1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Accrington Stanley v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed yesterday was, how well Rutter seems to have fitted in, hugs, high fives, etc, looked like he'd been part of the squad all season.

2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

And when the big lad squared up to Greenwood right at the end, Wober ran 40 yards to tell him to **** off and got in his face.

Georginio was last man off the pitch. Took his shirt off and threw it in the away end.

Great stuff from the new lads.

3. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I like the cut of his jib

4. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

https://sbchill.com/xqo6iwkgtx4d.html

I just watched the first half. Absolute bollux saying Firpo had a stinker. He did absolutely nothing wrong, he made a couple of important challenges and clearances, rarely played a bad pass and never got us in trouble. He even played a lovely through ball for Bamford to run on to.
    If you'd said Greenwood then I'd agree but Firpo was OK. I was expecting to watch a car crash.

This is a link to the full match if anyone else missed it.

5. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Its also on iplayer my dude <ok>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  6. NostradEmus

The whole back 4 struggled with the physicality first 20 minutes.

Kristensen had acres of space on the right because McConville for Accrington plays a bit of a free role (part of the reason Roca and particularly Greenwood found it hard in the middle). He ended up playing right wing most of the first half.

Firpo wanted to get forward which is great but his man Longelo was cheating and not tracking back at all. Longelo is rapid too. If your gonna leave your man as a full back you've got to force him back by creating stuff the other end. First half Firpo left his man free and didn't do much the other end so he ended up just wandering around not really defending or attacking.

2nd half he was much better until they put a new lad on his wing when he went to sleep a couple of times.

7. wakeybreakyheart

Wrexham 3.sheff utd 2 with minutes to go.

NostradEmus likes this.
  8. wakeybreakyheart

Sorry bud but we were playing league1 relegation fodder. He should have looked a, stand out player and he was not.

FORZA LEEDS and Makemstine Roger like this.
  9. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Longelo got one cross in and we had good cover in the middle. Firpo made him go wide.
    After the review I made a point of watching him and I didn't think he did anything wrong, honestly.
    Wakey said he should have stood out but the only one who did was Harrison.
    The poor fkr just can't get a break. I don't think it's a level playing field.
    I'd rip your arms off for a new LB but Firpo did ok first half.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  10. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Jinx<doh>

11. NostradEmus

Longelo caused us untold problems first half as nobody bothered marking him. It meant other players were pulled over to cover leaving us even shorter in midfield which is why Accrington had success in the first 25 minutes.

2nd half Firpo got on top of it a bit more and ended up smashing him in to the advertising forcing him off shortly after.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

During the frenetic opening Firpo misplaced a coupled of passes which caused co-commentator and Arsenal c*nt Martin Keown to state "Firpo needs to get a grip here as he's all at sea ", which was harsh in the extreme as everyone was struggling to get their passing game going.

The Longelo cross, to which you refer, was the one thing that I personally thought Firpo was poor on as he should have got tighter and stopped the cross. But hey no one's perfect, I'm just saying that I like my full backs to stop crosses coming in as easily as that.

Keown, still an Arsenal c*nt by the way, then made no reference to how much Firpo had improved and if he'd been fair and balanced in his judgement would surely have given him a mention when nominating the motm award. Unless of course players that are "all at sea" usually score crucial goals with their wrong foot from left back.

NostradEmus and blonogasoven like this.
  13. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Keown also came out with these gems during the game

"Leeds have only won 3 times this season ", despite us having won 4 times in the league, once in the league cup and once in the FA Cup ;)

"It's been a long time since Leeds had a win in the FA Cup", of course it is Martin, you have to go back all of 10 days since we last won a game in the competition ;)

14. NostradEmus

Keown hasn't been the same since Michael Brown smacked him in the head at the Emirates.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  15. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

did you miss his first few passes then. He is a disaster waiting to happen. He did improve I'll give you that. But put it into perspective, we were playing Accrington Stanley.<ok>

16. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

agree with most of that. Especially the Keown being a cnut bit

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

My master plan would be to make Leeds defence the best in premier league we already have good attacking players and a decent midfield its our defence that needs sorting out this is a manager who was a defensive midfielder and has won the top prize in football the world cup .
    https://fbref.com/en/players/6cc4990c/Lionel-Scaloni