1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Accrington Stanley v Sunderland - Saturday 8th December - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Dec 8, 2018.
  1. Home win

3.8%
  2. Away win

84.6%
  3. Draw

11.5%
  1. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

That sounds reasonable.

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Definitely do. Otherwise a player could get red carded for punching a player and it not result in a ban

3. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

These things happen from time to time in the game. Happened at Sunderland a few years ago if I have remembered correctly. As mentioned with players coming back I believe we have the squad to handle all the games. If the problems we are having are coming from too much success at the moment....will live with them all day to be honest after the last few years we have had. Once the pitch got in that condition to me it became a great leveler between the two teams. Would rather replay this game and take them a part on another day. Onward and upward :)

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some years ago now but not in the absolute distant past we played Barnsley at Home Park one rather damp afternoon. The game kicked off in the rain and it was unrelenting for the whole of the first half with the pitch just getting worse and worse. They, Barnsley were 4 - 0 up having mastered the conditions much better than we did. The Referee waited for all of the half time period with us supporters stood in the deluge for the whole of that time and then called the game off. He could have done this before going off the ground at half time but obviously thought we were all enjoying ourselves. The game was replayed on a Tuesday night some time in the future and ended up a drawn match. My Son's father-in-law is a Barnsley supporter who was down for the original match. He was fuming. He was even more fuming after the replay. I have to confess to smirking just a little bit. It can have it's advantages.