1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread A Helping Hand Chairboys v Shrews 24th Nov 18

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys entertain the Shrews at Adams Park for the first time for four seasons and Gareth Ainsworth will once again be offering a warm hand of friendship to our opponents from Salop, there has been 22 league meetings between the sides and our only defeat was in our first season as a football league team although 13 of those meetings have been drawn including a 1-1 draw back in March 2011 in which GA scored a wonder goal to salvage a point and we went on to pip the Shrews to promotion by just the one point.
    Gaz has landed experienced keeper David Stockdale on a seven day emergency loan and he will be hoping to have one or two more returning back from injury and with Bryn Morris being unavailable a 4-4-2 formation is expected.
    I will be at AP once again looking forward to a good game against the team immediately below ourselves and to continue our winning run at AP<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Friday already. Where has this week gone? Better get the comp up <doh>

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

IF we can maintain our average points per game to date we will end up with 53 points
    IF we could maintain our current form (last 8 matches) for the rest of the season would end up with 67 points

Means nothing but, for interest, this is where we would have ended up with those points over the last 6 seasons
    upload_2018-11-23_14-32-1.png

Rocky blue army likes this.
  4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Going to this one, will be my second home game of the season. Hope it's not as exciting as the the last one home to Scunthorpe, just a nice comfortable victory would be nice.

Ron likes this.
  5. Guywanderer

Team news
    Nathan Tyson returned from injury last week and will be in contention again, while David Stockdale will make his debut in goal after joining on an emergency loan. Joe Jacobson and Adam El-Abd should face their former club, but Bryn Morris is ineligible, and late decisions will be made on the fitness of Matt Bloomfield, Adebayo Akinfenwa, Michael Harriman and Darius Charles.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ex Wycombe player Holloway put Shrews in front after 3 mins
    Score 1-1 at present with Adam El-ABD lashing home the equaliser. JJ just made it 2-1 as I type

How strange is that?

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bollocks 3-2

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

5 mins plus stoppage time

10. philhythe

There really was only one team in it today, boy do we make it difficult for ourselves. After the second goal it was more of a question could we keep up the pressure in the second & how many were we going to win by. Score the third & I thought this is it, by the time I had thought it, a stupid defensive mistake let them in & Shrewsbury were a completely different team. Alex Samuel reminds me of a younger Craig Mackail-Smith with his pace & the way he runs across the line tackling back, always looking for the ball. We will cause Accrington problems upfront with the pace the team have, as long as the defence holds up. Another cracking game that's two home games this season both finished 3-2 after letting early goals in. JJ's goal is well worth a watch because I think he meant to do what he did.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018
    Ron and Guywanderer like this.

11. philhythe

I see the results went our way as well today with Rochdale & the bottom three the only ones below us to win.

Ron likes this.
  12. Guywanderer

I agree totally Phil JJ goal was a peach and seeing it on TV you could see he picked his spot AEA goal was well taken chested it down and slotted it away nicely Samuel works tirelessly and well deserved his goal which turned out to be the winner when you look at the stats it shows that we should have won by two or three goals and when the third goal went in I thought we could get a couple more but that thought didn't last long

Ron likes this.