1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Millwall fan's view of The North, Hull City and The KC Stadium

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DaveBambersPostman, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Pretty much spot on what he says as Boothferry Park was one of my favorite grounds to visit in the good old days, the KC is mindnumbing to say the least.
    Like most Millwall fans i was going to give saturday a swerve but as i have a couple of good mates who are Hull fans i came for a christmas drink. They however had no intention of going to the game and to be honest if i hadn't already bought a ticket i would had stayed in the pub with them.
    To sum up my day, had a great time until it was time to go to the ground, next season i'll be staying in the pub enjoying myself:smiley-finger007:<cheers>

2. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

You're assuming you're not going to get relegated :emoticon-0105-wink: :emoticon-0136-giggl

3. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Wow!! yet another story of a rival fan pulling one over another team whilst the building of a new stand/ground is taking part, sounds like another bullshit story to me.:emoticon-0113-sleep

4. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

I'm also assuming you don't get promoted as well:emoticon-0110-tongu

5. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

Both big assumptions!! <ok>

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Just like every other 'so called' Millwall fan then.

7. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I prefer how it is now to how it was in 1988, the writer is living in the past, also baseless comments about 'bleak depressing Hull' based on nothing, very lazy

8. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You would not be the first football supporter to fall by the wayside, but you are the first one I have come across to be a big enough **** to blame another team on it - what an absolute ****er! :emoticon-0146-punch

At least the guy who wrote the original article was expressing himself (and alot of us) in a tongue-in-cheek manner to express his general disappointment at modern football support - he had a bit of a dig, don't we all? We see it on the threads every week about libarary atmosphere, etc. and we all know it is a problem; it is up to todays new generation to work on it and they will!

9. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Better atmosphere in the pub OLM:emoticon-0105-wink:

10. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

An article about the grim north that's typical of deluded Londoners living in a ****e hole called Bermondsey not to mention much of the rest of Londonistan.

Take a look at this mateys and see how your area compares to life north of Watford Gap.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=981142

11. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

"And why behold you the speck that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?" (Matthew 7:3).

The article was designed to provoke a reaction and it has.

Written by a supporter from a team that lives in an area of the country where the only grass in a ten mile radius is the Millwall pitch, describing any area oustide of London as grim is priceless. London as a whole, and south of the river in particular, is dirty, depressing, demoralising and degenerate. The only bits that look half way decent are the areas they keep polished up to fleece the tourists.

The New Den is an identikit ground (Glanford Park South) that generally has less atmosphere than a rock in the asteroid belt. Professing a love for old grounds is akin to saying that days were better when families of 10 lived in a two up two down with a toilet at the bottom of the yard and a tin bathtub in front of the fire. It has a certain charm but you wouldn't want to do it every day. I loved football at Boothferry and I love it at the KC.

It's a classic example of the pot calling the kettle black.

12. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Fez, not blaming anyone exclusively, however we were talking about Hull and in my opinion you have changed and not for the better.
    Glad you can see the original story for what it was, as in tongue-in-cheek with a slight play on stereotypes, where as most Hull posters are tongue-up-arse with a big play on stereotypes.:kiss:

13. Jimmy Graham's bald head

Jimmy Graham's bald head Well-Known Member

Care to explain how two years in the Premiership, realistic ambitions of getting back there, attracting internationals to our club, playing in a modern stadium etc is a 'not for the better' change than languishing in league two facing the very realistic option of going out of business in a stadium that was falling apart? Believe me, I look back on the past with the most rose tinted of specs and loved those days at Boothferry but only a ****tard, and a retarded ****tard at that, would seriously suggest that the changes in our club over the last 10-15 years have not been for the better.

14. pmsl

pmsl Member

the two biggest shiny plastic bowls are in london. he's a c***. they all are. soft cockney c****

15. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Don't these soulless stadia come from IKEA?

16. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

The fans have changed bald head, too many happy clappy types now, where as the Hull fans of old were down to earth, you can have some success without selling your soul you know.

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The old fans are still there, they've just been joined by some new ones.

You're only jealous, as you haven't got any fans. :emoticon-0110-tongu

18. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

The same new fans that snapped up all the tickets for away games in your first season in the Premiership OLM?, the ones that deprived the long standing Hull fans of old a ticket?, you can keep 'em.

19. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

To be fair, this was a pain.

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It was indeed a pain, but mainly because Duffen scrapped the loyalty scheme and decided to make it a free-for-all.

If we'd have kept the old system we wouldn't have had an issue as the tickets would have gone to the people that normally go to aways anyway.

Despite them screwing it up, there were only two games I couldn't get tickets for that first season(having applied for pretty much every game), fortunately, they were for two of the smaller games, Man United and Liverpool.