1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam Barton

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://twitter.com/#!/Glenking2000/status/32043968124420097

Anyone heard of Adam Barton? We've been linked with him since last summer, heard good things about him, well apparently he's coming to us.

@Glenking2000
    Glen Dinsdale
    Adam Barton at #stoke training ground. Expected to sign a 3year contract on #deadline

2. Norfolkstokie

Norfolkstokie Member

Never heard of him....is he one for the future?.

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

4. Just googled him Sarge, 20 yr old midfielder for Preston. Just under a six footer, don't know how good he is though?

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ield-sensation-Adam-Barton-article591021.html

He was linked with us in September in The Mirror, rated at £5m :shocked: Cannot see us agreeing to that unless we offer one or more of Whelan, Tonge or Soares

6. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Oatcakes
    Honestly, I'd head the name but did not know that much about him! I THINK I remember a Sky game and IF it's the same guy. He looked decent and must have loads of potential if valued at £5.000.000 bloody hell Tony. I HOPE this isn't another Kitson,Tuncay deal. Buy em, but don't play em. Interesting indeedy.:emoticon-0112-wonde

7. jowlermonkey

jowlermonkey Well-Known Member

It's all been an anticlimax so far.

8. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Be a bit of a surprise given our relationship with Preston. TP was accused of buttering up to the older Fergy and brought the loanees back, or something like that.

Can He play CB or as a makeshift left back??

<smiley>

9. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Spartacus
    I've just posted a thread on the PRESTON board! Asking if they know anything about this? Is he that good ect.

Hope I haven't put my foot in it! <whistle>

10. Like the idea of bringing in a decent young midfielder Potts. For the time he was on yesterday, Wilson inpressed me again. Maybe my imagination, but he seems to be getting stronger in retaining possession of the ball and certainly passed it around well.

As for today, still clinging to the feeble hope that Tunny and Ric stay. Has Faye gone yet? If so who will play on Wed night? So many questions!!!:emoticon-0107-sweat

11. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Tunny's gone, just announced. Fuller looks likely he will stay, but that could change. Nothing new on Faye, Sky said he was in Glasgow talking to Celtic but Neil Lennon said that wasn't true.