1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aaron Ramsey set to leave after club withdraws contract offer

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Sep 27, 2018.

1. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I don't know, it is tough these days for a player to take "The game by the scruff" the way that they used to. Most managers and teams these days have the game sense to mark a player out of the game if they need to.

De Bryne and Hazard don't "Take the game by the scruff" much either these days, if they ever did.

I think a lot of the Ozil talk is just talk, and the press making stuff up. Ozil is a striker more than a midfielder and we are going to have games where we play 1 or 2 strikers, and depending on how we are playing, he may not be the best for the team. Bear took me to task for calling Ozil a "Luxury player". What I meant by that is that he isn't a player that will suit every game. He is going to be good against some teams and not so good against others. I kind of meant it like a luxury car. It isn't one you use every day. It is going to sit in the garage some weeks, and the wife may say you should get rid of it.

That doesn't mean that Ozil isn't worth having; in any case I don't think at 30 anyone will want his wage bill. Personally, I think Emery and Ozil will be fine. By all accounts Ozil is a hard worker and a total professional. I don't think any of the press know anything more than we do. I don't think he is going anywhere, and I don't think Arsenal fans should want him to.

We always clamour for new players and then when they show up and can't walk on water we tear them down, and move on to some new hope. It really has to stop.

You talk about Dybala. He has been left on the bench twice by Juventus in Serie A this year. He has played more minutes and scored less goals than Ozil.

We need to support our players better.

gooner4ever likes this.
  2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Multiple reports saying Ramsey has signed a deal with Juventus starting in the Summer.

3. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I have to say hats off to Ramsey for his performance on saturday.

He's still putting in the effort even though he has secured his move to Juve. Will be a shame to see him go.

5. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I think more so it will be a shame not to get £40m or so for him. I dont mind so much that he is leaving.