1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aaron Ramsey set to leave after club withdraws contract offer

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Sep 27, 2018.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Also I have a feeling that he's physically past his best. When was the last time he dominated a game? Top talent but is a player that relies on his physical attributes.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Would love Martial at Arsenal.

white_gunner likes this.
  3. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Swap with Ramsey in January

PINKIE likes this.
  4. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

What kind of prices are you guys quoting?

We rejected 50m from United in the summer,he has Juve interested to make him sign a pre contract in January,Both Chelsea and Liverpool want him,under Saari a d Klopp he will easily be the next Lampard.

He is a very unique player in modern day football and on form probably the best box to box player in the world,he has stayed with without flirting anywhere and scored 2 fa cup final winners including one that ended our trophy drought,hes an asset our assest if we put the right conditions around him he will be great,hes only 27 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBear likes this.
  5. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

<laugh>
    <laugh>
    <laugh><laugh><laugh>
    He's stayed with us because he's paid loads to do nothing but be bang average. He wouldn't get a game at any other top club. He's had the right conditions for years. And he's ****. And now he's playing for a manager who won't tolerate mediocrity he's suddenly looking to leave? Coincidence? I think not. Everton or West ham here he comes.

blukyt and straycat_67 like this.
  6. ArtisanWenger

Then why aren’t West Ham and Everton strongly linked with him but rather Juventus,United and Liverpool.

His right conditions are he gets a defensive midfielder who can pass as his partner in a double pivot.He flourished alongside Arteta but the latter wasnt good enough defensively so the team suffered,our solution was a coquelin and cazorla midfield while a b2b deep midfielder was shifted to the right wing,then he was paired with Xhaka and we al about the defensive prowess of the latter.

Its now that he finally has torreira who can win balls and pass,guve him a chance.

Unai emery came into the club stating auba and ramsey as the players he would like to build the team around

7. ArtisanWenger

And this maybe the reason why Aaron's contract offer was withdrawn,he is not a safe passer who is defensively aggressive nor one who makes the side tick and balances attack and defence to play in the current central midfield,he is a joker card at number 10 but not essential if we can get the best out of Mesut Ozil.

If this was the Ramsey of 2013 with all his stamina and drive covering ground and only using the very best of chances to bomb forward and not all..he may have had a place but he could never be that which is why we had been looking for a pure dmf in the first place since 2014.

8. TheBear

I think Klopp would get a lot out of Ramsey.

He is a goal threat and always full of running. The issue for me though is in terms of passing/creativity/playmaking he has not improved at all in the last 7-8 years in that area. (which is funny because when he first broke into the side this was his strongest asset)

When you compare him to Ozil, Isco ,Coutinho, Iniesta, DeBruyne - he is well below that level.

9. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

This year Ozil is more of a goal threat, particularly when Ramsey isn't on the pitch and Ozil gets the #10 position.

gooner4ever likes this.
  10. ArtisanWenger

True,we can do away with him to a foreign club but do it at home to someone like Liverpool or Chelsea and we will regret it,he will be right at home in the former with his stamina,geggen pressing creating chances for him which he will finish off and lets not forget he is one of the few brits with such excellent technique,plus having such a good front three means he will often be the extra man making their attack unplayable..
    He will be optimized in a different way at Chelsea where besides Hazard they almost have no goalthreat so he will have all the freedom and flourish there as well with sarri being such a an attacking manager practicing a good balance of possession and pressing but super fast passing, meaning his late runs in to boxes will be deadly.

We can only do away with him now because our central midfield requires players with different traits to him and we have Ozil to play number 10.

Please trade him with Rabiot whos refused an umpteenth contract offer and is in the same situation as ramsey,he is literally a better a Xhaka,more mobility,effectively deals with pressing,less physically strong but 3 years younger.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    gooner4ever likes this.

11. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Swap with Rabiot yes please!

However..... Never going to happen. Because Rabiot is quality. And Ramsay is festering turd.

12. TheBear

More outlets confirming he will be leaving in the Summer.

Accordng to the Mirror Raul Sahlelli met with Ramsey last week before the Lisbon match.

“Ramsey has been told in no uncertain terms that there is no way back and he has no long-term future at Arsenal – although he will continue to be used by Unai Emery before his departure.”
    The Mirror claim Ramsey was told the club are going in a ‘new direction’ and he doesn’t fit in with where the Gunners are heading.

This all makes you wonder what Ramsey was pushing for and how big a part has his agent played in this mess? He was obvioulsy playing hardball looking for a big wage but It seems this has totally backfired on him. And no wonder - he's not worth more than 100k a week! I'm sure the media are going to push the narrative we've lost a great player blah blah blah.. Would I prefer we kept him? Yes..he seems like a nice guy, he's a goal threat but Ramsey is really nothing special - the guy has not progressed in years. When you look at Torreira and even Guendouzi its clear we can bring in better players for less cash.

If I'm honest I actuyally think Mustafi, Elneny, Cech, Ramsey, Chambers, Jenkinson will all be sold/released within the next 9 months.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Dunno about that fella. Apparently he has a better ‘minutes to chances created’ than Ozil so far this season. And he always offers a goal threat.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46044105

Not sure what’s happened, but there’s clearly been a big break down in the relationship between the club and player. If it’s because he (his agent) is trying to hold us over a barrel for a £350k wage, then we’re right to **** him off.

But it still stands that we’re going to lose a £30m player for nothing in the summer (unless we can do a similar deal with Utd and swap him for Mata, who’s also out of contract in the summer)

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mustafi I would keep. Possibly Chambers. But yeah the others are toast. The lad who came in at CB last night did a good job and looked pretty solid.

15. TheBear

He's asking for a TOP wage. Most outlets claiming the same as Ozil. Which puts him in the same bracket as Silva, Coutinho, De Bruyne, Isco, Modric, Rodriguez etc.. and lets be honest here he is nowhere near that calibre of player.

I like him as a player but he is clearly a step below the elite players in his position.

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Thing is, there clearly wasn't a £350k offer on the table, but there was a contract offer there. So you'd guess it was maybe £180-£200k ? And Ramsey himself said that he thought it was done. But whatever deal the club had initially sanctioned, was then withdrawn. Moreover the club didn't then come back with another offer.

So if it was about money, and the club thought he was asking too much, then why would they offer a contract (at around £180k for example) and then withdraw it, and not offer one at say £150k ? They've basically just pulled the plug completely and told Ramsey he has no future at Arsenal.

ArtisanWenger likes this.
  17. TheBear

True - well maybe Emery just doesnt feel he fits the side.
    He's not really creative enough for the No.10 role (particulraly now with the current system - with two deep mids the AMF/10 has to be the main creative outlet for the forwards to feed off) and he's not disciplined enough for the deeper role.

He needs a team that will allow him a free role in midfield. I could see him doing well at Liverpool.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

For me Ramsey is best when he's running onto balls fed into the box, so he's more of an ACM if anything. But as you say we have Ozil for that who is infinitely more creative. Ramsey is too slow with his play in CM and often goes sideways and backwards when we're crying out for a forward pass. He's certainly no deep lying midfielder either.

19. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

As a Premier League player he should stand out in the Wales team at international level, unfortunately he often goes missing. If Arsenal want to move on to seriously compete at Champions League level Aarons days are numbered.

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You sure you ain't just saying that because of the Cardiff connection ? For me he does stand out in the Wales team, along with Bale. He also has some big games for Arsenal, and scores some really important goals, I can't help think that we'll miss him. But I'd like to see us bring somebody in with better quality and consistency.