1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ajax away.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 22, 2019.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

What a honour it is for these kids to play for a great player like Frank at the biggest club in London. They should seize it

Bristol Blue and Naas Blue like this.
  2. The Ginger Marks

Indeed, we have had some cracking players through the years like Hazard etc who sometimes even when playing badly needed ego massaging. Whats refreshing is this crop of kids and remaining seasoned players are all grasping Franks Chelsea are a family edict. There's no Luiz's and Terry's, Higuains or Moratas to pander too, so far Franks done everything right behind the scenes and this is for me the first time since the late 1979/80 where there's so much honesty in the players.

Naas Blue likes this.
  3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Isn’t it funny how quickly people’s options of Lampard change. I must admit, I didn’t think he was ready and we haven’t seen a real test of managerial prowess as of yet, but, when we signed him I believed he was the only option for us.
    Now, he is not only the only but most right option for us. It must be great for the players knowing they are being coached by someone who knows what it means to play and win things for Chelsea.
    The youth know they will get their shot and are far more likely to stick around because of Frank.
    It may not be a season we win anything but this set up has us in prime position for years of dominance.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Jury still out. It is only October.

I was happy with Frank choice as there was no other choice at the time!

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep, must be one hell of a buzz to play for an all-time great like Frank

As ever we are privileged to be Chelsea fans

6. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Agree Ginge...but a bit harsh throwing J.T. in there !

7. The Ginger Marks

JT is a legend as you know but also probably the greatest ego as well.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Interesting that players like Drogba, Zola, Jimmy Flloyd, Gudjohnson, Cech, Duff, Le Saux, Carvallho, and laterally, Lampard all seemed to be Club men with small egos and all pretty low maintenance. More recently Morata, Costa and company seemed high maintenance and pretty mercenary.
    Now we look to have got our "Club Men" players again. Proof again ,if needed that when the going gets tough, the only way up is team before the individual.
    We've got that now in bucketloads. Credit to staff, Players and Management who are all making the very best of a potentially bad situation.

9. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Add Essien, Mikel and about two hundred others, over the years. Take away Jimmy Floyd and you are probably right CP. Have you forgotten we were in division 2 at one point and they all did their best according to their ability.

10. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Great posts above but keeping to the Ajax of Amsterdam topic, I can’t wait for November 5th and the home leg of this fixture. It must have been superb for the lucky Chelsea faithful to see us win in Amsterdam. Easily the best result in Frank’s managerial career so far. This team will only get better with Frank and Co. leading them.