1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

They use robot's wielding whips. I think the race below was a major race in the UAE. At about 4:40 into the race, the camel with maroon saddle charges to the front and makes a bold run for the line. The eventual winner settles mid field on the fence. Bright yellow with black spots.

I think it's a million dollar race from last year.

As We Know and Reebok like this.
  2. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

I found the Touring Car racing at the side of the track more exciting <laugh>

SwanHills, Cyclonic and Ron like this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You should go into the Hospitality Suite Reebs

Cyclonic likes this.
  4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Think you mean 'stretched limousine' racing? I fell asleep watching those bloody camels. How did they make them race with no live jockey? Used to be real live Pakistani kids, but this was stopped after some kind of uproar.

5. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Yeah, what's the death of a kid from time to time? <laugh>

6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola moaning about having to play two football matches in a week. They all have 25 man squads to choose a team from but insist on some playing 180 minutes football for tens of thousands of pounds per player a week and it is just too much for their little cherubs.

Maybe they should send their players down to the local hospitals in Manchester and Liverpool to do at least a 2,400 minute week for just a few tens of thousands of pounds a year.

I hope Pep fined Kevin De Bruyne a week’s wages for sending the goalkeeper the wrong way on the penalty and missing the target. <doh>

Bustino74 and Tamerlo like this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody advert "challenging" you to spot the vegetable "hidden" in the grid. I glanced up and a vegetable and a fruit jumped out. (5 secs later (maybe more) she says and when you have done that find the hidden fruit to win £12000 <doh>

Call charges £10 or something like that

How may idiots do they reckon are going to call?

It is an insult to the intelligence of TV viewers and shouldn't be allowed. I recall some ruling that you can only run prize giving ads if there is some sort of quiz involved. FFS

8. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Another thing that gets on my wick is people who live overseas for tax reasons (so not you Ron, Oddy and Swanny) yet feel they have the right to have any opinions on the UK. Tax dodgers were disliked but understood when the tax rate was 97% but 40/50% come on. Sean Connery, a great actor but could have done without his opinions on Scottish Independence. Soon as he made Dr No he moved to Acton High Street: a sign of bigger aims. I refuse to listen to Lewis Hamilton on any subject that concerns the UK.
    I'm sure he's very upset about that.

Ron likes this.
  9. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

That advert for ‘Google Reviews’.

It should be a bit more honest: Dear digital slave, when you have finished buying stuff cheaply on Amazon and Ebay, come to our data mining site and review one of the small businesses in your neighbourhood that they are helping to put out of business. The only ones that will be left will be the hairdressers, nail salons and tattooists that you cannot do online.

10. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Politically correct virtue signalling Christmas TV adverts.

The father is BAME, the mother is white and none of the kids look anything like the parents – the nuclear family that does not register on the Geiger counter unless he married her to stay in the country and the kids are adopted illegal immigrants. No-one obviously LGBTQ though...

11. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

I posted a few months back. On tv adverts 90% of families have to be mixed race. Completely patronising as fcuk.
    Mass over representation, real equality escapes these woke idiots.

Reebok and Ste D like this.
  12. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Why would it bother you? What difference does the colour of the skin of actors in adverts make? Your life must be pretty ****ing empty if that's something to get worked up about

13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

The other week I was channel hopping early evening Saturday and the 1980 film “Flash Gordon” was on so I watched it because I have not seen it for years. Brian Blessed as Voltan, Timothy Dalton as Barin, Topol as Dr Hans Zarkov, Sam Jones as Flash and the music by Queen. I remember seeing it at the cinema.

Now it seems that, forty years after the fact, the British Board of Film Classification have decided that Ming the Merciless (Max von Sydow) is a ‘discriminatory stereotype’ and his appearance could be ‘dubious if not outright offensive’, so they have given it a 12A classification. Is nothing sacred from the invasion of wokeness?

When are they going to reclassify the Carry On films? <laugh>

14. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Is there anything that they cannot get Philip Schofield to advertise?

When I have sold my car, I can use the money to get gin delivered to my doorstep. <doh>

Ron likes this.
  15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The latest bloody condescending "Thank you for reaching out to us". I'm not reaching out to you, I'm ****ing complaining. Bound to be of American origin

Bustino74 and Resurgam like this.
  16. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

According to the advertisement being run by the NHS, I definitely do not have plague; not even asymptomatically.

My fingers are not green and when I exhale I do not see clouds of green mist.

If the plague is that easy to spot they should just round up those people and let the rest of us get back to normal life.

17. SwanHills

Yankee English, Ron, as you say, used often by Amazon. I've got used to Amazon and get my own back by "reaching out" to their Bangalore (?) characters with a good old-fashioned bollocking.

Say, what a good way to answer one of QM's posts (something I rarely do)......."thank you for reaching out to a fellow member"......<whistle>:bandit:

Ron likes this.
  18. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Hare it, and totally destroys the meaning and power of the Four Tops great 1967 hit.
    But then Americans never had great use for the meaning of words

Tamerlo, Ron and SwanHills like this.
  19. SwanHills

Oh, that really is great by the Four Tops! Never heard that before, tks vm for clip! <ok>

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What???????????