1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aberdeen v Hibs

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by Psychosomatic, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

Crucial week coming up. Crucial.

Hibs at home (today), St Johnstone away (on Wednesday) and then Hibs away in the Scottish cup. The 3-0 and 4-1 defeats against ICT and Motherwell were dire, and harked uncomfortably back to the recent past when everything was dire and severe pastings were a part of life.

Anyway…..

Clark Roberston: We need to get back to defending better and taking our chances up field, and we'll definitely win games with the players we have got. If we were to win the next two league games and the Scottish Cup tie we would go on a fantastic run and there is no reason why we can't finish high up the league. Sunday is crucial [there's that word again] to give us confidence going into the other two games, against St Johnstone in the league and Hibs in the Scottish Cup. There is no reason why we can't. Everyone is capable of beating everyone in this league and we definitely have a strong enough team to do it.

Prediction: Aberdeen 2 Hibs 1

Attendance prediction: 10,001

Stupid kick-off time today, which probably means the game is being shown on the much-loathed SKY.

2. Psychosomatic

Here is the (Aberdeen home game) Attendance Prediction League as it currently stands, with the number after each name representing the closest each person has come to predicting an attendance:

1) Eric Cartman...................78
    2) Johnny Rep...................277
    3) Surreal Dance...............383
    4) Psychosomatic...............424
    5) Pud………………………………...505
    6) MD 20/20......................571
    7) Sunlini…………………………....618
    8) Bhoy From Brum…………....800
    9) MalteseMick...................854
    10) Fabulous Fabio..............968
    11) Tina...........................3456
    12) Edge…………………………....3525

Feel free to take make a prediction, whether you’ve done so already this season or not. All predictions to be in by five minutes before kick-off. <grr>

3. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

0-0 borefest

4. Psychosomatic

Spooky. I was going to predict 9878, but couldn't make myself go beneath 10,000. I had it typed in and everything. I bring you this news for free.

I'll settle for 0-0, just so long as we win against St Johnstone, knock Hibs out of the cup next weekend and then win our following two league games (at home to Dundee and St Mirren). If this all comes to pass, everything will be fine in the world and we'll definitely finish second.

Fact.

5. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

6. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. Psychosomatic

A lovely, positive prediction, Pud, filled with the feelgood factor and a warming inclusivity. Well done. It’s beautiful to see you develop in this way.

To be honest, this is just the sort of racist outburst I’ve come to expect from you, Mick.

8. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I was going to go for 9,876 but then I thought it was far too ordered and neat so I flipped the 6 for a 9.

If the attendance is 9,876 I'll probably kill myself in a dramatic and newsworthy fashion.

9. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thank you - to be recognised for my growth means a lot ... I'll also be positive and say 2-1 to Aberdeen

10. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

It&#8217;s not racism, it's ethnic criticism Bill.

11. Psychosomatic

The spookiness continues....and I hear what you're saying about something being too ordered and neat and needing to adjust things accordingly. Well done. I imagine you'll feel like someone who has used the same numbers every week for the lottery finding out that he failed to buy a ticket on the one occasion these numbers actually came up - if you find out the attendance is 9,876. Exactly like that, in fact.

I tell you what, we'll be the envy of the dinner party set with our sparkly conversation here, Stereo. People should hire the two of us out as entertainers.

Good man. You go from strength to strength. (Although, the game is looking pretty miserable to date - 0-0 at half-time, just starting the second half.)

Don't be getting smart with me, sonny. <grr>

12. Psychosomatic

Attendance: 7184. Oh my God. I blame Sky.

Well done with your prediction, Stereo, although to call it a “bore-fest” was maybe a bit harsh. I was jolted awake a couple of times as seagulls flew past the camera and skraiked. I’ll take my entertainment where I can find it.

I'm embarrassed for you. Sharpen the **** up.

Disgusting.

11350.....<doh>

13. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

well there goes my positivity and confidence ... I'm away to sit in my car in the garage - not decided whether to turn engine on tho!

14. Psychosomatic

Ach, don't be killing yourself, Pud, not yet. I'm only utterly disgusted and raging at you because I so want you to do well. We're on this journey together, I feel, and your consistent failures hurt me. That's all.

Right so, that'll be me off. Have a good Sunday (or what's left of it), mister. (Maybe the semi-final is today, actually? Hmm. Yes, I think it is. I'm glad that's sorted. Good luck with that, then - an excuse to drink yourself stupid if you win. Always a bonus.)

15. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And that was the kiss of death ...

Its been an emotional roller coaster psycho ... An emotional ****in roller coaster

16. Psychosomatic

Oh dear. I just saw the score on the news. That's a sore one for you. If Neil Lennon's comments after the match are anything to go by, though, Celtic entirely deserved to lose.

I quite liked his comments, actually, in so far as they were a relief from the usual tired excuses. We were gutless, listless, uninspired and absolutely ****e, he seemed to be gently hinting, and a great many of my players will be immediately despatched to the abattoir, the shirking ****ing ****s.

Or similar.

St Mirren v Hearts in the final.....I'll be happy for either to win, although my slight preference would be for St Mirren.