1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A positive thought.

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Mike_Holmes1990, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

They should have known better.

What did you do next??

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

That was actually the last time I played XI-a-side in an organised team. In London I mainly played five-a-side, between '06-'09 we had Ipswich Town vs the World @ Mile End Stadium once a week. By some strange coincidence half the lads were Town fans.

3. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I was having this conversation at work this morning..

When I moved to the midlands I joined a Saturday team, played a couple times for the Ressies, banged in a couple of hat tricks and spent the rest of that season & next playing for the 1st team, scoring a few here and there.

I instantly knew they were a bunch of scallys but I liked playing football so turned a blind eye (and deaf ear) to some of their nonsense and kept myself to myself, though I wasn't exactly enjoying it.. Then one match our Left Mid (white lad) racially abused our Centre Mid (Black lad) and then a brawl took place in the centre circle between the two.. with plenty of abuse being hurled by other team mates and the crowd.

It was then that I decided I didn't like football enough for that. Even though I was being paid to play (taking home over £100 a month), I'd rather not have to spend time with people who I would never consider associating myself with in any other situation... Not stepped onto a full size football pitch in 4 years.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Goodness, what a shocker, Scowey! It's what we come across and experience in our own lives that shapes & defines us, for better or worse.
    My last game of footie, in a regional cup final (in Malaysia mind!) was back in 1983! I was the only whitie and never felt a whisper of malice, unkind words let alone racism.

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

My last game of footie was a beach game in the Maldives on my honeymoon 15 years ago,nearly melted in the heat!
    Worst thing was one of the locals mistook my Town shirt for Leicester!!

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Ha ha! Great place for a honeymoon!