1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adel's time is up

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 13, 2011.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The more I see of the PL this year leaves me thinking the gap between PL and the Championship is exaggerated by many. I don't think Adel has a much bigger problem with PL defenders than those in the Championship, playing where he does in midfield he sometimes has more space to operate in than last season. I think his problems this season are more down to reduced physical fitness and lost confidence, than the oppostion. He made an Ok start to this season, and given a little time he may come back as good as or better than ever - like Bothroyd hopefully!

2. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Hope you're right, Oslo. I just get the impression that management are beginning to think they could make better use of the transfer fee than they could of Adel. Probably comes down to where NW and Adel are in their relationship right now.

3. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

He's not.
    There's a massive difference in the defending.

4. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

That must be exercising the minds of the potential purchasers, right now

5. QPR Oslo

Lets hope their on their second (but short!) honeymoon in the Middle East somewhere then! I hope and suspect they won't let Adel go without receiving a mega offer - they shouldn't, the guy is a mega talent even though nobody would have believed that watching him at Tottenham.

6. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Has to be, he's not in our's or Morocco's first 11 at the mo, how much would anyone risk on him?

7. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

Couldn't disagree more. The Championship is a woeful standard. We were by far the best team in it last year and we were sh*t compared to the team we have now. Watching our last three games and then watching the desperate hoof-ball crap that's served up in the Football League leaves me wondering what in the name of holy divine Christ you've been watching Oslo.

I mean, are you serious?

8. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

An aging Pretty Boy Savage tied him down last year ... current Prem defenders just need to watch the video.

He needs to sort himself out on the training ground and work at how to beat good defenders (which by all accounts -Warnock's comments as well as Barton's - is something he doesn't seem prepared to do).

A few fancy stepovers, etc, might have worked in the Championship, but he needs more than that now. That is why he gets frustrated when it doesn't work, he doesn't know what else to do.

9. QPR Oslo

Better Quality in the PL of course, but I don't see any "masive" difference in either defense or play as a whole. There is as big a difference between the top 4/5 in the PL and the rest of the PL, as there is between the rest of the PL and the top 10 or so in the Championship for me. That only Blackpool of the promoted teams last season went straight back down again (and they as everyone's 2nd favourite team, and after a very close run with a number of teams for that last spot), and that all 3 of us promoted teams this season are holding our own so far, suggests this. As does that teams relegated from the PL have not exactly been charging clear at the top of the Championship the following season. The game is faster and technical skills are better in the PL of course, but well organised teams can and do reduce the impact of this.

10. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

Wrong again it's the quality of the attackers and midfielders it's about goals and 3 points
    The attackers take the pressure off their defence and then look good
    Man Utd ripped apart by City yet the defenders get the blame
    Man City would get 6 chances today if they played the best defence in the world and win
    Silly Comment really there is little difference between a tight championship team and a tight premiership team
    On form you have to pick a few Newcastle players then! If they went to new clubs they would look what really are yet collectively they are doing very well ... Taarabt is a player impossible to play against when on song he could do anything in any game at the highest level . I had nothing for him apart from his talent which is outstanding

11. Swords Hoopster

You've got to be on the wind up! The gulf is astronomical. Newcastle kept their Prem team together hence why they pis*ed all over the Ch'ship and then stayed up. W Brom brought in quality which kept them up. And that's my point: Once you get up you have to bring in plenty of quality or you haven't a hope. And any relegated teams that didn't bounce right back up is largely due to the fact that when you slip into the Championsh*t, you have to sell all your good players.

Well organised teams were the likes of Derby, Watford and Sunderland. All Second Tier huff and puff with no quality.

You are deluded good buddy!

12. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

[636]

13. QPR Oslo

Swords! What you on mate! You are having better delusions than me! <laugh> Watford 21st in the Championship, Derby 8th in the Championship, Sunderland 15th in the PL,and all second tier huff and puff with no quality - next season maybe? but not now or for the few last seasons!

14. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

The angrier you get with views which oppose your own just illustrates your uncertainty in your own opinion

Sorry Sigmund but the above sentence is a masterpiece ... In essence it states that if you feel any hint of passion to your own opinion you must be wrong.

I have therefore used CBT on my thoughts and will take it to meditation and after I have completed my scaravelli session I hope to be enlightened ... I can state however early results have yielded one fact .

A man who changes his name couldn't have been that certain about himself

I bite when poked a couple of times plus you have written a few pompous remarks to other posts I think the name is very fair and apt and it's free of course.

Now even I was to smoke radox crystals I am certain of one thing Adel Taarabt is talented and a QPR player
    You have no idea if he wants to leave and play elsewhere it's all speculation
    Who would want to leave the Premier League having got us there?

Uncertainty and Faith of course can be confusing and therefore you are forgiven

15. Swords Hoopster

Sorry mate, it was a bit vague alright. I meant the Watford, Derby and S'land sides that came up in the last few years, didn't invest, and were promptly battered back down. We'll agree to disagree on this one old buddy. :emoticon-0103-cool:

Besides, there seems to be a serious dingdonger between the other two bhoys on this thread!
    <party>