1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Agree or Disagree:

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by george the blue, Jan 29, 2017.

1. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

Of the 3 wide players we have at our disposal, Eden Hazard is the worst performer this season.

I'd rather play pedro and willian against liverpool, how do you guys feel?

StanDMan likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

So hard to call it.
    Pedro has been magnificent.
    Hazard was excellent for most of our 13 game win streak, but he has fallen off a little and Willian came back in and has been great.
    I think its close, but I think Hazard probably shades it over Willian, but only just, and only because Willian missed half a dozen games when his mum passed away. But it's very close

1.Pedro
    2.Hazard
    3.Willian

But its extremely close, and can change very fast.
    A Testament to how great they have all been.

3. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I agree Hazard probably has not been seen to be as effective as the other two in recent games, but there is always the fact that his presence has a very positive effect for the rest of the team and more importantly a negative one on the opposition. I rather think Pedro Willian Costa and anyone else that is chosen to play, benefit from his inclusion, and although Hazard may not directly be seen to contribute in certain areas, opposition have to target him for special treatment, doubles up on him, consequently frees up the other players to be able to exploit one on ones which without Hazard may not be possible. He is still the best ball retainer in the league in my opinion, nobody even Messi cannot do what Eden does, as regards hold on to the ball and then accelerate away from defenders, where Messi is better is what he does with the ball afterwards. It seems to me sometimes we are ask too much from the little man and are spoiled by the things he does and expect it too often. The greatest players in the world that have ever been cannot sustain their status forever its called age, injuries also take their toll just enjoy the gems whilst they are sparkling. The reason Hazard retains his place is not always easy to see. Forza Azurre'

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

At various stages of the season , each one has had some poor form, but each one has also had some fabulous form. Pedro has come on in huge steps. Shows again that some players take time to get up to speed in the EPL. Willian is back in scintillating form, Hazard has been unplayable, but last couple of weeks the other 2 have shaded him. What a fabulous position for the Club. Tend to agree though, when Hazard plays , the other 2 get a shade more chances because of the marking that has to be done on Hazard.
    I'll leave it to Conte to decide who starts, so far his record is just a tad better than mine !!!!!

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

when Pedro or Willian are off the mark - they were dropped. Never Eden - why?

Agree with Eden double marked. But we need to try with different setup.
    Another important note, dropping Eden will make Alonso less pathetic.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

I get your point, but when he hits form Eden is the best player in our team by a mile.Even so, his form is not so bad he needs dropping. It was, but not at the moment. It wouldn't hurt to rest him and start the other two occasionally, with Eden on the bench. Doesn't seem as harsh as "dropping " him, though would have the same result. Pedro seems to start as a wing back now and then and all 3 start. Another option.
    Not sure why Alonso is in your sights, although I only see the matches live on TV, he looks to be worth his spot easily to me. When Ake has had a bit more time to get into the flow of things, I can see the two rotated, and that would be a very good thing.

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

CP, i don't think it is just Eden's fault. I haven't seen any of our players play Eden within the final third. looks like Eden is isolated within our team.
    Dropping him might actually bring in a 11th player to our team game.

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

There is a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes than a mug like me can see on TV. Guess that's why the Joses" and Contes" get the big bucks !!
    But, isn't it nice to try and work out what they are thinking, how they might improve, what we might do in their place !!
    As someone smarter than me once said, "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it "
    Have to be honest, I have more belief now in Conte than I ever had in Jose. He seems to be as good at tactics, better at man management, better at building team spirit, better at judging players potential ,better at improving performances, less egotistical, and most of all, is not driven by internal demons.
    He's a great fit for us, and credit to whoever in the "Upstairs Mob" saw this in him.

Bristol Blue and StanDMan like this.
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Mate, I think that Conte is one of the best appointments ever. Roman should keep this guy for as long as possible. No fuss or controversy, just gets on with the job.

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Was a big fan of Jose first time around, a little less so 2nd time around but still a legend.

But something about Conte feels really right. Got to love the guy jumping in the crowd and kicking every ball with us. It's like having a fan on the touchline. :)

george the blue and Bristol Blue like this.
  12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

True. If THAT Nigerian was involved - he deserves massive credit.

Blueman likes this.
  13. Bullet tooth Tony

Are you referring to Emanalo bud, he has been responsible for some almighty fook-ups, but has redeemed himself of late. I don't think he was part of the managerial choice mind. I think he is only involved in the recruitment of players, I could be wrong.

14. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

yes Abu's. I have criticized Emenalo a lot. So if he is due some credit - I would love to go back & give him some <ok>
    If not - he will get nothing.
    Bruce Buck has any say in Conte's selection?

15. Bullet tooth Tony

I've really no idea but I assume Buck and Roman would have the final say in the matter with the latter holding sway.