1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Here's the video of the ALB at Hasting going after that twat of a surfer.

2. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Must admit I was shocked to find Phil was married 20 years ago when I enquired, but there we are.
    I do find it hilarious that the World may be going to hell in a handcart but the BBC etc. fill their news shows with the ‘brave’ Philip Schofield

floridaspearl likes this.
  3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

News today is loaded with fluff. Personally, I don't give a flying fig about Brad Pitt's emotional Oscars speech or fancy cookies that look like your cat. ;)

Bustino74 and redcgull like this.
  4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

"Fluff" is a very polite way of describing it Cyc <laugh>

redcgull and Cyclonic like this.
  5. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

It doesn't say that the away teams have to pay, just that the Prem club will be invoiced. Refuse to pay, minnows - or withdraw your labour!

6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

UEFA decide that Man City have done something wrong.
    UEFA hold an inquiry where the only evidence is theirs.
    UEFA find Man City guilty and ban them from Europe for two years.

Not being a fan of any particular team, I do wonder why Man City have immediately decided to appeal the decision to the independent Court of Arbitration in Sport. Surely those billionaires that own the team cannot actually come up with evidence to win the case when money is no object and they can afford better lawyers than UEFA? Just like Paris Saint-Germain, they will have had plenty of ‘sponsorship’ from companies in Qatar and can quickly produce the evidence.

No need to investigate those Americans that own Man United and Liverpool as they would never do anything underhand because it is only a game and nothing to do with money. There would be no point in banning Man United from the Champions League anyway. <laugh>

karlos5001 likes this.
  7. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

One of the women in the office turned vegan recently, about 3 months now, reasoning that its to help save the planet and because her husband said it was the think to do. (he's a bit of a control freak by the sounds of it...) She has also tried to convince us in the office that we should all be turning vegan for at least 3 days of the week in order that we can all contribute to saving the planet, as obviously we don't care about the planet and global warming, over producing of live stock, killing animals the list goes on and on... But, today we have reached a new low in office diet, detox, vegan chatter...

Todays offering for lunch was Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle, to which I can hear you all say, dosn't that include chicken, says so in the outside of the pot...?? Cant she not eat anything that's had living creatures in it, like, a chicken...??

Well, we asked that very question only to be told that today's Pot Noodles are in fact vegan as they only have chicken flavouring NOT any actual chicken…!! To top the story off, she is only a vegan through the week as after a night out on the lash at the weekends she confessed to having in the past a KFC, chicken kebab and even had a dodgy burger from a street burger van when she was out in Liverpool last month...!!

You couldn't script it...:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Chaninbar and floridaspearl like this.
  8. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Hopefully now Coronavirus is killing everyone people will start washing their hands.
    I’m not holding my breath.

Bustino74 and Cyclonic like this.
  9. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Well I'm not holding it for you FP - at least not without latex gloves and a re-breather <laugh>
    Personally, as one of the likelier targets of this disease (elderly with underlying problems) I'm pretty much resigned to a "what will be, will be" state. Obviously I won't be going on holiday to China, but I've got a visit to Scotland planned for the summer, so I'll be gloved and suited for that :)

10. floridaspearl

Forever the optimist Reebs.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm staying put in the middle of our 50 acre farm <laugh>

Cyclonic, Chaninbar and redcgull like this.
  12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody hell, just heard that the French victims are being taken to Saint Lo Hospital. That's our hospital (20mins away door to door; done it many times)

13. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

Yikes! You may well have to stay in the middle of the farm. Do you have a good supply of ammo to keep the "unclean" at bay

Just hoping this all clears up and those affected make a full and quick recovery. I'm booked to go to Italy later in the year<yikes>

Cyclonic likes this.
  14. floridaspearl

I still haven’t managed to get a price about the festival being cancelled.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Early March we have someone coming to collect a racehorse from our yard to go back into training in England. Hopefully we will get to know if it is ever likely to win. It's done precious little in France but when it came to us a few months ago it looked very immature so not surprising he hadn't won anything. Been running in 8-10f races (5 claimers says it all). He's filled out a bit now but I wouldn't be expecting anything very soon. Now about to be trained for NH. Has some illustrious names on both sides of his pedigree so maybe, if he goes to a trainer who knows what he/she is doing, he may win something at some stage. Lovely nature. He's happy here so I hope he will be at least as happy where he goes

16. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Re the horse. Here's hoping he doesn't end up going into a fondue.

17. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Media sensationalism - witness the Coronavirus coverage with „lockdowns“ and „pandemics“. It’s a type flu ffs <doh> And btw the common and garden flu bug has killed nearly 300 and infected over 11,000 in Germany this winter. Keep it balanced people ffs.

18. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I see there are now people going by the title of ‘Flu Expert’ and, as a result, getting on / in practically every media broadcast and publication going. Although the one on the wireless last night who spoke about the Spanish Flu outbreak after World War II really wants to revise up on the subject a bit more.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Couple of irritating things.
    Yea no. Lost count of how many times I've heard that today
    Wtf is larf insurance?

20. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0140-rofl:<laugh>:emoticon-0136-giggl<rofl>