1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe we should have approved "stallions" and "mares" in the human race and no-one else is allowed to breed. That should solve a lot of probmens

2. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

The UK should certainly have a nuetering programme as we do not seem to want a decent justice system.

3. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Wasn't this like what Hitler wanted to do, well sort of? Met one guy years ago, when I was talking to a medium-size oil company on a contract, who was a product of one of the Nazi party's sex farms during WW2. Aryan and Blonde, didn't have a clue who his parents were, but seemed very proud of his birth details!

P.S. Nothing became of the talks I had; lucky really as the company was taken-over not long after.

rudebwoy likes this.
  4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

How you doing down there under King Marcus Swanny? Hope the brewery at Tegernsee is still open?

Whilst out cycling this morning I was toying with the idea that Germany's low death rate "due to" Coronavirus might have something to do with racial purity? Strong genes and all that? Surprised the AfD haven't claimed that one yet ;)

5. SwanHills

Oddy, great to hear from you again. Söder is doing OK I would say. Never liked him much before this Corona thing reared its ugly head, but I have definitely changed my mind on him. He is doing his damnedest to get people to stay at home, except for essential shopping trips, and cannot see what more he can do? Youngsters are a bit of a problem here, and often have to be cleared off the streets and banks of the Isar. They just do not seem to realise that, in many ways, the virus is very easy to catch, far too easy in fact. However, many people, including youngsters, are doing a great job in delivering food and medicine essentials to older folk, really very laudable response by these good folk. Public transport, in any form, is a definite no-no in my book, that has to be way too risky. So it's Shanks Pony for shopping (we go real early in the morning - best time). I guess Tegernsee Brewery is still open; just drink my usual one a day, and there are plenty of good alternatives!

Yes, the AfD will claim anything I guess, as long as it suits their basic agenda (which is a pretty nasty one!).

Sorry about this rambling reply to your post; seems I am very much out-of-practice :emoticon-0101-sadsm Just completed a 3-week Reha after OP (busted my hip in a fall) in an excellent clinic run for older Bürger, not too far from Munich. No Corona virus there as and when I left on Tuesday. They were very very smart by stopping all visitors right from the start. Wife and daughter came on the first day with me, then just a day or so after a complete embargo on visitors. Noticed one clinic up north only just decided to do this a few days ago; that was a huge error by its Chief Medical Officer, IMHO?

All the very best to you and your family, Oddy, keep well and take care. Are you basically working from home?

6. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Likewise great to hear from you Swanny, and good to hear you and yours are in good health. The "low-risk" approach to life is definitely the right horse to be on at this stage of the game. Many young people believe they are not in danger from this virus and they may well be right, but the problem is WHO they give it to. Beggers belief how many have died in Italy and Spain, is it their way of life and close family bonds across the generations that have proved so tragic?

I am on 2 weeks "enforced holiday" due to a partial company shutdown but it is exactly what I need - time and space to clear the head, take it really easy and just recuperate. Loving it.

Look after yourself down there Swanny <ok>

SwanHills likes this.
  7. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

A John Cadogan Rant.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

FFS ban that bloody advert about larf insurance. It's doing my head in. How the bloody marketing agency got paid for that I have no idea

9. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

I know nothing about the ad Ron, but I heard years ago that if the company name sticks in your head, the ad's done it's job.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not with me it hasn't Cyc. I have no idea what company is being advertised. I either reach for the mute button or change the channel whichever is the quicker (2 different remotes <doh>)

Cyclonic likes this.

11. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Soccer-Players union concerned about too many games as soccer restarts

Whinging footballers complaining they are playing too many matches and risking getting injured. <doh>

They get paid more for running around chasing a ball for 90 minutes once than a newly qualified nurse gets for working a whole year.

If they cannot manage two games of football a week, they should give it up and go and get a proper job.

Tom Finney used to go to work on a Saturday morning and then show up at Deepdale for three o’clock with his boots. No wonder you cannot get a plumber on a Saturday afternoon. <laugh>

SwanHills and Ron like this.
  12. SwanHills

Tell you what, you get yourself neutered and then tell us what it's like. One thing, you'd be eligible for a half-decent job in a harem in Saudi or the Emirates? <whistle> :bandit:

(..........or the Vienna Boys' Choir!)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

If you live outside Plymouth, you had never heard of Jack Leslie before today. It seems that he was a black footballer who played for Plymouth Argyle, got selected to represent England but was not allowed to play because he was black.

If the BLM crowd want a statue erecting to him outside the ground, they can reach in their own pockets and pay for it. In ten years time, nobody will remember why the statue was erected in a Devon maritime city that is over ninety per cent white. In the last 80 years, nobody campaigned to put up a statue because he played 400 times for the club and scored over a 100 goals but they now want a statue honouring his accident of birth.

When I was a child, the only non indigenous person in the village was Mrs Nicholson, the wife of a local school teacher. They had married in India when he was in the army in the Second World War. She was a housewife but that was obviously because she was Indian, so Indian Lives Matter will be demanding that a statue be erected to honour her for her accident of birth. Mr Nicholson was always very well turned out by her.

14. mallafets123

At least some ex-footballers on tv are now realising what BLM is and are no ,onger wearing the badge.
    Sport should not be getting involved in politics.

15. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

politics is life mal , sport is life mal , everything is touched by politics , saying keep it out , is saying keep things as they are ......i remember apartheid using that limp excuse when mandela was a terrorist on death row ......it was very wrong then , and very wrong now !

16. mallafets123

Of course politics involves us all but sport should be a time when people put society to one side and enjoy it for the skill and spectacle of what it is. Having politics involved and pushing it into your face like it is right now is not right imo.

17. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

sometimes things are more important than “ sport “ , all those sports people are saying so , in USA and many footballers here ........respect

18. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Bloody super glue that you can only use once...

Tesco Extra Strong Super Glue (3 grams) – Bonds in seconds
    Point the tube away from face.
    Remove nozzle cap.
    Apply one drop to one surface, then press parts together for 10 seconds.
    Replace nozzle cap.
    Next time you want to use it, remove nozzle cap and find that glue will not come out even if you stick a pin down the nozzle to unblock it. Tube has gone solid.

Wilko super glue pen (5 grams) – Bonds in seconds, non-clog
    Point the pen away from body.
    Unscrew cap only from the nozzle and the glue is ready to use.
    Apply glue to one surface only.
    Press both surfaces together firmly and hold until fully bonded.
    Replace cap after use.
    Next time you want to use it, remove cap and find that non-clog glue will not come out even if you stick a pin down the nozzle to unblock it.

They should be more honest with the marketing and label these things single use.
    So much for stuff “made in the UK”. Who sells “made in China” glue? Probably made from boiled down Uighurs.

Reebok likes this.
  19. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Give the WWF £3 a month and they will send you a cuddly toy Elephant, Rhino, Jaguar or Snow Leopard to help save them from extinction. Bollocks.

Somebody needs a bite from the reality sandwich. All these animals are going to end up extinct if poaching (for tusks, horns, furs, traditional medicine, whatever) is not stopped. What the WWF needs is £3 a month for ammunition: start shooting the poachers – it is the only solution.

smokethedeadbadger and Reebok like this.
  20. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Funny you mention Italy and Spain but not the UK.

What a good little serf you are <applause>