1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adkins

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by cheshireles, Oct 4, 2018.

1. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Stay or Go?

I've heard enough of his bull**it, its tedious and on top of that I'm not impressed by his tactics, or lack of!

Personally Nigel, you walked into a firestorm, its raging around you and the flames are engulfing you, do us all a favour and go!

2. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Go. Simple.

Yes- ehab has ****ed him over. But its Nigels job to get the tactics right & coach / improve the team. He has failed on all fronts

Edelman likes this.
  3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

It’s go for me. His tactics are just dog ****. The team performance on Tuesday night was shameful.

4. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

He's the best manager in the championship

Why would we get rid

5. mplooney

mplooney Well-Known Member

Who would be a better (credible) replacement?

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  6. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

Needs to stay until the takeover is complete. Then hopefully we can attract a better manager to start the beginning of a bright future for the club.

Steve Bruce anyone?

Aquity likes this.
  7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Give him a chance under proper ownership with real ambition. If he's so shot then he'll struggle and be sacked. Alternatively it'll improve with a proper squad. There's no point sacking a manager now; whoever comes in will still have to choose from Henriksen and Stewart in the spine of his team so it's never going to be great. And people will blame it on the tactical ineptness of yet another manager.

8. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

The cabbage that was thrown at Steve Bruce.

9. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

If a sale is meant to go through in time for the January window it might depend on who the new owners feel confident in to spend their money and who they feel can attract decent players.

If I was a potential buyer I'd have doubts about NA's ability to do either of those things and I think I'd have somebody lined up.

Shame in a way, I'm sure NA's a decent man and capable of better than we've seen at City but he was dealt a ****ty hand and he might now be seen as damaged goods because of it.

10. Kevin Francis

Kevin Francis Well-Known Member

He’s had next to **** all to work with, but seemingly picked the wrong options from a very limited bunch. However, his hands have been tied so IF we get new ownership, he should be given a reasonable (insert your own interpretation of reasonable here) budget in January to make a fist of it until the end of the season.
    Given a bit of financial backing in jan I think we will stay up comfortably even if Adkins carries on being a disappointment.
    Come next season, all being well, with new owners and a decent transfer kitty we’re still a pretty big draw in this league. Install a new manager, be one of the big boys in the second tier and get back to where we belong.
    All sounds so simple doesn’t it?

PLT and newlandcasual like this.

11. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

i was reading a sheff utd ****s forum after their 2nd game against boro when they lost 3-0
    fans were saying wilder has to go
    he's not the man for the job
    that he's done all he can, he can't pick the righ tteam

now they are joint top of the championship
    :1980_boogie_down:

then again

they did get norwood after

PLT likes this.
  12. cheshireles

Based on what I've seen this season Mike Bassett now he's no longer the England manager!

13. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

didn't he win the league cup with norwich?
    he's not managed a team for over two decades though

14. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Go FFS

15. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

I don't think a new manager would make much difference, even if there was a new manager bounce I don't think it would last long. I don't think it matters that much who manages us now, if the Allams want us to keep up we will, if they aren't bothered what happens there's a very decent chance of relegation.

16. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he is a good or bad manager because I find it hard under our present circumstances to judge him. One thing I do know is if he could have brought in some of his first choice transfers such has Norwood, McKenna ect we would be in a much better position than we are now. He has made some strange decisions but hasn't a lot to work with, it dosnt help neither with the bad atmosphere around the club

17. cheshireles

More guff from todays pre-match conference...everyone wants to see the stadium full....doesn't he talk to Enob?....the group is working hard....yada yada!!

18. Clovis Iscariot

Clovis Iscariot Well-Known Member

I’ve never bought into the “ yeah but who is going to replace him” way of thinking. Adkins talks in riddles and never really says anything apart from all the hot air he comes out with. Seems like a nice guy, passionate, enthusiastic, always the optimist but I think he should go. As an aside, I can’t believe there is no-one else at City amongst the youngsters who could possibly be worse than Stewart. If Adkins isn’t selecting players because they don’t show enough desire in training then Stewart must be the hardest trainer going because he has no ability at all.

GLP, Newland Tiger and Kempton like this.
  19. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

Stay....but only until the take over is done and we can attract a much higher calibre of manager

20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Same as Henriksen then , by all reports he is great in training

As far as Adkins that all depends on the big IF of new owners , he isn't going to get sacked or walk with the Allams in charge
    if new owners come in I would hope they have a little bit of ambition and are not planning for league 1