1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adel's time is up

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 13, 2011.

1. StanleyBowlesNo10

StanleyBowlesNo10 New Member

Just had a look online and the game v cameroon has just started. Adel on subs bench.

2. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Saw a picture of him on here playing against Uganda

3. ColdharbourR

ColdharbourR Member

4. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

Adel was involved in one way or another in setting up 39 goals last season in the championship not bad for a joke of a player.so why don't you do one you eegit

5. QPR Oslo

He just came on for the 2nd half and his first and second touches nearly created goals.

6. ColdharbourR

ColdharbourR Member

He missed a penalty in the shoot out! Must be low on confidence, don't think he's ever missed one for us.

7. MaidaValeRanger

<sorry><sorry><sorry><sorry>

8. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

No probs mate<ok>

9. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

I don&#8217;t care that/if Spurs get 40% of the transfer fee, they don&#8217;t pay 40% of his wage do they?? Didn&#8217;t think so, expensive non performer to have on the payroll. But still a good deal struck with Spurs in the first place as I honestly don&#8217;t think we would be in the Premier League without him.
    Why play him in every game? Why not use him against the teams he can do most harm to while he still develops and bench him against tougher opposition where the focus needs to be on team ethics.

Then there&#8217;s the other side, will we live to regret selling him this early? He&#8217;s still very young, only been with us for little over a year(permanently), first time he&#8217;s given a proper chance in the prem and so on.

In the end he won&#8217;t leave in January, unless we&#8217;re willing to listen to silly offers (which we won&#8217;t), but simply because nobody&#8217;s willing to part with a large amount of cash for a player that&#8217;s not proven at the top level.

I want him to stay, cause every time I see his name in the team sheet my heart frequency goes up (in a good way :smile: ), for me that&#8217;s what it&#8217;s all about. If there is a concern it&#8217;s only if his heart&#8217;s not here, but then again I don&#8217;t think it was here last year and he still performed miracles.

I say keep him!

10. QPR Oslo

Me too!

11. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

He's basically got two months to make or break his time with us, I think against Stoke he'll be on the bench as they will be in our faces, especially after their thrashing at Bolton. He'll probably get a run out at some point in that game but he has to start delivering or his value will drop like a stone. We'd all love him to succeed but at this level he's not cutting it...Yet?

12. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Ali to stay adel bye bye

13. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

Right hold onto this thread North or Brixton so when judgement day comes for AT we can all stand on what side

14. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Why just save this thread DT, and not the 30 others devoted to the same subject? Your love for Adel is touching, but tragically unrequited. When he leaves you will blame Warnock, Barton etc, and ignore the fact that he does not want to be at QPR and his statements and actions back this up. I will always be grateful for his performances last year ( goals against Cardiff a personal favourite) but also note that the players and fans of our club voted for someone else as player of the year. Had he replicated those performances this year he would just have left for more money - shame for him and us that he has not been able to step up except for in brief flashes, unlike HH, Mackie, Faurlin and for most of the time Derry. Sooner this saga is over the better for me.

15. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

OLD NEWS!! Boring paper talk,neither will be leaving just yet.All this PSG and all this so called Italian interest is just agents talk trying to get Adel's profile back up after his poor performances.As for Faurlin,we'd have to be ****ing deranged to sell him now,the boy's value is in the ascendency,and he's a key player for us.I wouldn't swap him for anyone except Parker at this moment in time!

16. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

We might have better players but I doubt we'd have a more skillful one in the next 20 years.

Just wish he'd stayed on against Chelsea because he looked sharp and there was space opening up.

Sadly now he seems to be considered a luxury but the phrase form is temporary but class is permanent rings true.

Keep him I say.

17. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

I won't blame anyone as any player still has to agree a move as does the club it's complex There has been plenty on quotes and mis quotes by everybody ... I am not certainly not tragically unrequited you condescending fool as I am guessing I have seen a little more football first hand worldwide than you ... Adel Taarabt had a great season last year for us and everyone is coming to terms with a new team to which most of us are dealing with the fall out of what mist clubs don't go through in a life time ... I only have a voice on here so the people I will take issue with are the people who have written him off
    It's very little wonder he is low on form at the moment as he adjusts to so much .... He remains to me the best talent I have seen for 25 years with a football ... If you even snapshot his premier season so far it would beat most the problem is clearly his own high standards which he has fallen below yet fickle ****ers see him not being able to play at this level
    He got us up with sheer genius last year sheer genius that doesn't go overnight so other factors are to blame

I hope they get sorted and then he plays well ... expect a few ****s put into a few bods then ... to all the fickle **** wits on this board

18. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

" so other factors are to blame "
    ======================
    Prem defenders?

19. GoMadgeGo

GoMadgeGo Member

I reckon Dave has a thing for our boy Adel.

Personally I'd like to see him stay too. Don't care what he does off the pitch, he's a genius on it. That over used cliche of ''worth the entrance fee alone'' is what footballs all about. If we persevere with him, I'm certain he'll come good.

20. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

My instinct says he'll go in Jan - there's plenty of interest despite the fact that Adel has yet to cut it at the highest level. If he does go, then he does so with my best wishes because without him, I doubt if we'd have even made the play-offs. He unlocked defences in the Championship - I hope for his sake he can move on from there...