1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Accies at home

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by San Diego, Oct 17, 2020.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

He's a football manager, he should have known it wouldn't work from the start, not after 45 wasted minutes.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Yes!!!!!

Sears scores....because he was in the middle.

3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Our boy Freddie scores! Long overdue. 2-0 up, lets push on for strong finish.

4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Opportunity for Keanon, on for Judge, chance to shine.

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Nice, another win and three points in the bag!

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Game of two halves, well played 2nd half. Still top and unbeaten.

Enjoying our footie again. But we do need those injured to go to miracle healer!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Onwards and upwards.

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Well alright then, we stay top.

First half was a failed experiment, one that in my opinion should never have been tried. Out of all of our midfielders Judge would be the last one I would select to play as a lone striker. The most frustrating thing about Alan is that he has absolutely no positional discipline. Ask him to play wide and he's never there, leaving his full back exposed time and time again. Leading the line today he didn't do any of the ugly things that position needs. No closing down the CBs or keeping them occupied he was constantly dropping deep in search of the ball and Sears was the one who made the runs into the middle, leaving Kenlock on his own.

Second half was a different story. Sears in the middle, Edwards left and Judge right gave us much better balance and a central striker that did the things he should in that position. We kept possession much better and our attack was more connected with the changes made at half time. I'm glad we got the win because we didn't look like getting anything out of the match after Lambert's baffling starting line up.

Holy - Some good saves and catches, a couple of dodgy moments and clearances but all round a good game.
    Kenlock - better game today. Still on the cautious side although he did help out more in attack. Maybe getting a bit more confidence and match sharpness.
    Wilson - solid again.
    Nsiala - same as Wilson, solid in defence.
    Chambers - another good performance from Luke at RB.
    Dozzell - getting better at the defensive side of his position. Actually out-muscled his man a couple of times, looks like he's adding a bit more bite to his game to compliment his passing ability.
    Huws - better today, more involved in the play.
    Bishop - quiet first half, better second half.
    Sears - played more like a striker than Judge in the first half and then did what he should when given the central spot in the second.
    Judge - didn't play the central role very well and was also missing from the right side often after the break. Alan can only do one thing for a team and that's play a free role. Trouble is, not many teams can afford to just let one person wander about wherever they please. His inclusion in the team is detrimental to our shape and it always has been.
    Edwards - our most dangerous player at the moment, Gwion has had a fantastic start to the season.

What did I learn from the game today -

Edwards is better on the left
    Sears is better in the middle
    Judge on the field messes with our shape (I can't say I learnt that today as I've known for a very long time!)
    Lambert can still make strange decisions

Top of the league, enjoy your evening <ok>

9. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Really tough with only 1 fit striker and especially one who plays best off a big man. Good result considering the injuries and how few games that team has played over the past 2 seasons. There can't be many appearances between all of them over the past couple of seasons. Tougher tests to come, especially with our injury list, I'd be very impressed if we were top this time next month

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  10. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Sears is very underrated and would be a top striker in this division if he were allowed to play there. Unfortunately he's a victim of recent years where playing 2 up top has become very unpopular.

I really felt it we could get Sears and Norwood uptop together they would be the best strikeforce in the division.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.

11. Southcoastoldgaffer

Another very good summary SD. You are right, we have known about Judgy for a long time, so now should PL!
    Valuable 3 pts against a team that could have won the game in 1st half.

Love to hear Chambo playing well, 2nd boyhood, less gaffs.

San Diego likes this.