1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Millwall fan's view of The North, Hull City and The KC Stadium

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DaveBambersPostman, Dec 20, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

While there's some Lions browsing, do you think you'll cough £500k odd, to sign Simpson?

2. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Why do you think we'd ask 500k for him? Id wager if they offered to take on his contract we'd let him go for free. He only cost us 50k.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They offered us £200k in the summer and we rejected it, we were asking for £600k, I think it will cost them at least £500k to get him.

4. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Have Millwall's fans really become so attention starved that they're forced to get their kicks from writing poorly-researched shock-jock-style articles on the web to try get the negative reaction they crave on such an obsessive level? Have they pussied out of intimidating people at games and moved on to hoolie journalism, waging a savage war of words on all who dare cross their path?

Sad to say the least.

I do agree with the author's point about merchandise-clad fans and silent, fan-unfriendly modern stadiums (and away days in a bleak ****hole definitely appeal more to me than some smiley family club arseholes).

But like people have said, the New Den looks and sounds dire, and the way Millwall's away support hide behind a series of increasingly desparate reasons for why they can't be bothered to follow their team any more just gets more and more amusing. If they could be arsed to turn up, the away days would have the fun returned. But they've given up on their dreadful team and their fans are going the same way.

5. Hesfords heros

Lol gotta say i agree that the KC is indeed soulless nowadays and also just plain embarrassing when the away fans spend the match being louder n more vocal than us!?.Never use to be though in its first few years i recall.......What happened??.The richer/quieter types snapping up season tickets to see their heroes i presume ala Rooney,Giggs,Gerrard etc and have fallen into the habit of still going since.

6. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

I really don't understand that whole article.
    Old Stadiums are 'Old' for a reason because they're ****, good whilst they lasted but i don't think i'd want to go back to playing at Boothferry it was grim as fook!
    The KC atmosphere has improved this season, it's not the worst atmosphere of a home ground i've attended if the football on the pitch is attractive and entertaining it translates into the atmosphere of the stadium (for example since Nicks come in the stadium on a whole has got louder).
    Hull (The City) has improved drastically in the past 11 years, same as Boothferry i wouldn't go back to how it was, we still have our bad areas like anywhere, He makes out asif Millwall and the city of London on a whole are some sort of paradise.
    With success comes fans, with fans come money, with money comes investment, with investment comes more success. Same old clueless bullshit from a club living in the past.

7. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

Been a supporter for 40 years mate - was there when Boothferry Park was majestic, then again when it was falling down and still there now we're at the iconic KC.

No better time to be a Hull City fan than the past 8 years since our move to the KC.

8. suttontiger

Been a supporter for 40 years mate - was there when Boothferry Park was majestic, then again when it was falling down and still there now we're at the iconic KC.

No better time to be a Hull City fan than the past 8 years since our move to the KC.

9. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

We are a decent benchmark for many of footballs ills; we have have the worse kind of owners, we have had the best; we have had our ups and we have had our downs (alot of that in the company of Millwall); we had a great old fashioned, crumbling ground that echoed to so many memories; now we have a new-style stadium that has to grow in feeling and passion - that is to future owners, management and supporters to build. Money is the King of Football and there are precious few who, ultimately put their history and traditions beyond wealth and supposed fame.
    Yes, we have changed, tell me of one single club that has not and is not trying very hard to change more. They call it evolution and just like the Polar Bear, Panda and Bustard, Tigers have found it a little hard going at times; perhaps Lions will feel the squeeze, who knows - the key is to survive and tolerate the change, because if none of us do, there is nothing to change.
    Not tongue-in-cheek, but hand-on-heart! :emoticon-0150-hands

10. DaveBambersPostman

Common sense at last!

11. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

In the days of boothferry park young kids living on council estates could just turn up and pay a few bob or a couple of quid and get in .. Bus loads turned up on a Saturday .. those where the ones stood on bunkers , or in the kempton making all the noise .. the youth of today are more into smoking dope , playing on playstations and even if they wanted to go most couldn't afford it .. We'r I stand at the back in E3 many of the singers are old sods like me who sung and jumped around back in the 70's and though older we have the money to afford to go...Cheap tickets for under 21's and even cheaper for kids @ school for the singing section and move us all into the north stand..

12. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

13. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Break dancing mackem at that !!! pmsl..

14. Barmbys_Tan

After going to Sunderland in May i for one can safely say i will NEVER be returning, the nicest thing was the stadium and aquatics centre... other then that it's like going back to 1990's Hull... or modern day North Bransholme.. a bowling alley which looks more like a slum i thought was closed turned out to be open.. **** me i wouldn't dare go in there.

Not sure what they mean in any of that forum? Plenty of nice areas in Hull, the city centre is nice go go to nowadays.. that nice i actually do my shopping there now

15. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Find it rich how someone from the area of London Millwall is to get on their high horse and belittle Hull so much. Sour grapes!

16. Barmbys_Tan

South Shields, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stoke, Bradford, Barnsley, Blackburn, Burnley, Accrington, Peterborough and so on are far worse then Hull.

Millwall tops the pile.

17. suttontiger

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member