1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A letter from Scally.

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Nov 27, 2020.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

2. brb

brb CR250

Heart felt and warm letter.

I watched the Tranmere v Brackley game tonight, and Tranmere's chairman commented at half-time about the help from the top, he was careful what he said but also very direct. Remember that a lot of these clubs have been around since the early 1900's, are you really just going to sit back and watch us all go under (not his precise words, but the same thoughts).

I think the Prem League need to remember Bruce, Egan, Bertrand, Gazzaniga, Dack (Championship), all came from the lower leagues, Man United even paid £80M for Maguire, the same Maguire that was wearing a Sheffield United shirt losing to Gillingham not that many years ago. We are the foundation of the Premier League, we owe them nothing, they owe us everything.

itstimupnorth likes this.
  3. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Arguably the best he has ever written. Because of historical events I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to have an unqualified positive feeling about his tenure, but the overall tone of the message is that of a more genuine feeling of wanting to connect with supporters.

brb and alwaysright like this.
  4. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Connect with supporters. No mention of season ticket holders getting any sort of refund. No I don't want one but should have an option also people paid for tickets last season with no correspondence with them.