1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Academy chief walks out on United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Jan 14, 2016.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

And right on cue here comes, UIR, the brainwashed idiot

2. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

I don't think you know an awful lot about the youth levels. Not surprising as you've only recently found out that they exist, after years of your club dismissing it as a hindrance than something to be proud of.

But while we do have issues, we've not won in 10 at under 18 level, we still produce morenand win a comparative amount of silverware at those younger levels. Meaning the production hasn't stopped, the basis on which to nurture young players is changing though, and only bodes well for the countries top acadamy.

If you join the United acadamy, chances are, you will be a professional footballer down the line. You know, the entire, sole, single point of a youth acadamy.... To produce.

At least now Mr Chelsea has been sacked, and Chelsea ate barely a club anymore, you're thorn in the side youth acadamy might now survive. There were plans to scrap it because, as every good Chav knows, youth isn't important.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/oct/24/manchester-city-united-youth-policy

4. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

6. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nothing really new there tbh - same as all the other stories. And somewhat overdramatised imo - Everton opening up a satellite centre in Stretford is only matching what we have done for the past couple of decades in Liverpool and all the NW. What are we supposed to do in response, open another one in Liverpool?!

Only interesting point is when he said that we were identifying young players but City were paying much more for them. Is that us falling behind, or City just using their money to try and force their way ahead of everyone else in England? Their academy is largely an FFP dodge, and we don't really have the same issues so don't need to divert money to young players to try and get it out of fair play calculations.

Guess that raises the question of whether we should be looking at our academy as a way for the most talented young players to reach the first team, or as a production line to buy youngsters from all over the world and sell them on for money later.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

U21s beat the league leaders Sunderland 1-0 tonight, they are now 3 points off top with 3 games in hand.
    Tonight also makes it a full year since they last lost a game at home.

8. OnlyJuanThingMata

A bit rich for a Chavski fan to talk up our academy like that. Aren't you aware John Terry is still the only academy product playing regularly despite playing his first game back in 1998?!?!

Can you tell me how many are currently playing for the feeder club in the Netherlands?

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. That's the Salford Way.

Actually you're more likely to have a knife pulled on you in Salford.

10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

33 all together.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I take it the other 32 are at other clubs?

Missing the point that I'm afraid. The idea behind United's academy, I can't speak for Chelsea, is to produce players to play for us, not to sell for a meagre fee or pointlessly loan out.

12. OnlyJuanThingMata

I totally agree. Even in the current malaise, Lingard, Brotwhick-Jackson, Varela, Januzaj, and McNair have all made league starts.

How many starts did Loftus-Cheek had?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  13. Blueman

I wasn't trying to make any point. He asked and I told him.

14. Blueman

You're quite excited about this aren't you. <laugh>

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think his answer is that 33 of Chelsea's academy players are on loan at other clubs.

Boosts their value when they sell them for FFP purposes <ok>