1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alfie Mawson

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by trundles left foot, Jun 16, 2017.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Edit : I was right , Fer scored 6 goals in the last 18 games he played at QPR in the Premier , He was also named MOTM 4 games in a row with Norwich in the Premier and 5 MOTM awards when playing for QPR in the Premier

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

And when he was dropped, we went on a winning run.

3. seabreeze

He played every game I think , from April 2 on , 9 games . And our winning streak had to do with little Leon more than anything . 70 goals we gave up this past season , 2nd worse in the Premier . And if not for the insertion of Britton the last 5 games ( only giving up 2 goals ) ... it could have been worse . And our CB's , as a last line of defence , have to take the majority of blame IMO

4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Leon was playing because Fer was dropped.

5. seabreeze

When Britton was brought in with 5 games remaining , Clement platooned Fer and Ki the rest of the way . I think from the Liverpool game to the Burnley game , Fer played attacking midfielder and we won 4 of 6 games . I could be wrong but I don't think so . Clement knows he can put Fer in Siggy's spot if Siggy goes , I'm sure he would rather keep Siggy .. but

6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

This one is for you @trundles left foot <laugh>

trundles left foot likes this.
  7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Lets put this right...Fer is one of the decent players we have acquired in recent times...Right sorted.....
    We only have one decent defender who is not fully matured yet (Mawson) and one old hand coming to the end of his career (Rangel) and as for the rest then they would be lucky to get in a league 1 or 2 side. We are simply lacking big time at the back since we lost Ash......We have not improved we have gone backwards and you can see why we are favorites to go down this season......The idea of us being one of the safer clubs has withered away to nothing......Yes we know Jenkins sold us down the river and no amount of saying sorry has cut it with many fans.....We think we have a good manager but we dont know for absolute sure yet because he talked a lot about strengthening especially in defense and a few quality names were mentioned when he came here but as it stands there has been no quality only lower league bargain basement signings. This to me stinks of Jenkins and nothing will convince me otherwise and because of that then i agree with everyone who thinks we will have a bad season and firm favorites to be relegated...

8. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

Leon played because of an injury to Jack Cork at West Ham, our fans were pushing for our number 7 to play for weeks but Clement didn't realise his worth until forced into it. Fer was used in a sub role as an attacking midfielder in those last five games if I remember rightly.

seabreeze and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  9. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Mawson is gaining the same status as Jonjo ... can do no wrong.
    He's a good prospect, tidy player with some strong points and, by all accounts a decent bloke. But let's not elevate his status to silly levels because he's got a long way to go in terms of football development.

seabreeze likes this.
  10. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I don't get this because Jonjo received a lot of criticism and he was certainly not my favourite player by a long way because of his bad attitude.

trundles left foot likes this.

11. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone thinks that has developing to do, but when you see a young player, come from the Championship, improve in the PL, then win caps for England u21's at the end of a good season. Should we not get a little bit excited at what we potentially have, the guy had an excellent season and will IMO continue to improve and I am glad he is at Swansea City rather than other clubs around us. So no one has elevated him to silly levels but people rightly are excited at how good he can be.