1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Yep the uses of VAR need clearly defining - these millimeter decisions are just ****e

2. NDS

NDS Well-Known Member

That I'm afraid is bollocks, Kompany as a voice in the dressing room may hold some sway oddy but not on the pitch, can you tell
    me how many games he actually played in lets say the last two seasons?.

Loosing Laporte so early did not help and then soon after Zinchencko and also Sane, all on the left side of the team,

City's demise has nothing to do with Kompany moving on in my opinion

3. OddDog

Staff Member

17 premier league appearances in each of the last 2 seasons. His absence has played a bigger role that VAR in this title race.

4. NDS

NDS Well-Known Member

I didn't mention anything around VAR, I said that City lost the whole of the left side of play for them and that was a
    bigger down fall.

Var has had a massive impact on the game as a whole also though.

5. OddDog

Staff Member

I know you didn’t mention VAR, I was responding to previous posts <ok>

City’s defence has been the key - whether just Kompany or a number of issues. But I do think his presence has been missed.

6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

In one of the local pubs, a sign appeared a few weeks ago that said “Gindependent Woman”, which was placed above the shelf that is home to half a dozen bottles of different flavours of gin. When I first saw it, I asked the barman to which of his two female colleagues that evening it was referring. He shrewdly replied the absent landlady. Wait till I tell her next time they are both working (even though it is probably true). <laugh>

A well known German food manufacturer is official supplier of their yoghurt product to British Athletics. They have an advert featuring Katarina Johnson-Thompson. They now have a Gin and Tonic flavoured product (presumably fat free). In this Olympic year, is this a German effort to knobble the British women athletes? The ones with early morning events won’t manage to get out of bed in time and the rest cannot remember what event they are doing.

7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Who currently has the Not 606 Ouija Board?

I want to find out if Michael Jackson is having a go at Derek Acorah for waking him up in 2009. He can expect Whamaggedon from George Michael after disturbing him Last Christmas.

Will he be haunting Yvette Fielding’s house? <ghost>

8. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Hypocrite pundits like Michael Owen: say one thing on TV when asked then post something different on Twitter. <doh>

The West Ham United equaliser against Sheffield United was correctly ruled out by VAR because the official correctly applied the handball law as it stands. If you do not like the handball law, then get it changed. For once it was a clear and obvious error.

The ball was headed onto Declan Rice’s arm, which allowed him to get control of the ball and pass to Snodgrass to score. Had his arm not been in the path of the ball, he would have lost control of it away to his left and there would have been no pass. The handball was not intentional but the handball was definitely a factor. If the incident had occurred last year, the goal would have stood because the referee clearly did not see the infraction; and then after the game the pundits would have been complaining that we need VAR.

I wish I had played my substitute Fantasy League goalkeeper, the Blades’ Henderson, and got the clean sheet bonus points... <doh>

9. stick

stick Bumper King

At the risk of being branded a dinosaur and a homophobe.

ADVERTS

Currently I keep seeing two lesbians kissing in a car advert and two homosexuals kissing at their wedding in a bank advert.
    Do we really need to see this in advertising. Just to appease every gender possible. NO WE DONT!

10. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

You homophobic dinosaur lol. Don’t worry Wokism is so over.

11. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I think the idea is that we're not supposed to see that it's two women or that it's two men. Sex and gender are supposed to be irrelevant so that we're not meant to see that it's any 'different'.

12. floridaspearl

On a serious note. It seems to me that they whoever they are are promoting this behaviour. I don’t have a problem with people’s sexuality. I have a problem with promoting it as the norm.

Reebok, Resurgam, redcgull and 2 others like this.
  13. stick

stick Bumper King

You have expressed my feelings there in a better way than I did.

redcgull likes this.
  14. smokethedeadbadger

But that's the attitude that they're trying to do away with. Why should it be any different if its man/woman, man/man or woman/woman.

stick likes this.
  15. stick

stick Bumper King

I hear you Smokey but my default position is that when two people of the same sex can procreate it will be absolutely normal.

Chaninbar likes this.
  16. smokethedeadbadger

And that's the thing isn't it. What people see as 'normal'. You're born how you're born. Whatever sexuality that is. It's not a choice or an illness. Our conventional views come from religion which is the biggest farce there's ever been

17. floridaspearl

My problem is people are being encouraged to explore their sexuality at to young an age. They don’t know what they want for tea tonight let alone what sex they want to be. It’s the same with Veganism, we are having rammed down our throat. Another form of facism.

redcgull likes this.
  18. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Almost every advert that includes a family in it has to be a mixed race family as well.

19. smokethedeadbadger

It's not about encouraging kids to explore their sexuality too young it's about teaching them with an open mind that it's OK if they're straight or gay. To be comfortable with who they and that there is no 'normal'. So kids don't feel like they have to make an issue of coming out to friends and family or be scared of doing so.

All this genger neutral crap I really disagree with and that's a form of child abuse. Physically and biologically you are either male or female. Even if you've changed you're still one or the other. None of this neither or both crap. But thats absolutely nothing to do with sexuality

rudebwoy, Cyclonic, redcgull and 4 others like this.
  20. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

I'm not sure about person being talked into a sexual preference. I remember as a kid, if anyone had tried push a dress on me, I'd have jumped up and down big time. I think we know who we are at at very early age.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.