1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Pointless

They could have him on a TV Show (that HM The Queen apparently watches): ‘Pointless Celebrity Pointless’ <laugh>

2. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Not sure how their voting preferences come into it...
    Are all the staff at Alder Hey foreigners? <laugh>
    Surely the nurses are not all bearded... <laugh>
    Scousers did vote resoundingly for The Bearded One at the last election, so they must be uneducated to believe all that crap about getting everything for free. Mind you, the nation's youth were stupid enough to believe Cool Corbyn. Illogical.

3. StretchForTheLine

StretchForTheLine Active Member

Now you see you've cracked it right there, QM. "Pointless Celebrities" - the most accurately named show on TV.
    All that remains is to copyright the nomenclature, create it as a republic, buy an isolated island to site it, relocate the pitchfork brigade there, switch the lights off & leave.

4. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Surely an honourable mention on the old ‘moan thread’ must be given to the people who for 4 months have been whining about how cold it is and are now complaining that ‘oooooooooooooooooh, it's far too hot’.

5. Kodiac's Front

Kodiac's Front Active Member

In a brief exchange with an old acquaintance yesterday I cheerily offered "its good to finally see that sun, eh?" and was met with a curt "still too f*cking windy".

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There's always something wrong. Horses are out sunning their backs, nice grass to graze. Birds chirping happily, less mucking out, savings on electricity bills, barbecues, light warm evenings ....................................Ah, but, the bloody weeds are growing too fast

7. stick

stick Bumper King

People whose lives are in danger yet their first thought is to reach for their mobile phone and take pictures or videos

LG, Deleted....... and Resurgam like this.
  8. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

People who stand about gawking at road accidents.

9. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

I work in a bank - after leaving uni, I worked on a building site and the people I'm about to pick out as a moan undoubtedly overlap with the above group and they should be forced to work outdoors in the winter at least once.

People (I say people, they're always women and they're almost always overweight) who complain about the temperature in air conditioned offices.

"I'm freezing" when it's 17 degrees but they're sitting in a sleeveless top wanting the air temp changed rather than put a layer on.

I'd hate to be in any of their airless over-heated houses at any point.

10. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

i'd hate to be in their heads at any point , so many folk dont realise harsh realities for many , i work in building industry in all types of horrid conditions , you never get immune to them ...... office jobs by nature are cushioned from the physical world , and seem to engender a certain type of arrogance among an entitled species .....

LG and Bib Fortuna's Maw like this.

11. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Folk that dont realise the only person stopping them getting on is themselves! "always someone elses fault mentality"

If you work in the building industry Id guess its now a life choice so if you want "cushioned from the physical world" sort your fecking self out! Jeezus wept you dont half moan alot but seem unprepared to do much to resolve your own self pitying issues. Grow a pair!

QuarterMoonII likes this.
  12. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Beefy and Boris bitch-slapping each other on OUR horse racing forum - get to **** you sad ****s

13. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

14. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

tweedledum and tweedledee

15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

The whole problem with modern society is the totally failure of personal responsibility. It does not matter what politics anybody leans toward, society is dying a death because modern parents do not instil any responsibility in their offspring and that percolates into subsequent generations. Everything is always somebody else’s fault.

Any politician claiming they can fix society is a bigger liar than all the other politicians. Society cannot be fixed by a politician – only by the people (if they can get their heads out of the sand long enough to realise).

gazboy likes this.
  16. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Modern parenting is straighforward QM. Lesson 1 - After sprog is named go to tattoo parlour and get named adorned on body thereby demonstrating to everyone your undying love for your child. Lesson 2 - when child goes to school and gets in trouble threaten teachers with legal action or violence. Which option chosen usually depends on the number of O levels parents have. Simple really.

17. Kodiac's Front

Kodiac's Front Active Member

Lesson 3: Create a portfolio of "good parenting" examples by posting daily photos and updates on social media. Interspersed with images of your midweek carry-out and bizarre rants that usually start "I'm not naming names and stooping to their level, but certain people really need to...."

Chaninbar likes this.
  18. Chaninbar

Yes indeed. There must be a lesson 4. I'll give it some consideration whilst I go about my Sunday chores.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    gazboy likes this.
  19. Chaninbar

This is a little obscure but topical. Separate starting pens for celebs at mass participation running events. Why the **** should some ol bint who presented Blue Peter for 5 minutes and then moves onto a weekend slot at Radio Backwater FM get such special privileges. I've done a few of these events back in the day and half the battle is the logistics of getting to the start usually hours before the start, nutrition on the hoof, queuing for a **** with thousands of others, taking up to 40 minutes to reach the start after the gun has gone off and then having to navigate your way past all the dickheads who have lied about their running ability just to get as close to the start as they can. The run bit is the easy part. It really grinds my gears when someone with no particular running ability but a tiny bit of fame gets pampered like they do. And then they get interviewed and eulogise about the special atmosphere of the event. That's because you don't do the event that the rest of us do you pampered pricks. :headbang: (That feels much better)

floridaspearl, gazboy and rudebwoy like this.
  20. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Are they taking the piss or what? Do media sources who offer up outlandish headlines really expect us to believe their bullshit, or are they just a bunch of ****ers? One featured in online media surrounds the outfield catch by Trent Boult in the IPL as " the greatest catch ever." Trent and his family must be well chuffed. I suppose a royal gong must be on the cards.