1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread AFC Bournemouth @Dean Court 20/9/2016

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Sep 18, 2016.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

The early rounds of the league cup for those outside the top division are to get through the early couple of rounds, then draw a bigger club with the hope of making a bit of moneyt before bowing out gracefully. Last season we beat Crewe and Watford before going out on penalties to Bournemouth.
    We've made the third round again and have deen draw against a Premiership club sadly though we've got Bournemouth again this time away, which goes down as not a money spinner in any sense of the term.
    The home side having come a distant second to Pep's undeafable Manchester City take on a Championship side who let in five yesterday. One good point is that the home side will probably rest the vast majority of the side that played yesterday although they may give a game to smoking Jack Wilshire.
    Given that we have a game on Friday which is being televised to the general populus on Sky, suspect we will also make wholesale changes, so basically it is going to be a reserve game for both sides.
    On the plus side it may give some of those who can't get a game a chance to prove something to the manager.
    The coach leaves at 11.15am and returns home at 4.30am the great point about that is I won't be on it, giving this one a miss although I know a few hardy souls who are actually going.
    Think we may lose this one.

AFC Bournemouth last three DWL next three Everton H Watford A Hull H
    PNE last three LWL next three Wigan Athletic H Birmingham City A Aston Villa H

2. themaclad

10 changes an win Makienok hat trick

3. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

A triple Big Mak! Delicious. Okay, so it was a AFCB second team, but so was NE. Hopefully a Chelsea at Deapdale in the next round. Show Diego the finer points of lower league football!

4. themaclad

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe told BBC Radio Solent:

"Firstly, I have to apologise to the supporters, I really do. I feel passionately that we've let them down tonight.

"I can't recall saying that in my second term here. But we didn't do the things required to justify them paying the money to support us and the time that it takes.

"I feel very sorry for that and I'll do everything in my power to put that right. Ultimately, as manager, the blame falls on me and I take full responsibility.

"The fundamentals weren't there for a good performance. We didn't work hard enough and the technicals were very low and it's very unlike us."

Preston manager Simon Grayson told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"We deserved the victory over the course of the game, we created some very good chances and we withstood the pressure. With five minutes to go, we showed the spirit and character to get back into it.

"It was dogged and hard-working, but we showed quality as well.

"A lot of those players have been chomping at the bit to come into the team and show what they're capable of and full credit to them.

"We've got a group that have got some desire and character about them."

5. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

A pity Eddie Howe couldn't find words to congratulate NE Sour grapes.