1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Man of Honour

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Kifflom!, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Just when you thought the shennanigans going on in football these days could get no worse - when decent managers are given the boot and megalomaniacal owners run riot we have a man who has again refused to break a contract, and not for the first time in his career.

Yes, things may change in the future but what a thoroughly decent guy. Michael Laudrup I salute you!

"I would never leave a club in the middle of the season. I have never done that as a player, or as a manager. So I wouldn't do it in the future."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25468268

I hope this isn't another "They'll have to drag me out of here" moment but on the face of it guys we have someone very special at the helm. <ok>

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Its not as if he has any offers has he. It's easy to say but everyone has a price at which they cannot refuse.

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Nevertheless, I for one found his comments refreshing in the current climate where greed appears to rule ...

4. swanseaandproud

Of course anyone would..

5. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Michael Laudrup is a man of the highest integrity and I am proud that he is the manager of my football club. PERIOD!!

6. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

We've heard all that before.

7. Shaper

Shaper Active Member

Despite the fact that I've bloody blocked him, other people are still quoting him and exposing me to the myopic drivel that he continues to spout.

Dai, you are a halfwit!

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

It's so easy to be negative isn't it ?

9. Bovi

Bovi New Member

Laudrup's a top bloke if he says he won't go then he won't go.

10. Kifflom!

It's easy for weary football fans who've been around for a while to cast a cynical eye over this but Laudrup's track record on contracts is very impressive.

Dai: "Its not as if he has any offers has he. It's easy to say but everyone has a price at which they cannot refuse."

You are entitled to your views but when you post something that is inaccurate you can expect to be corrected. Your comment that he hasn't had any offers is patently incorrect. Laudrup has publicly stated that he has turned down at least one Champions League club to to remain with us because he was contracted to do so. Therefore, unless you are calling him a liar I suggest you shut the **** up. He said this to Sky Sports News in July:

"I've never been close to leaving because I said I would stay this season; it's important to us. We still have to consolidate this team, this club and a promise is a promise &#8211; that's why I'm here. Yes, it's true, there were some approaches from big clubs as well, even from Champions League clubs, but I said I was going to stay here."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...league-club-stay-swansea-3969741#.UrVmdPbjw7A

Some media outlets reported that it was PSG, others Porto, Fenerbahce and/or Monaco but he was never specific. Though he did hint there was more than one CL offer on the table by using the plural above and here:

&#8220;Yes there were clubs &#8212; a couple of big ones as well &#8212; wanted me but it never became anything more than that. As I&#8217;ve said and confirmed many times, I wanted to stay at Swansea.&#8221;

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/07/...g-to-remain-at-swansea-nightly-soccer-report/

Personally I'm immensely proud that little old Swansea has a Manager who would rather be here than with one of those much bigger clubs because "a promise is a promise".

As you are someone who proudly trumpets that he deals in FACTS please get them right before spouting drivel. <ok>

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I'd be very surprised (and saddened and disappointed I'll add) if he was to leave before close season after the comments he has made ... you can misjudge people that's true. and sometimes wishful thinking comes into it ... but there is something about him that emanates honesty and that he is a man of his word - my perception admittedly but I hope I'm right because there are too few of that breed around in this modern age.

12. Kifflom!

I tend to agree Fosse. The comments he has made aren't glib, off the cuff remarks like the famous one Martinez made. Laudrup has repeatedly stuck by his guns in saying he'll honour his contract. I suppose resigning if results go dramatically downhill can't be ruled out, or indeed sacking by the Board, god forbid. I think the point he's making is that he won't jump ship to another club whilst under contract here and that, at least for now, is very reassuring. <ok>

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Maybe in your world you've experienced it but believe it or not there are people out there who live by their word and thats more important to them than gaining bigger monetary rewards or a higher profile. I accept that there are who would jump ship at any opportunity but does our manager fall into that category only he knows. I take people at face value and until proved otherwise then I accept what he said is true .He doesn't owe us anything to be honest he's for-filling his contract as that's what you would expect .

14. Kifflom!

fulfilling?

<sorry>

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

My apologies , a hard days' drinking yesterday (black Friday and all than nonsense ) hasn't helped my brain this morning , and now I've got to cycle back into town to collect my car .<cheers>

16. Kifflom!

Ah.... good luck with that. I avoided last night but am taking the plunge tonight. Hopefully will be quieter. <ok>

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Eternal optimist

18. Kifflom!

I know. Will probably be crazy.

19. barcastyle

barcastyle Member

Seconded.
    Laudrup is without argument a man of his words, a very honest bloke, no bollocks from him. He is IMO a true gentleman. I've always rated him very highly. I am proud that he is the manager of Swansea City.

20. swanseaandproud

Who has made laudrup a firm offer then? what i said is spot on deal with it..<ok>

He is massively overrated and there are better out there who would have won us more games. That i have no doubt about..he will soon be gone anyway so im happy..