1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Angry_Physics

Angry_Physics Well-Known Member

<laugh>

2. saintKlopp

We'd be playing five-a -side if we only got players you liked.

3. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Oxocube has always had patches of good form but he was far too inconsistent, particularly in front of goal where his end product was overall pretty crap.

He'd run past three players and then ping the ball out of the stadium instead of make a simple pass.

I think he'll need a season or two at Liverpool to see if he actually improves or is just showing more of the same he did for Arsenal.

Personally I was pleased we sold him and shocked how much we got for him. He can be very frustrating to watch.

Angry_Physics likes this.
  4. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I think he just suits our style more tbh. Arsenal although they play great football can over do it at times and look to pass it in. Whereas at Liverpool Chamberlain just gets to go all out and if he loses the ball Klopp expects him to get it back asap and when you do go forward with it again.

5. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

You're basing your view on him as an Arsenal player, playing with Arsenal players under the management/ tactics of the Arsenal manager.
    He plays with different players under a different manager using a different system for us and he's fitting in well and improving as he gets more game time.
    He scored 9 for Arsenal in over 130 games, he's scored 3 for us in 20 games, improvement?

I'm pleased that you're pleased Arsenal sold him because I'm pleased Liverpool bought him.:emoticon-0105-wink:

Oh, and with regards to the fee, football is overinflated at the moment as you know and the fee LFC paid for him fits in with that, if we qualify for the CL this season his fee will amount to no more than a spit in the ocean.:emoticon-0100-smile

6. moreinjuredthanowen

he's got a coach who actually coaches now and he' at a club where it actually matters <ok>

however that said... his decision making is lacking you are right. if we can fix that like we've brought on his maturity and his fitness he's a bargain.

Basically wenger is a whit coach <ok>

7. Angry_Physics

You nailed it pretty much, hoping either he is getting into his prime soon or Klopp can fix him, I do like him in the middle though, his strength and pace are as good for pressing as they are for breaking from midfield

afcftw likes this.
  8. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

He is already better than pass it sideways Henderson

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  9. Page_Moss_Kopite

Morning Sisu.:emoticon-0105-wink:

<whistle>

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I appreciate the points raised but last season with Arsenal was his best so far having been moved to WB. And while he had an important contribution he remained inconsistent and frustrating.

So far he has 3 goals, 3 assists in 23 league apps and 4 and 4 in 30 overall apps for Liverpool this season.

He got 2 goals and 7 assists in 29 league apps and 6 and 11 in 45 overall apps for us last season.

So if he gets similar goals and assists for you guys (as he has so far this season) up to the same apps as he got last season he would have slightly more league goals but less assists, the same number of goals overall and less assists overall.

So I'd hardly say he has massively improved. Like I said he is very capable of having good form and has some good attributes but he will need to improve his end product to become the player you want him to be. So I still think it's too early to say whether he will improve or tread water at Liverpool.

11. Angry_Physics

He's 24, and probably coming into his prime now, it all depend on how Klopp develops him now. He has ability, so does he have the drive to improve and can Klopp make him a better player.. those are the questions we have to wait on answers for

afcftw likes this.
  12. Angry_Physics

Seems that of all the names thrown at me, that is the one that seems to be sticking (with some)
    Did you miss this Sisu? I hear he was quite the lunatic

13. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I miss sisu - there was always some interesting threads to read when he was around <laugh>

Skylarker, Bumps and johnsonsbaby like this.
  14. Angry_Physics

opinion seems to be split, from some back reading, many really didn't seem to like him at all

15. Page_Moss_Kopite

Sisu was okay, he had his own wacky personality/traits but was a big part of this board whether others liked him or not.

I don't think you are him tbh because you haven't mentioned aliens or starships.:emoticon-0100-smile

And I don't think you're UIR or KPR because one couldn't post a comment without mentioning Ferguson and the other couldn't keep his references to a certain tragic event under his hat for more than 2 or 3 posts.

If you ain't going to spill the beans on your past username sound.<grr>

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I'm pretty sure Kloppers reckons he can <ok>

17. Angry_Physics

Done wonders with Firmino since he arrived. Made Cout better too.

18. saintKlopp

Just dangle a conspiracy at him. If it was Sis he'd never be able to resist going for it. :)

19. Angry_Physics

This is scientifically accurate, confidence interval 95% :bandit:

good kop red kop and saintKlopp like this.
  20. LuisDiazgamechanger

5h ago
    'Oxlade-Chamberlain is not someone you want to come up against'
    Chris Shaw @shawct

A big character, a brave person, and not a player you want to come up against – Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has not needed long to make an impression at Liverpool.

In a new series on Liverpoolfc.com, Joe Gomez talks us through the individuals that have helped to make Jürgen Klopp’s side one of the most prolific in the Premier League and Europe.

Part two turns the spotlight on Oxlade-Chamberlain, and specifically how the No.21 has used his infectious personality to positively influence a squad with major ambitions this season…

The 24-year-old made the bold move from Arsenal to Anfield on transfer deadline day last summer to join Klopp’s project ahead of what should be the peak years of his career.

He had to be patient at the beginning but with each appearance Reds fans have been afforded more frequent glimpses of the athleticism and nous that the former Southampton prodigy can provide to the team.

Six starts in the past nine games have given Oxlade-Chamberlain the platform to shine – and he repaid Klopp’s faith with his best performance to date in the 4-3 triumph over Manchester City last Sunday.

“He has integrated very well – a lot of the lads know him well from England and so on. He is a big character and a positive one within the team,” says Gomez.

His ninth-minute opener against the Premier League leaders set the tone for a determined Liverpool display at Anfield.

Deployed in a more traditional midfield role behind the front three, Oxlade-Chamberlain used his power and pace to surge into a patch of space at the edge of the City area and send a low, diagonal finish beyond the reach of Ederson.

His vision and touch later released Roberto Firmino to restore the Reds’ lead, while the manner in which he pressed and perturbed the opposition was straight from the Klopp playbook.

please log in to view this image
    Play Now

Watch: Oxlade-Chamberlain's best bits against City

“He is a very, very good player – and in a number of positions as well. He is not just a midfielder or an attacker, he is very versatile,” Gomez continues.

“He has shown that already by playing in the three in midfield or in the front three. In both positions he is not someone you want to come up against; he is so powerful, his speed and strength are always a threat.

“The fact that he can have that speed and strength and also be a midfielder who gets the ball down and dictates play shows what kind of player he is.”

Not that this has come as a surprise to anyone in the dressing room.

“It was only a matter of time, and it was still very quick how he has adapted. He is playing so well,” adds his compatriot.

“It shows how well he has settled in and he has adapted to the style of play. He is already an important member of the team. It’s credit to him.”
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...in-is-not-someone-you-want-to-come-up-against