1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread AFC Bournemouth vs. Arsenal 2015/16 Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Feb 6, 2016.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Venue: Dean Court
    Sunday, February 7th 2016
    KO Time: 13.30 BST

Head to Head Against AFC Bournemouth:
    Played: 2
    Wins: 1
    Draws: 0
    Losses: 0
    Goals For: 5
    Goals Against: 5
    Goal Difference: 5
    Last 6 Meetings:
    Arsenal 2-0 AFC Bournemouth
    Arsenal 3-0 AFC Bournemouth

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Sunday's Premier League game against Bournemouth:
    on the team news…

We lost Tomas Rosicky for a longer period and apart from that Danny Welbeck is playing in the under-21s and everybody else should be available.

on Welbeck…
    He is playing today with the under-21s, for one half at least. I believe that he needs to play two or three games before thinking about coming back into the first team. We can organise games internally without being official games and I think in the next three weeks he should be available. He has not played for 10 months so we need to be patient with him. He has good basic fitness but after it is competitive decision-making and he needs to get used to that again. We are a bit relieved because with such an injury, you never know how a player will come back. But he looks promising in training.

on Rosicky’s prognosis…
    It’s too early. The only thing we know is that it’s a bad muscular injury that will keep him out for a long time. The good news is that he will apparently not need surgery as it is a partial rupture of his tendon but how long it takes, [whether] it is two months or three months, we don’t know. We are all shocked and he is the most shocked and we have to patient and hope that it is not his last game.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Hellboy87

Hellboy87 New Member

Well it's not gonna be a easy 3 points to come away with!

3. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Hasnt that been the case for most of the 4 games we failed to win? If I had a penny for every time we used that line, oh this is the game we can't afford to drop points in, and then we do, and then it's the next game with the same mantra, and repeat. The players need to start putting up or shutting up.

4. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

No, that hasn't been the case over our last four games. Some idiots have been saying it about every single game regardless of opposition or circumstance based on not wanting to drop away from first.

I'm saying it because we have difficult away fixtures against some bigger sides left and picking up maximum points in the lesser games will be vital if we are going to keep up a challenge on the title.

5. Arsenal87

So Southampton and Chelsea home weren't games we could not afford to drop points in? Huh? You sure you want to win the title or just finish 4th? If it's the former, you really do have one strange mentality.

lol, before we played Southampton, at home, we failed to win our last 3 league games, and in those circumstances, that game wasn't a game we could not afford to drop points to? lol, yeah okay....

6. Arsenal87

And as to Chelski, they are mid-table, what, 14th? I'd say the circumstances dictate you need to win that game, particularly after you failed to win the other 2 you played before, and that you're at home. But you'll always find some circumstance, or what I prefer to call it, excuse, when Arsenal fail to collect all points, there's always an excuse, or sorry, 'circumstance', lol.

Quilllogic likes this.
  7. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Your clearly not understanding what I'm saying.

Some people have used the "must win" and "can't drop points" based on being emotional about our run of results as opposed to having any reasoning behind it other than "but we aren't getting points"! no reason behind why that particular game is more important to pick up points than any other game during the season as they are all worth three points.

I've used the term and then given my reason that I expect us to still drop points this season in some of our tough away games and that picking up the points against the lesser sides will be vital to cover that gap.

Not sure if you can see the difference between how I've used the terminology and the way it gets casually thrown around as a cliche.

8. Arsenal87

Yes, sometimes it can be used a cliche, however, it hasnt been against Chelski, or Southampton, those 2 games were must win games, and each one became more urgent after we failed to win the previous, so the Chelski game was must win, and then the Southampton game was a must must win because we failed to beat Chelski.

So both Chelski and Southampton were must win games and games we could not afford to drop points in, which we did, losing one, and drawing the other.

Quilllogic likes this.
  9. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I think we shall agree to disagree as this is supposed to be a match thread rather than a discussion about terminology.

Back on topic.

Who is available and who is out injured for this one?

10. Arsenal87

No, no, let me get this straight, according to you the Southampton game was not a must win game? I actually want to really know if you do believe that, because if you, then LOL.

Heck, LOL if you also didnt believe the same for the Chelski game, really shows what a lack of ambition you have, sheesh, 2 games without a win, at home to mid-table Chelski who we haven't beat since October 2011, and you don't consider that a must-win game, man that is some funny ****.

11. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Again, we shall agree to disagree and move back on topic <ok>

A match thread wasn't made so I wanted to put somewhere up for people to discuss the game, if it is just a page of us disagreeing about something completely unrelated no-one will discuss the game. Grow up and take it elsewhere if you want to try and draw me into an argument lol

12. Arsenal87

And what I am saying is very relevant, I am responding to a point you made, that this is a must win game, the fact is, our previous 2 games have been must wins. Not just this one, the fact we bottled it in the previous 2, has only increased the pressure on us to win this game.

13. Arsenal87

As I said, I'm responding to a point you made, if you're too chicken to debate your points, maybe it's you who should take your ass elsewhere where your view points aren't challenged.

14. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

What midfield do people think we will play in this game?

Coquelin I expect to start but will we go with El Neny or Ramsey next to him? I'm inclined to think Ramsey will get the nod as we will want to be on the front foot and strong offensively. As long as Flamini doesn't start I'll be happy!

It'll also be interesting to see if Mert regains his spot in the team or if Gabriel gets the opportunity to try and make it his own.

15. Arsenal87

Fact is, if you're a side that's fighting for the league, a home game after failing to win 2 games is must win, and failing to win 3 games and then playing at home is most certainly a must win, so quite frankly, who gives a **** about what you think, you'll be the only one who holds such a baffling stupid opinion.

16. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Can a mod remove anymore off topic posts from A87 please ;)

17. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Calm down sweetheart, it's time for a cup of tea and a sit down I think.

18. Arsenal87

Not off topic at all, I am responding to a direct point you made, and you're too scared to defend it.

19. Arsenal87

Lol, fail to win 3 league games, and the 4th game is not a must win game, that is absolutely hilarious, one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life.

20. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I believe this is what they call a MELTDOWN!

<laugh>