1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Yesterday we saw two horror crashes in the bike GP racing. First up the Moto 2, then in the Moto GP machines. As bad as it looked, all riders managed to leave on their feet. There were some seriously lucky riders out there.

redcgull likes this.
  2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

You might want to check the date of my original post and let me know how many had died in the UK at that point.

Or you could just get a life and do something with a point instead of trolling on here :)

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  3. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

A proper dose of 'You lucky, lucky boy...!!' God only knows how no one got hurt here...

Cyclonic likes this.
  4. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

We know that Rishi Sunak is happy to waste taxpayers’ money to try and keep restaurants open in the early part of the week, despite no real evidence that this is an effective policy.

It seems that the Chancellor is happy to waste taxpayers’ money on advertising on commercial television as its revenues dwindle. So the latest disinformation from the government and/or NHS sees an actress standing in front of a hospital dressed as a nurse telling us: “Testing is free, quick and vital to stop the spread of coronavirus so let’s get tested”.

There is no such thing as free; and getting tested will only tell them whether you have coronavirus on the day the test is taken, possibly whether you have already had it (scientifically unproven how long any antibodies are retained) and nothing about your future chances of contracting it.

5. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

The BLM Broadcasting Corporation of bank holiday wokeness.

On Saturday morning, Radio 2’s Sounds of the Sixties was taken over by Martha Reeves (she of the Vandellas) and she played exclusively music by black artists of the Sixties. Anybody would think that the UK chart was dominated by such (mostly American) artists and that regular host Tony Blackburn never played any of them. Not true of course, Blackburn regularly features the likes of Stevie Wonder, the Drifters and Diana Ross and the Supremes.

Sunday afternoon’s Sounds of the Seventies will be taken over by Nile Rodgers (most famously associated with Chic) and he will be playing exclusively music by black artists of the Seventies. There were a few more of them in the UK charts and regular host Johnny Walker never plays any of them of course.

Fortunately for us stale pale males, the Great Gambo still got to do Pick Of The Pops on Saturday afternoon and was able to play Elton John and Kiki Dee’s 1976 duet and Spandau Ballet’s classic 1983 hit because that show counts down the Top 20 in this week for the featured years – whether the artists be black or white.

6. stick

stick Bumper King

Strictly Come Dancing 2020 is to have a lesbian contestant who will dance with a female professional. WTF. Does being a lesbian mean you really want to be a bloke or something? Ballroom dancing is couples, a man and a woman, is she going to dress as a bloke.
    THE WORLD REALLY HAS GONE BATSHIT CRAZY.

7. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

It's not about one of them wanting to be a bloke or take the role of a bloke it's about breaking from the old fashioned tradition that a couple has to be male and female

8. stick

stick Bumper King

That’s my point mate really, ballroom dancing is very traditional but of course that’s not good enough in the modern age, someone HAS to have their gender/sexual preferences recognised.

Dancingbraveforever likes this.
  9. smokethedeadbadger

I get what you mean but i think its just an attempt to break from that tradition because its outdated now and kids need to grow up knowing there's nothing 'abnormal' about same sex couples. So seeing it on tv and in everyday life it'll become normal and hopefully attitudes will change and homophobia will become less of a thing. Of course it'll never completely go away given that religion is the main cause of homophobia.

I'm in no way calling you homophobic here by the way, i know that wasn't what your post was about. And i get what you mean it seems so forced

rudebwoy and stick like this.
  10. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

There is something ‘abnormal’ about same sex couples. Did they not do biology at your school? As far as I can recall virtually every other species on the planet consists of males and females, with a minority of hermaphrodite species like snails and slugs. Male plus female is how most species continue to exist, therefore male plus male and female plus female is ‘abnormal’.

I have no problem with these ‘abnormal’ people but I do think they should keep it to themselves. From what I have read a Danish same sex couple won their ‘Dancing With The Stars’, but were they the best dancers or did they get the LGBTQ vote every week?

Surely they should have Dame Evelyn Glennie signed up to dance to music that she cannot hear. That would be some achievement, rather than just diversity box ticking.

11. smokethedeadbadger

Not worth responding

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  12. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Sue Barker: female, pale and stale :emoticon-0120-doh:
    Phil Tufnell: male, pale and stale :emoticon-0120-doh:
    Matt Dawson: male, pale and stale :emoticon-0120-doh:

Question Of Sport: time for some multicultural diversity :emoticon-0181-fubar

13. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

^^^^

please log in to view this image

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Time for a moan I reckon
    Referring to people on TV:
    People ending sentences and sounding as though they haven't finished the sentence or as if asking a question
    People starting every answer to a question with "So"
    People pronouncing "something" with a strong "k" at the end
    People emphasising "of" in "would of". WTF. Should not be saying that on TV; it's not even English
    Grown up people in adverts "talking" in baby voices

Feel a bit better now. Time for my medicine

15. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

The start every comment/answer with "so" or "basically" gets me as well.

Ron likes this.
  16. stick

stick Bumper King

Can I add to this the adverts that PCly now feature lesbians? We dont have to see them snog or grope each other to prove that you have been so ****ing "inclusive" in your ****y advert!

Reebok, Ron and redcgull like this.
  17. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Every family on tv adverts is mix raced....patronising as fcuk.

QuarterMoonII, Ron and redcgull like this.
  18. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

My neighbour is a fifty-something Scouser furloughed holiday rep. and her toyboy husband is from The Gambia. Are you telling me that every household is not that way?

19. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Yes, this strange verb "to of" still appears on this part of the forum from time to time. Tried to help one guy, but it's still being done. Really pisses me off, as you say, it's not even English, let alone good English! <yikes>

.............as for words in TV conversations, it has to be "you know" for me, and I wish people would learn a few synonyms for 'amazing'; there are a few, "you know"! <laugh>

Ron likes this.
  20. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

absolutely “