1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A positive start

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Aug 8, 2018.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

We played well against Accrington and controlled the game for the most part, the new lads looked the business and hopefully the home support (or sections of it) will give them a chance before slaughtering them.
    We are 2nd in the league table, 1st (yes top) of the away form table, +2 goal difference, and 3rd in the overall Football League power rankings (obviously the premiership hasn't kicked off yet) let's end the season now.
    Ok that all sounds far too positive for a "grumpygit" so let's balance it with a little negativity, The pre-season games I saw left me feeling that we panic when things start to go wrong...…. we are playing some good free flowing football, can we maintain that as the pitches start to deteriorate during the winter...…..our style is built on speed, fast players normally suffer a lot of hamstring type injuries, can/have we sufficient cover to avoid disruption if this occurs.

At the moment I am nervously optimistic that we could, maybe, possibly, if things go well, have a reasonable-ish, ok, sort of acceptable season, on the other hand I might just be getting carried away.

Definitely wearing a white jacket with the sleeves fastening at the back.

brb likes this.