1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Academy Season 2012/13

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

How is Mesca doing? Is he injured still?

2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Very much so. So unfortunately is Moussa Dembele (although he's in the U18s).

Just on players, it was good to see Cauley Woodrow getting a step up to the U21s today.

3. Cottager58

Here is a more detailed match report from the Club -

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/november/19/u21s-v-middlesbrough

4. Cottager58

Here are video highlights - look out for Pat Roberts' (No. 11) first goal -

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/november/19/u18s-boro-highlights

5. Cottager58

6. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Evening lads, Liverpool fan here.

Just thought I would inform yourselves that Liverpool Under 18's take on Fulham Under 18's tommorow morning.

The game is scheduled to kick-off at 11AM and LFCTV will be showing the game live! Build-up begins at 10.45AM and it is available on Sky Channel 429.

<cheers>

7. Cottager58

Cheers Chris, helpful info. You've got a good squad but we'll be up for this one - revenge match! :emoticon-0112-wonde

8. Cottager58

Liverpool1 Fulham 2 (U18s)

Fulham went into the match knowing that a win or draw would mean Elite Group qualification. The team was:

Oberschmidt; Donnelly, Passley, O'reilly, Richards; Roberts, Sambou, Della Verde; Williams, Tankovic, Evans

Two early chances for Pat Roberts weren’t taken, then in the 12th minute L’pool scored - a shot rebounded off Oberschmidt and Sinclair hit it in. Fulham had a penalty appeal for hand ball on 34 mins turned down but one minute later Della Verde was brought down in the box and Tankovic scored from the spot.

Two mins later Williams scores but was ruled offside . It was a good open game with Fulham the better team but L’pool very quick on the break. Half time it stayed at 1-1.

The second half was fast flowing with both goal keepers busy, although poor finishing by both sides. Steve Wigley was ‘sent off’ by the ref after he had a go at the linesman for holding up Williams going back onto the pitch (he’d been off with a bloody nose). Liverpool seemed the stronger side in the last 20 minutes but 6 minutes from the end Tankovic burst into the box and passed to Evans who scored.

Tankovic was subbed by O’Halloran with 4 minutes to go and then Burgess came on for Roberts, as Fulham held out for a fantastic win.

COYYW

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good match, and plenty of reasons for us to be optimistic about the next generation. Thanks, as ever, Cottager.

10. Cottager58

Chelsea 3 Fulham 0 (U21s)

The U21s took on Chelsea tonight at the re-arranged venue in Cobham (behind closed doors). Before the game only 2 pts separated the clubs with Fulham having a game in hand.

Two players still technically on loan, Jesse Jorenen an Matthew Briggs, were called in because of depleted resources. The Fulham team was:

Joronen; Brister, Grimmer, Musa, Briggs; Minkwitz,. Donegan, Pritchard, Banya; Altman, Islamovic

Only limited information about the actual match I&#8217;m afraid:

Chelsea had the big guns out - Ambramovic, Benitez and Terry - watching and saw them go 1-0 up after 16 mins (Ake). They added a second after 35 mins (Feruz). For some reason Fulham completely lost shape and Chelsea took full advantage - 4 mins before half time they went further ahead. (Philip).

Fulham rallied in the second half but were always playing second fiddle. By all accounts Chelsea were just too strong and pacy.

11. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Is Kasami not even playing for the U21s? Not a good sign...

12. Cottager58

Here are match reports from the respective camps :

Chelsea -

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2992459/title/under-21-report-chelsea-3-fulham-0

Fulham -

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/november/26/u21s-v-chelsea

13. Cottager58

This fabulous win confirms the U18s place in the Elite Group stage. Unfortunately the Club have only posted a video of the goals (there's a fuller version on the Liverpool site but that is pay per view). Here is ours -

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/november/27/u18s-highlights

14. Cottager58

15. Cottager58

And another of our talented youngsters, Pat Roberts, played for England in the 1-0 win over Scotland in tonight's Victory Shield match.

please log in to view this image

16. Cottager58

Chelsea 2 Fulham 2 (U16s)

We haven't heard from the U16s for a while. By all accounts they played really well as a team in this drawn match against Chelsea and with a fair wind, would have won. The Fulham goals were both scored by an American trialist (I'm not sure about this, but I think he is Jeremy Burgess).

