1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Fulham point of view

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by fulhamjohn, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

If you were really there, you would recall the 'crumbly bit' would have been on your right adjacent to the West Stand not on your left. I am afraid your memory is incorrect.

Generally the OB only opened pens three and four when the first two were full (up to 4/5,000).

So if West Ham brought 6,000 they would have three pens.

The amount of Rangers fans who big it up saying they made it to the Bridge back in the day is amazing. We would have 40k crowds every time if all their claims are true.

2. fulhamjohn

fulhamjohn New Member

Agreed, no comeback on the statue - it is a complete and utter joke. As regards Paul Parker though, he might have a different agenda - wasn't he employed by QPR a while back in community work or something like that? Probably wants to keep you sweet.

In terms of ambition, we've been top 10 in 2 of the last 3 seasons, and spent in excess of £10m on 1 player twice during that time. We are also about to build a new stand and increase our capacity to over 30,000.

Jol is also on record as saying he intends to make us a regular top 10 club - where is the lack of ambition? Hughes thinks that not wanting to spend £18m on Pablo Osvaldo showed a lack of ambition - I disagree - more a case of being sensible and running our club within the budget Mo allows.

3. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Ambition - A strong desire to do or achieve something

1. an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment: Too much ambition caused him to be disliked by his colleagues.
    2. the object, state, or result desired or sought after: The crown was his ambition.
    3. desire for work or activity; energy: I awoke feeling tired and utterly lacking in ambition.

"Ambition is the desire for personal achievement. It provides the motivation and determination necessary to achieve a particular end or condition. Ambitious people are characterised by their strong desire for attainment, power, or superiority. Ambition can also be defined as the object/subject of this endeavour."

The Irish poet Oscar Wilde said that "Ambition is the last refuge of failure."

The way I see it is that theres many types of ambition. And any individual or organisation/club might see it differently, doesn't necessary mean they're less ambitious.
    What you say John about being a regular top ten club, for me that represent ambition for clubs of our size. What Mark Hughes' take on ambition no one of us knows. I'm just hoping our club doesn't bite over more than we can chew and listen carefully to Oscar Wilde.

I would be thrilled if we could establish ourselves as a top ten team! Cause if you do that, the odd season you might surprise and end up higher and achieve exciting cup runs on your way, like yourself did so splendidly in the Europa League.

Good luck for this season and in the future, hope to meet up on a regular basis for years to come <ok>

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

As a Chelsea fan I see Fulham as the bigger club with more fans; and the Chelsea-Fulham derby is much bigger than Chelsea Rangers historically. Chelsea's poor attendances v QPR compared to the real local derby v Fulham prove that

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

That's fine LF as i see Spurs, Arsenal and west Ham as bigger clubs than Chelsea. Okay maybe same sort of size as West Ham but not the other two.
    when i was growing up they were always bigger. Chelsea really only got good when Roman and the hoards of plastics turned up.

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

When Chelsea, Fulham and QPR were all in Div 2 in the early 80s.

Chelsea got 23,381, 18,365 and 20,821 v QPR at home.

It was not a big game for us.

The same seasons we got 30,567, 29,797, 31947 v Fulham for the real West London derby.

QPR have not natural rival: Brentford maybe

7. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

On the pitch theyve done well, off the pitch they are an embarrassment with the owner, statue, away attendance, quiet fans, neutral end, special offers on tickets for £15 etc.

Would any of us want a club like that?

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Well obviously you must be one of the new 'Romans Children' fans as any real Chelsea fan will tell you all about the Chelsea/QPR thing in the 80's. But then again most of you only have a 10 year history with Chelsea so its always going to be hard.

Thing is Chelsea are actually the ones that don't have any real rival because in London it's Spurs-Arsenal, Millwall-Westham and sometimes West Ham-Spurs and all Chelsea do is cling on to anyone that is interested.

As for Rivalry with Chelsea after going to the recent games and seeing all those plastic tourist you have tbh i would rather have Brentford as a rival. Your supporters are rubbish and are nothing like the old lot.
    All 'Jonny come Roman' now. <ok>

9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I was talking about the on pitch stuff.

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Ellers: Any real Chelsea fan will tell you all about the Chelsea/QPR thing in the 80's.

LMAO. For Rangers, it was obviously a big 'thing in the 80s'. Though you still never made it from White City to the Bridge.

Come to think of it, you barely made it to Loftus Road when Chelsea came to town!

11. NorwayRanger

This was originaly a Fulham-QPR thread i believe LF.

As Ellers say "all Chelsea do is cling on to anyone that is interested". No one coming out to play with you on our own or any of your "rivals" board? LF we're not interested!

Don't feed the troll!<nahnah>

12. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

I think both Fulham FC and Rangers fans are looking forward to the day that Chelsea leave Fulham and move to Wandsworth (or even better Sutton) so Roman can build his Abramovitch dome.

And londonsfinest can sit at the top of the dome surveying the 120,000 fans below and say: "I wish it had a crumbly bit"

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Funny enough Norway i was about to say the same thing. This was a thread about Fulham/QPR so why should a Chelsea fan be interested?
    If we mean nothing to them why comment?
    Once again another 'Roman' fan tries to 'big Chelsea up'.
    Think he is a muppet.

Last thing i will say to him is he knows nothing about his own ground as this Video clearly shows the 'Crumbly bit' to the left of the away fans (next to the 3 tier stand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEnkcp6RcE

(1Min in) You better read a few more books on Chelsea mate because you know nothing about the old days. <ok>

14. NorwayRanger

He's infesting most of our threads, fishing until someone bites.
    Reminds me of someone, but I can't recall who.........? <doh>

15. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

District Line? :emoticon-0105-wink:

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

That's the Shed End not the away end. Ha Ha ha. With its own 'crumblie bit'.
    That's not the away end next to the three tier stand (East).

Proves you are a ranger-never-there.

Ha ha aha ha. QPR fan in the 80s, my arse.

You weren't even at the match in 87; all lies.

You don't even know which end is the away end, ELLERS LIES.

Exposed: If you were in the away end, the 'crumblie bit', would have been on your right (by the West Stand).

Unless you supported Chelsea then, Ellers. Then it would have been on your left watching from the Shed (which also had its own 'crumblie bit').

All your lies exposed ELLERS LIES

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Actually think DL has more class than this 'donut'.
    He is so 'Jonny come Roman' that he cannot even work out that the fans have run from Right to left past the players tunnel. So in that case if my opinion is wrong then the Boro ran the Chelsea at their own ground. Happy with that <OK>

18. NorwayRanger

Are really trying to convince US that ELLERS is the liar here LF? Are you for real?!

Jog on you plastic WUM :emoticon-0145-shake

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Thanks Norway but i think he has shot himself in the foot regarding the video.
    I have probably forgotten more Chelsea games than this mug has been to.
    Maybe he should change his name to 'LondonsThickest'
    <laugh>

20. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It depends, most Chelsea fans I know view Tottenham and Arsenal as the big derby game for us with West Ham not to far behind.

Fulham might be bigger now, the demise of Wimbledon FC and Fulham's relatively sustained success/European Football have resulted in an exponential growth of their fanbase, having said that I'd argue QPR have a larger overall following. When you look at the numbers QPR take to average away games (outside London), I'd argue that QPR take far larger numbers.

I think at both Fulham and QPR there is huge potential for growth, wouldn't be surprised to see either consistently finish in the top half soon, same with West Ham <ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.