1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Albion on a Friday

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Garner, considering he cost less than £500k and scored 10 goals was a good little bit of business! Didn't set the world on fire no, but even made a profit on the lad. Very decent leader of the line, nasty vile player to play against, can hold the ball and very streetwise. Had we had a fully fit Garner this season we'd certainly have more points on the board.

Priskin was a weird one - never really happened. I read Keane's book about Priskin. He wanted him, he was signed and Keane didn't know the transfer fee. Not down to Keane - up to him to identify the player and the club to sign him. Keane thought around £500k - and was horrified to hear it was £1.7 mill!

JET - christ alive - what a waste of natural ability. How do you motivate someone like that!?!?!? Wenger said years ago something along the lines of the best natural player he'd ever coached at a young age at one point. Shame to see him waste his talent.

Pleased Jackson scored v WBA - perhaps he'll get a start and build on it. Needs to improve his runs - he's about as good with offsides as Kevin Lisbie was. Hopefully overtime he can prove he's a good investment. I'm not convinced - however my opinion is irrelevant really - hope he succeeds and starts banging them in for fun.

As for Dozzell - I've seen so little of him really - it's hard for me to properly comment. All I've seen of him this season in any form was a sub appearance when we were pants ( v Boro H 2-0 loss) - he came on, 76 minutes in and was very very decent. All sorts of forward passing angles we've been missing. That said the game was lost and Boro were chilling, letting us probe to some degree.....He was alright vs West Ham in the pre season game, I watched 90 on facebook however they were on summer holiday ease back into it mode, we were on full tilt so I cannot judge him that day. Really hope he can push on.

2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Feck me it's got petty on here!

3. ostlan

ostlan Active Member

It has Spanish - but I think the majority of it is pure frustration at the hierarchy within the club rather than at each other :(

4. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

But isn’t that part of the problem, albeit a very small part. The club from top to bottom is very disjointed at present. Yes, we had a big crowd vs West Brom but that was down to the ticket prices. Interesting to see how many turn up against Bristol City. If we start from the top. After ME came out publicly and spoke to the fans last season, I hope£ that this was the start of him trying to repair his relationship with us - errr, no. Players - imo, they need to get on with playing. I am disappointed with the number that have come out and had a go at PH. He’s gone, no need to do it and finally the fans, we need to be behind the team as much as possible but instead we’ve taken to arguing amongst ourselves. I’ve been going to PR For 30 years and this is the most fractious I’ve seen the whol club