Anyway, well done the youngsters.

17. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Just thought I would pop on here to inform you that Fulham Under 21's host Liverpool Under 21's in the Under 21 Premier League.

Kick-off is at 2PM & build up begins at 1.45PM. LFCTV (Sky channel 429) will be showing the game live!

18. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Afternoon lads, here is my review of the game for those of you who may be interested.

Full-Time: Fulham Under 21's 1-2 Liverpool Under 21's.

-

-

From a Liverpool point of view, I though Fulham did well. We are the only Under 21 side still unbeaten so I was feeling reasonably confident going into the game. In the first 15 minutes, Liverpool were on top and got that early goal which was vital for us.

After that, you got right back into it. Felt the rest of the game was fairly even with both having chances to get more goals. If you had taken one of those chances, you could have got a point and I would have said that would have fair. As I mentioned in my review, Kasami missed a big chance late on to get a point. Did well in the game but he will rue missing that chance.

19. Cottager58

Cheers Chris. That's pretty much how I saw it. Here's my report (obviously with a little home team emphasis !)

Fulham 1 Liverpool 2 (U21s)

The U21s took on league leaders Liverpool at Motspur Park watched by Martin Jol. The Fulham team was :

Etheridge; Brister, Arthurworrey, Grimmer, Briggs; Chriistensen, Tavares, Kasami;Altman, Wooodrow, Banya

Liverpool were quick from the start. They scored after 3 mins. when Briggs was guilty of a weak attempt to tackle Morgan, who walzed round him to side foot the ball past Etheridge. Liverpool kept up a high tempo but gradually Fulham got back into the game and despite a heavy pitch started putting passes together.

Briggs had a strong run forward after 18 mins. But, in front of the goal, shot weakly straight at the keeper from 10 yards. Kasami started to come into the game and 3 minutes later in a great one/two with Woodrow was unlucky to be ruled offside. He then put Woodrow through on the right but the Liverpool defence shrouded him out.

Five minute before half time Fulham were level with Cauley Woodrow crashing the ball home from an acute angle. The team kept up the pressure and were on top by half time.

Fulham started strongly in the second half and a great run by Tavares, combining with Kasami, saw his shot saved by the keeper. Then 10 minutes in and against the run of play Liverpool broke and Etheridge knocked down a long shot to Adorjan who scored their second from close in.

Fulham pressed back and Kasami put Tavares through only for him to shoot wide. Banya and Christensen were replaced by Donnegan and Pritchard with 25 minutes to go but another fumble by Etheridge nearly let Liverpool in again. With Liverpool playing deep to hold there lead, Fulham had to re-organise when Brister was injured and Minkwitz came on. Chances fell to Woodrow in the 70th and 75th minutes - the second a great bycyle kick that went just wide. The best opportunity to equalise however was wasted when three minutes from time when Kasami took the ball from Woodrow&#8217;s toes as he was about to shoot and himself shot tamely at the keeper.

Fulham&#8217;s more senior player&#8217;s, Briggs, Tavares and Kasami faded as the game wore on. Arthurworrey promoted from the U18s was probably Fulham&#8217;s best player, especially with a number of strong forward runs in the second half (although his distribution could be better).

Overall it was a pretty even game with Liverpool&#8217;s strength and experience seeing them through, but Fulham will certainly rue those defensive blunders by Briggs and Etheridge.

20. Cottager58

Fulham 3 Leyton Orient 0 (U18s)

The U18s continued their good run of form in this friendly against Orient last Saturday. I don't have any team details, only this video clip of the goals -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mygsx3DOrNE

From what I can make out the scorers were Muamer Tankovic, George Williams and Moussa Dembele - guess work really but if it was the young Moussa who got the third that's excellent news because it means he's back from injury.