1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Accrington Stanley v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 25, 2023.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Also have Summerville to come back in. He was on fire before his injury and was beginning to develop a great understanding with Gnonto.

2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Poor defending wait while you see it.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  3. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Crikey, hadn’t even thought about Jimmy and you are 100% right :emoticon-0148-yes:

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

And breath....

5. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Today's scouting.

Meslier was Meslier.

I thought Rasmus was decent. He was basically playing right wing at times in acres of space but the ball rarely came across. Got through some work.

Koch and Wober improved as the game went but they never looked in control back there. They were a very tall side and certainly 1st half they struggled.

Firpo...right...where to start. Absolutely atrocious 1st half. Terrible. Started to get a bit more freedom 2nd half as Stanley tired. Great goal but an even better header about 2 minutes later which resulted in their tricky winger getting smashed in to the advertising boards and had to go off shortly after. He looked quality for those 5 or 6 minutes after he scored. Then started to switch off again. He's an absolute terrible defender.

Surprised at some having a go at Roca. Thought he was fantastic today, really made us tick in the middle which was difficult as Greenwood was awful. Really bad, worst I've seen him.

Harrison is bang in form and I think I'm right in saying that he now has 5 assists and 2 goals this season. That's pretty good considering he's not been 1st choice.

Sinisterra looked rusty but he oozes quality. His movement in and outside just leaves defenders confused. Scored one, missed a sitter after cutting inside and hit the post. Did the keeper get a touch to that btw? This lad can kee us up on his own if we can get the ball to him.

Bamford linked up well and was constantly hauled to the ground. Looks in good form.

Georginio is rapid. He's big. He can play with both feet. Is very direct. Played a couple of lovely passes. Good debut but should have had a couple himself today. You can tell he's young and a bit green and he is not anywhere near the finished product. He needs to man up a bit and stop being so selfish.

6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

An abundance of quality players in the attacking areas which means we’ll have actual game changers on the bench.

Looking good.

7. wakeybreakyheart

Watch the game again and you will see selfish in abundance from many of our players.

8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

That being the case it’s down to the coach to get the message across we are supposed to be a team

9. wakeybreakyheart

Should have had six

NostradEmus likes this.
  10. NostradEmus

More.

The three we got plus...

Keepers world class save from Sinisterra on to the post.

Rutter dragging one wide in our first real chance.

Rutter missing 1 v 1 second half. Dreadful finish.

Sinisterra when he danced inside two defenders and then blazed wide.

Rodrigo had a couple of half chances.

Bamford had a couple of half chances.

Bamford missed a 1 v 1.

Couple of certain penalties too.

We had alot of chances today even though we were largely poor.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023

11. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Surprised at some having a go at Roca. Thought he was fantastic today, really made us tick in the middle which was difficult as Greenwood was awful. Really bad, worst I've seen him.

Harrison is bang in form and I think I'm right in saying that he now has 5 assists and 2 goals this season. That's pretty good considering he's not been 1st choice.

Sinisterra looked rusty but he oozes quality. His movement in and outside just leaves defenders confused. Scored one, missed a sitter after cutting inside and hit the post. Did the keeper get a touch to that btw? This lad can kee us up on his own if we can get the ball to him.

Bamford linked up well and was constantly hauled to the ground. Looks in good form.

Georginio is rapid. He's big. He can play with both feet. Is very direct. Played a couple of lovely passes. Good debut but should have had a couple himsel

Was looking forward to hearing from you and agree with all the above <ok>

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With VAR we’d have definitely had two penalties, possibly three

Irishshako, Whitejock and NostradEmus like this.
  13. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Come on Rich we're Leeds FFS.

14. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footb...atch:145411/accrington-stanley-v-leeds-united

I didn't see the game but the ratings for Firpo suggest he didn't do too badly. We all know that he's not great defensively, I said that when I watched the last game, but he offers us a bit going forward. In the very short highlights I saw he was quite involved going forward and his one two with Bamford (Paddy's touch was sublime) was very good. He also didn't fluff his lines with his wrong foot.
    I'm only jumping to his defence because I think he gets a bad rap on here. He's a bit part player so the fact that he chippied in with a goal should give the lad a break. The rating sites make him no worse and usually better than Koch and Kristensen.
    I don't want to offend but are you confident that every player starts each game with a clean slate?

foolee, NostradEmus and Jammy 07 like this.
  15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Plus we’d miss them anyway <doh>

Makemstine Roger and Jammy 07 like this.
  16. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Every player has history some good some bad some absolutely sh!!!

17. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Yeh since Raphinha left it's back to business as usual from the spot.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  18. NostradEmus

He had the best 5 minutes of his career after he scored. He was aggressive, threw himself in to tackles, rampaged (yes...rampaged) up and down that wing like Mel Sterland. Then the game slowed for a couple of minutes and his new winger just ran in behind without Junior even knowing he had come on. I bet he's **** at hide and seek. I think he just switches off to be honest.

In all honesty, he did fairly well 2nd half but whilst we're being honest, he was ****ing terrible first half.

Irishshako likes this.
  19. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Thought Bamford did well today under his circumstances seemed to have come back really sprightly. Don't care what people say we do miss him he does alot of work to knit the team together he really links us up well at times. Said it before but him and Rodders are the complete opposite Bamford holds all the cards on breaking up play. holding the ball and the passing and linking up yet Rodders is the best finisher. I really hope he can stay fit. he starts every game in front of Rodders for me when fit. Nothing against Rodders just think Bamford offers more to the team even though Rodders would bash him up if both had 100 shots each target practise.
    We won and we progress. home game next please. Lets get some consistency to this side now because it's time to produce. just playing well doesn't keep you in the Prem we have to put both things together now and be consistent and rack up a few wins in a run of games.

Makemstine Roger and foolee like this.
  20. Easternwhite

Easternwhite Well-Known Member

Absolutely, he looks like quality