1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

After the transfer business, what's next?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Sep 4, 2017.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The transfer window has closed and now the business done will become our future and I'm interested to hear your views based on the comings and goings over the last few weeks. Most of our additions are new to us all and if we can make sense of the various reasons as to why they became part of our squad then the upcoming team selections might bring their purported worth back in to focus. Based on what we now have aboard what would be your team sheet look like when we trot out at Reading and then Wolves?

How many of the squad for the last game, obviously deleting the outgoings, would be on your first team wish list and who of the new additions would join that team? It will almost certainly be some time before we can make an informative decision of the players and team formation but nonetheless it needs to be done, not necessarily by us but by Lee, and the next 4 weeks will shed some light when we have played what can arguably be called some tough fixtures.

Interesting times ahead and let's hope for the best.

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I think the new recruits will take time to get to know each other Mike, and we may not get many (or any) points from the next few games in my humble opinion.

Whether what we've bought will be good enough to keep us clear of trouble in the long term is the big question, and also what the dressing room mood will be like with Flint and Magnusson still here.

We have some very tough matches coming up on the bounce - Reading away, Wolves away, Derby at home and Norwich away, with the LC game with Stoke in between the Derby and Norwich games.

Our away form last season was pretty poor and it's something Johnson needs to address, especially if our home form is going to be a concern this season. One win out of three so far at The Gate isn't exactly making people sit up and take notice.