1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Accrington Stanley v Sunderland – Saturday 15th January 2022 - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Jan 13, 2022.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Jan 15, 2022.
  1. Home win

18.6%
  2. Away win (SAFC)

64.4%
  3. Draw

16.9%
  1. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

bear in mind also anyone we sign this month probably won’t play until next month. We’ve just gone through a COVID crisis and still didn’t play our new signing once because he has to learn our “philosophies and protocols” first. Whilst the rest of the team look like they’ve played 17 games in 10 days

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

How many are they going to win by? If they lose 4 they’ll have a worse goal difference than us at the minute as that’s at least another -4.

Another Sunderland season, another bumpy road. Players need to shoulder a lot of blame here. Why they are pushing like they’re losing at that point us beyond me. No way should we have that many around the box. Also should’ve knocked the keeper over in his run out and taken a yellow

Robertson and Gil T Azell like this.
  3. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

Gutted like. That’s a brilliant afternoon for Wigan. Games in hand or not - they’re in a cracking position with decent fixtures coming up.

4. The realist

The realist Active Member

He’s the most dislikeable manager I can recall us having. A complete bullshitter and bluffer!

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

This is a clue to the level of coaching that we here so much about, either we have the thickest shower of half wits ever assembled or something else is wrong, I suspect its the later. Just my opinion mate and I admit I am as biased as the next, but this coach does not know how to manage a game we see that on a regular basis, so is it fair to expect the players who rely on him to pick them to be any better ?

6. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Honest question Nig, why do you think they will be promoted? I’m sure it’s only because you are a Sunderland fan, if that was any other team you wouldn’t give them a hope, there’s loads on here really optimistic but I’ve followed these for 60 + years and I can’t see anything to be optimistic about.

Makemstine Roger and Sunderpitt like this.
  7. Nonsense Potter

Nonsense Potter Well-Known Member

Fair enough, that's your opinion. I quite like him, don't know why exactly, for whatever reason I think there is something about him. The fact I quite like him means nowt, mind. He'll be judged entirely on his output. If we only make the playoffs he's got three games to keep his job. If he manages to do that, or we do go up automatically, he'll deserve a go in the champo. Still loads of games left and a transfer window. BTW, I understand the anger, I'm ****ing sick of being in this league, it needs to end, but personal insults in writing won't help. KTF.

8. LD19SAFC

Can’t wait to hear Johnson talk absolute ****e after this one.

The realist likes this.
  9. The realist

The realist Active Member

The great philosopher! :emoticon-0138-think

10. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Roker Report Player Ratings:
    Ron-Thorben Hoffmann: 6/10

The defence looked more assured with Hoffmann behind them, made one great tip over the bar in the first half but had no chance with the goal and not an awful lot to do.
    Bailey Wright: 7/10
    Good to see Wright back today and he played well at right back, one of the few players we have who relishes a physical challenge.
    Tom Flanagan: 4/10
    Has lapsed back into the Flanagan of old, missed two balls in the second half when he just stuck a lazy leg out at them. The first one required a great block by Doyle and the second resulted in the equaliser.
    Callum Doyle: 7/10
    Made a great driving run forward and got an assist for his pass to O’Brien. Bailed Flanagan out in the second half but we shouldn’t be relying on an 18-year-old to bail out his senior partner.
    Dennis Cirkin: 6/10
    Started a little slowly as the right winger gave him problems but settled down and snuffed him out of the game.
    Elliot Embleton: 6/10
    Did OK in central midfield, didn’t have much chance in a physical battle with the two big Stanley midfielders but did well on the ball. Wasted one great free kick opportunity in the second half.
    Dan Neil: 7/10
    Not a huge influence on the ball today but sprayed a couple of good balls wide to Dajaku and did a lot of covering in front of the back four, notably sweeping up after Doyle’s excellent block.
    Lynden Gooch: 6/10
    Put a good early cross in for Stewart, which our top scorer would have scored from but for a great save by the home ‘keeper. In and out of the game but looked better on the left than he has on the right of late.
    Alex Pritchard: 5/10
    Played with a knock on Tuesday and struggled to impose himself against a big Accy side, he was taken off at the break.
    Leon Dajaku: 6/10
    Gave the Accy left-back problems all game but no real end product today, despite regularly getting himself into good positions.
    Ross Stewart: 6/10
    Unlucky not to score early on, in what was his only real chance of the game but occupied the home defenders and put a shift in.
    Substitutes
    Aiden O’Brien: 7/10

Looked in good form when he came on. Scored our goal, showed quick feet on multiple occasions and his more physical approach over Pritchard helped the team.

Man of the Match: Callum Doyle

Stood up to the physical test at the back, showed far more effort and composure to his struggling senior defensive partner Flanagan and got an assist for his run and pass to O’Brien.

11. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think we'll go up because we're in a good league position and I'm expecting us to have a good transfer window. I'm not 100% convinced we'll be promoted but I think it's a realistic enough shout.

12. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

We aren’t really in a good league position though, and how can you say we’ll go up but not get promoted?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  13. Porterfield73

Porterfield73 Well-Known Member

who, the little fat ****er?

14. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

15. LD19SAFC

“Well I feel for us” - **** off Lee

Oliver's Army likes this.
  16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

We're second and one point away from first, how is that not a good position? Because of other teams having games in hand? They need to win them first, as it stands we go up.

Dorset, cumbrianmackem and Sunderpitt like this.
  17. malagamackem

malagamackem Well-Known Member

I think we bogged that up today. Defence is a shambles, Flanners is back to last seasons standard. Transfer window requires a brute of a centre half and / or a brute of an energetic defensive midfielder. It was poor that Pritchard was doing that today at times. Have to say that I like LJ but at times he needs to realise when you need to just get dirty and not try and emulate Brazil - especially 84 minutes into a game where you are leading 1-0, and the opposition is Accrington and they've only got 10 men ffs.

TopClub, Oldsandy and Sunderpitt like this.
  18. LD19SAFC

You’re easily pleased like <laugh>

rooch 3 likes this.
  19. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I cant even bring myself to watch that

20. Prehab26

Prehab26 Well-Known Member

Haway lad. There is a class half full and then there is that. Out of last 20 games we must have won 7. We won't go up.

Makemstine Roger and rooch 3 like this.