1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Slightly Below Bar Bowling Performance, Another Spineless Batting Effort.

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by Dangerous Marsupial, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Even with a second string bowling attack we still kept Australia to a total that's possible to chase. Once again, another bowler [Plunkett] comes into the squad and delivers the goods. And once again our batting line-up disintegrates in the way only England can.

Andrew Strauss never really got going, most of the time with him he gets out very early or gets out for a fifty. Sorry to any Surrey fans but Steven Davis looks hopelessly out of his depth in ODIs, whilst he is better than Kieswetter, I don't see why we need to be grooming a new limited overs keeper when Prior is perfectly good for the job. We'd of been better with a specalist batsman. Trott didn't get going either, and to be honest once he was gone, I kind of knew we would implode.

KP was awful today, didn't deserve the 24 he got. I only hope we see the KP who won us the world T20 or who hit 200 in the Ashes comes the world cup rather than this one. Ian Bell never got going either, in the whole limited overs series he has looked a different and much worse player than the one who was pure class in the Ashes.

Matt Prior actually played well - I'm very glad he's down the order where I feel he can play much better. Got a little short of a 50 thanks to a great catch, so maybe a little unlucky. Luke Wright also played quite well; and well Luke Wright looks like your second best batsman you know you're in trouble, and compared to the top 5, he's looked like Sachin Tendulkar.

As I'm writing this the match is actually still going. Once again the tail is wagging, with a danger of Yardy being top scorer. If Finn and Anderson can slog out like they did before, we could pull off a miracle win and I'd look a bit of an idiot for writing this, although the points are here and are true.

But that won't happen so I'm here watching England free-fall to another 6 - 1 annihilation by Australia for the second time after an Ashes series - you wouldn't believe we had beaten them 3 - 2 last year and all I can say is; it's not looking good for the world cup.