1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surely they should get of and push their bikes across the road with the pedestrians

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

As a cyclist myself I have to concede that there are a fair number of absolute dickheads who ride cycles. I often find myself trying to educate them but they just look at me like I am crazy. My favourite one was a guy I had already overtaken (on an inner-city cycle path). I stopped at the next red light and waited for it to change to green, then along comes the guy I had just overtaken and goes through the light on red. So I have to overtake him again and I ask him if he is colour blind. Looked at me as if I'd just asked him what planet Looboo-Looboo lives on. Complete disregard for any concept of a highway code or etiquette on the road.

I don't think this is especially prevelant amongst cyclists, I think you see such ignorance in all walks of life and in all situations.

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

So easy.

4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

I am now a full-time pedestrian, never liked cars much anyway, just a tool to get from A to B, nothing more. Many Germans worship the ****ing things, status symbol and whatnot. An awful lot of German drivers grow horns every time they hit the Autobahn, nutty as fruitcakes some of them.

Bikes are becoming a dangerous 'means of conveyance' IMHO? Cyclists are becoming more someone to curse than motorists, at least down here they are. So, Eb, old chap, since I do not stare at my mobile while walking down the street, I presume I do not qualify for assassination? <laugh>

Dangerous to curse all and sundry now, gotta be careful. Young skinheads and thugs don't give a monkeys who they beat-up nowadays. Hard to catch 'em later on too.

EOS (No Passport irregularity, that I know of).

Deleted....... and bayernkenny like this.
  5. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

jesus , most of them ? you done a survey ? yep there's always one or two , but they aren't proper cyclists imho , they are tossers on two wheels , before they get a four wheeler !:1980_boogie_down:

gazboy likes this.
  6. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

The device staring illness tends towards a specific demographic; male/female between fifteen and thirty. This strange breed also seem to believe that, when travelling around my beautiful city by omnibus, I really give a f**k about their domestic or financial problems or their precise geographical position in Edinburgh.

When resident in your seductive and inviting city I make full use of public transport; Tram no. 18 to the 'Kino', Tram no. 19 for Lodenfrey and a touch of schmoozing in the bars of Vier Jahreszeiten and line U6 to Munchner Freiheit for an evening of peace and quiet at the 'Osterwaldgarten'.

Again, yours

Ebr. Scrooge

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    gazboy, SwanHills and rudebwoy like this.
  7. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

<laugh> Tram and U-Bahn info spot on!
    Best, Fred Ferrari.

bayernkenny likes this.
  8. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Simple man with simple tastes!

Apart from my stays in Fleming's Hotel Munchen-City!

9. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

It's all too easy to take a tongue and cheek crack at cyclists, but what of these dickheads?

gazboy and SwanHills like this.
  10. rudebwoy

Death wish, not much you can say about the so called riding exhibited in that film, and people wonder why they are killed on a regular basis........

Cyclonic likes this.

11. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

I wish Heinz would stop bollocking about with Salad Cream. A few years back they were going to faze it out due to the popularity of that American muck mayonnaise. The backlash forced a rethink. Now they are considering changing it's name to sandwich cream. I wonder how much resource Heinz have invested in that groundbreaking and innovative strategy. Fookin idiots.

LG, Ron and SwanHills like this.
  12. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

People who complain their kids are addicted to fortnite! Turn the internet off love, take away their mobile. Your kid doesn't need pyschotherapy you do! I remember jetsetwilly, Daley thomsons decathlon, dragons lair etc etc the difference was I still had respect for my mother so when she said times up it "usually" went off in the next four hours. Miss a YEAR of school for a GAME get a grip love.

Chaninbar likes this.
  13. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Was that the old school version from the mid 80s? No chance of getting addicted to that. Too fookin painful.

gazboy likes this.
  14. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Oh! the fingers cramps from that.

15. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

And the ooer mrs "broken joystick" . have to say Kay burley gave her pelters on sky. The woman compared it to food addiction wtf

16. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Unfortunately I don't know what incident sparked off your moan Gaz, but I agree completely about the need to restrict playing time. My grandkids go to bed when told to, but their gadgets go with them and they are on them until fk knows what time. School work suffers, and it will take it's toll physically as well in time.

My own kids grew up with computer gaming as I got in on it myself in the early 80's (BBC, Spectrum, Commie 64 ....!) but when I said time for bed, off they went.

Letting me back on the machine <laugh>

Chaninbar and gazboy like this.
  17. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Ant McPartlins estranged wife (no kids) says she's gonna take him for every penny (apparently). Decs got a bigger claim ya wee gold digga! What is it (apparently) with some women? He was famous (for no apparent reason) before you got married and it didn't work. You have little or no claim to his money now be a bit more #metoo and show yir girl power and move on!

18. Ardent1965

Ardent1965 Well-Known Member

As a passionate Scot who wants England to win the World Cup i find myself with the support of a meagre minority of like minded individuals North of the border....i cant believe the anti English hatred that is common place especially during a World Cup...it turns my stomach.....it does not make me less Scottish as is implied if you happen to cheer Harry Kane goals...

Lets replace Mark Lawrensons commentary though...

SwanHills likes this.
  19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seconded

20. rudebwoy

thirded , he's an ass , his humour belongs in the beano .