with Italy’s figures, but Spain is looking at being the fastest growing.
    Once the health cares reach capacity the death rate will take off due to less care. We’ve got something like 7 ICU beds to Italy’s 12 and their better beds are in the North Italy

DBDF71F6-E055-4823-ABB9-8ACD887F7803.jpeg

19. oneforthebristolcity

please log in to view this image

And Italy have been criticised for allowing the spread <doh> and not acting sooner :emoticon-0121-angry The above photo taken today

20. johngalleyfan2

Should have been at TESCO'S bRIZ … Q went from doors to the garage every trolley was in use apparently …. before they opened the doors