1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Fulham point of view

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by fulhamjohn, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Spot on DL <ok>

2. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have nothing against Fulham. But I have always believed it is best to measure a team's fanbase by their away following. Anyone can go to home games, (heck I've been to Villa and Wolves a few times when cheap tickets are on the go) but not everyone will go to away games. I believe away following is where the hardcore following is at.

Last time QPR came to the Bridge (I was there) they sold out their 6,000 allocation with many reportedly missing out. Fulham took half of the 6,000 offered to them in the Carling Cup this season.

Wigan similarly can draw anything from 15,000-23,000 for a home league game yet take only dozens of fans to away games.

I don't mean to turn it into a "my dad is bigger than yours" thread I'm just simply offering LR another view

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

bloody hell DL!!!!!!!
    Spot on again <ok>
    I have always said the same in that you can really tell a club by its away support. It's okay (as you said) getting 25K at home but if you then take 200 away it really makes you think what the fans are really like?

Last season on the old 606 board i used to have the same debate with some Reading fans who would knock our home support yet they had one of the worst away supports in the league. I said the same to them.

That's why i reacted to the Fulham 'donut' that knocked our gates earlier in the thread. All i would say to him is i have seen your turn out at Newcastle and we are just 300 tickets from a sell out away and its on an early sunday kick off, live on sky. Would Fulham have done that? I think we all know the answer.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Desperate backtracking, from the 80s Rangers fan who thought the Shed was the away end (you said and I quote 'this Vidoe clearly shows the 'Crumbly bit' to the left of the away fans [IN FACT THE SHED, NOT AWAY END] next to the 3 tier stand [EAST STAND]).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEnkcp6RcE

Do yourself a favour and don't mug yourself off with your lies any further. You thought the Shed was the away end and never went to SB in the 80s.

Pay more attention to Kenny Swindles' pub talk, Ellers LIES

5. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Even Spurs didn't manage to sell their allocation for Sunday 4pm vs Newcastle.

It's important to remember QPR have a large dormant fanbase (a bit like Millwall, West Ham and to a lesser extent Chelsea). Fans that haven't been to games in years. My cousin's used to go to QPR regularly in the 70s and 80s etc. In fact I was speaking to a guy on the way to Sunderland away that was a Hayes and Yeading fan but has an ST at QPR in the 80s. Supports QPR but prefers non-league because it's cheaper etc.

I agree with the earlier thread about Paul Parker, when he said QPR is different to Fulham in that Rangers fans will have supported QPR for years and it is more of a community club, I'd say the same for Chelsea's away support and most of our home following minus the community bit.

Fulham can draw larger numbers for United, Chelsea and Arsenal at home, that is without doubt, but QPR could also draw larger numbers for Wigan, West Brom away etc in unglamorous fixtures.

Two completely different types of fans and two completely different clubs IMO <ok>

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Dear LondonsThickestI have tried to explain to you that when i was in the away end of Chelsea in the 87/88 game, to my left their was a 'crumbly bit' which would be next to the 3 tier stand. I am not talking about the 'shed end' because that had a roof and the end i have clearly shown you does not.

You have also said:
    and
    Implying that i was (as you said) 'lying'. Now i don't lie and unlike you i can accept when i am wrong, however in this case i am 100% right.

Here is a video that clearly shows the 'crumbly bit' and guess what QPR have 3 of 4 pens. (funny according to you we didn't)?

http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=19064

8mins 10 secs shows a great view.

Now putting all this together i have worked out that in fact you talk utter #######s, know nothing about your own club and cannot admit when you are wrong.
    All i can say is jog on you 'donut' and bore someone else.

At least we all know you talk ####, or does the camera lie as well?
    Muppet of the year

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

The camera does not lie Ellers LIES.

This match is a different game: Milk Cup Quarter Final Replay from the 1985/1986
    not 1987/8 as you originally stated.
    You have three very sparsely filled pens not four as you originally stated (maybe 3,000 away fans; embarrassing, your away support is even worse than I remembered it, for a QF too! There must be all of 50 of you in pen 3).
    The 'crumblie bit' is by the West not East stand and was closed after the 82 Cup game v Spurs by police; no fans entered it thereafter.
    Kenny swindles been telling you more Ellers Lies

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Once again you cannot admit when you are wrong. I never said that was the game i went to in 87/88, i was just trying to show you that we had 3 pens (which you said we never did) and 4 pens when i went in 87/88 (sparsely filled or not). It also shows the 'crumbly bit'.
    You have had your five minutes now and anyone can see that you are.
    See you later 'Jonny come Roman'.

9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Perhaps DL could let us all know who's right here?

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You can't even remember your own lies:

At 5.32pm yesterday, you said: 'I remember going to 'Slumford Bridge' 87/88 season and Rangers had 4 Pens and a few in that 'crumble bit' at the side. '

QPR ... four pens.... LOL ....Ellers Lies

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Col i don't need to ask DL as i know the bloke is a t### and knows nothing.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Well, your fellow Rangers fans are obviously not so convinced.

Maybe you can call Kevin Swindles and ask him about Rangers having four pens plus 'Crumblie Bit' in an 18k attendance!

Anyway, the crowds at Loftus tended to be bigger than the crowds at the Bridge for our matches, as
    1. It was your cup final
    2. We brought treble the amount of fans to LR (5,000-15,000 say) than you brought to the Bridge (2,000-5,000 say)

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

They know you are a t### all right.

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<laugh>

<doh>

Why did Northolt leave?

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Well over half the ground for the 1970 game in the FA Cup. well over half the ground.

You like using YouTube to look up games you pretended to go to, suchas er.... 1987/8... or was it, 85/6 errrrr...

Watch the 1970 Cup game on YouTube. Chelsea all over the Loft, taking the p

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Well over half the ground for the 1970 game in the FA Cup. well over half the ground.

You like using YouTube to look up games you pretended to go to, suchas er.... 1987/8... or was it, 85/6 errrrr...

Watch the 1970 Cup game on YouTube. Chelsea all over the Loft, taking the p

<laugh>

wait a sec...
    <laugh>

17. Chair Nob'll Fallout

Chair Nob'll Fallout Well-Known Member

Why is this Chelsea time waster constantly on our board? Doesn't he have anything better to do?

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I guess it was my fault for replying to his utter rubbish. I won't bother now esp when he makes up rubbish like he has.

19. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Its MickCFC/HammersmithBlue/ChelseaBadger - the same twat that is always on our board talking about boxing day in 1982 or the FA cup in 1970, when 700,000 chelsea fans took over that mythical 5th stand at Loftus Road

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I think he has just been outed.
    I didn't have the heart to tell him in the 60's-70's most fans went from ground to ground each week. Most my family used to go Chelsea one week QPR next whoever was playing at home. Let the deluded mixed up muppet believe what he wants.

5th Stand <laugh>
    classic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.